AR Calendar - 2014 Augmented Reality Calendar
AR Calendar - 2014 Augmented Reality Calendar
Your wall calendar and smart device have been talking. Join OneFire in the development of AR Calendar. Make our thing legit for 2014!
Your wall calendar and smart device have been talking. Join OneFire in the development of AR Calendar. Make our thing legit for 2014! Read more
About this project
Introducing the AR Calendar
To everything there is a season, a time for a wall calendar, a time for smartphones, and a time to for your calendar to come to life through your smartphone -with AR Calendar.
Remember the scenes in Hogwarts School where the images in the traditional paintings actually come to life. Futuristic? Yes, but that PC in your pocket is all the wizardry you need to make this idea a reality. Calendar apps are perfect for solving the problem of maintaining a busy schedule. But let’s face it, printed calendars are one part function, one part fashion. It’s a “piece of flair,” if you will, for your cubicle wall.
The AR Calendar taps the power of your smartphone (iOS or Android), using augmented reality to bring your calendar to life.
How It Works
1) Pick up a copy of the stunning 2014 AR Calendar (after we raise the funds to print it) from our website or support us here on Kickstarter and get one mailed to you!
2) Download the free companion AR Calendar Viewer App for your iOS or Android device and hold up to the calendar.
3) View the calendar through your device to see the pages come alive, like these stunning time-lapse shots from around the world.
After you help us kickstart our 2014 time-lapse calendar, we're planning to take our offerings to the next level by offering on-demand calendars that are customized to our users. Imagine taking your own photos and videos with your smartphone and turning them into real calendars, posters and cards you can gift to your friends or simply enjoy yourself.
This is just the beginning of our vision for AR Calendar.
How Your Money Helps
As as small startup company, we have many great ideas but limited funds to get them off the ground. That's where you come in! We couldn't do it without the Kickstarter community. Here is our plan on how your money will be put to work.
The $12,000 Breakdown:
$1,000 - Custom AR Calendar UPC Code for in-store distribution
$1,000 - Licensing of beautiful content from our video partners around the world
$6,000 - Printing, binding, cardboard insert, shrink wrapping of calendars
$4,000 - Finalizing development of our iOS & Android AR viewer apps.
We love this new era of smartphones and tablets. At OneFire, we spend a lot of time dreaming up ways to use the processing power of these smart devices to enable media-rich, immersive experiences. Sometimes the preferred solution is exclusively digital. But more often we are drawn to a best-of-both-worlds approach using traditional and digital media.
The OneFire Team
We started as a small startup with only 2 people in 2012 and have grown our staff to 13 people in just over a year. We have a small and nimble staff with HUGE ideas and products we're dreaming up for ourselves and our business partners every day.
OneFire is a leader in the migration of content to the post-PC era. We provide strategic consultation and management to organizations desiring to engage audiences with the immersive, interactive, rich media experience that mobile technology provides.
Our passion is to collaborate with our business partners for any one or all steps along the way, including the design of a post-PC strategy, creating sustainable processes, providing project management, digital publication creation, and matching tools and technologies with real business needs.
Risks and challenges
There are not many challenges that will slow this project down. However, with any new project there are a few potential obstacles.
1) Apple App Submission Delays - Since Apple requires a 7-10 day window before they will tell us if our completed app is approved or not, it is possible that the iOS version of our app could be delayed by a few days after the calendars get shipped. We don't see this happening, but it is possible.
2) Unforeseen Printing or Shipping Delays - Our production schedule for getting the completed calendar design to our printer should allow for plenty of leeway in getting the calendars printed, shrink-wrapped and shipped. However, it is out of our control after the printer starts on the printing and after we ship the product out to our customers. We are using a reliable printing company that we've used in the past for projects similar to this, so we have faith that they will deliver on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)