Taste Good, Feel Good
Handcrafted in small batches for freshness and quality control, each flavor features ingredients that are locally sourced and organic when possible including milk from local Florida grass fed cows.
Ice cream creator and co-owner of The Greenery Creamery, Marie tells us her secret; "I taste things and think about whether it would taste good as a sorbet or ice cream. I imagine cream or no cream and I consult flavor pairing articles. After research, I go into development and whip something in the kitchen, testing the same concept in several different recipes. These ice cream trials go into flavor testing before they are launched for sale!"All of our flavors are tested with The Greenery Creamery's taste testers.
When it comes to our business philosophy, we believe in keeping things simple which is why we focus on four key characteristics:
- Variety- Handmade and local. The Greenery Creamery offers a unique array of ice cream flavors for all palates of dairy and vegan eaters.
- Community - Each quarter, a special-crafted flavor is designed and proceeds are donated to a community or employee suggested charity.
- Local Culture - We are your neighborhood ice cream shop! Our dream is to create ice cream for the community powered by the community. Orlando has a rich artisanal food culture and we'd like to partner with local businesses and entrepreneurs for the ultimate #OrlandoMade ice cream creations. (Think mix-ins and pairings like pies, cookies, beer, cakes, etc!)
- Sustainability: Think Green - Everything used will be compostable and/or biodegradable, recycled, and purchased locally or organic if possible!
- Investing in local economies produces a healthy, vibrant neighborhood.
What inspired The Greenery Creamery?
The Greenery Creamery started as a hodge podge of food and beverage ideas in the minds of its co-founders, Marie and Mo. Ice cream perfectly captures the essence of the whimsy they wanted to create in the most effortless and innocent way and thus began the creation of a neighborhood ice cream boutique.
Located in the heart of downtown Orlando!
No ice cream culture exists downtown! Have you thought about walking around Lake Eola with an ice cream cone on a hot day? Downtown is a growing residential community and commercial center with one big ice cream void.
The Greenery Creamery is a tiny space with a big heart. It is downtown’s quick stop-and-go ice cream boutique to refuel the spirit!
Sample Flavor List
Ice Cream Flavors will rotate daily
- Cookie'd and Creamed
- Vietnamese Coffee
- Sea Salted Caramel
- Peach Buttermilk
- Earl Grey
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberry
- Black Ash Coconut
- Orange Blossom
- Cookie Butter
- Mint Oreo
- Vanilla and Brown Butter
- Black Ash Coconut
- Almond and Brown Butter (Gluten Free)
- Vanilla (Vegan)
Reviews & Testimonials
- “What I love about my favorite flavor, which is the passion fruit, is the sweet and savory taste of it. I love the richness of it when I first take a spoonful.” -Sara R
- "I tasted two flavors of Marie’s delicious frozen delights. One was a raspberry sorbet and the other was a passionfruit ice cream. I tried the raspberry sorbet first. My surprise was not the flavor--although it was even stronger and fresher than I expected-- but the texture of it. It was so smooth and creamy that its tartness still seemed creamy! Then, I tried the passionfruit ice cream. Wow! The ice cream was smoother than the sorbet. It was an epicurean’s delight. Thank her!” -Alan
- “Out of all the flavors I have bought (I've bought over a dozen) the one that has really wowed me is the vegan speculoos. It is coconut based instead of dairy based so that every bite of it tastes like a wholesome bite of Girl Scout caramel delight cookies. She also does custom orders if you do not see a flavor you want on her menu!” -Phong P
- “Greenery Creamery's ice cream is both delicious and delightful. Knowing it's made from scratch makes it all the better in comparison to all the processed ice cream out there. To me the coolest thing about their ice cream is the variety in flavors, I'm sure everyone can find a flavor they'll love." -Matt
- “I’m a big fan of ice cream! The variety of flavors from The Greenery Creamery is always exciting to see and choose from. The flavors are rich whether it’s a fruity sorbet or a cream based flavor. I haven’t been disappointed in a flavor yet!” -MT
Marie, a native Floridian, always had an obsession for ice cream.
While training in opera at NYU, Marie spent many hours eating ice cream during down time from classes and rehearsals. She spent many days in NYC eating blueberry or green tea flavored ice cream only to find that when she returned to Florida, it wasn't available in a natural, homemade fashion.
Working in a corporate job led to a break from her musical career and a love for business and entrepreneurship. The common thread amongst her interests and career choices: collaboration.
"The Greenery Creamery is an exciting first project," she says. "I'm excited to bring in laughter through a neighborhood place, yummy eats, and create a green business model that supports local economies by uniting with other industries and businesses."
Thank you for supporting!
(Special thanks to Jacquie Kinman, who made this Kickstarter happen, and Belysia Walker, an awesome copy writer based here in Orlando, FL.)
Risks and challenges
The business is located right on the cusp of Thornton Park and Downtown Orlando-- the perfect balance of residential and commercial activity. Thank goodness Florida is perfect for year-round ice cream weather! It's hard to say no to a scoop of ice cream. Beautiful Lake Eola is only steps away as well!
Currently, the business is in the process of receiving the necessary paperwork from the City of Orlando to move forward in its buildout. A location is set, as is all of the equipment. Your support is greatly appreciated in making the buildout possible.
Marie has been making (and eating) ice cream her whole life and is ready to share it with Orlando!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)