About the Book
INSPIRED BY TRUE EVENTS
Fresh out of high school Oliver Rain escapes living in a small town hidden in the mountains and leaves for the glamorous City of Angels. Like everyone else, he grew up listening to the countless songs, and movies starring Los Angeles as their main stage.
Oliver finds work at a Japanese tea store. He blossoms out of a wallflower, and starts a thriving romance, venturing untreated territory. He often writes spontaneous poetry on night walks through the city.
He learns the Hollyweird grunge lifestyle. It's full of Rock and roll and hollow men. His recurring nightmares grow violent, sleepwalking into a blurring sense of sanity.
Shadowy monsters and demons seem to start appearing outside of his nightmares. Oliver soon befriends the elusive Prince Of Darkness. A mesmerizing warrior from the Shadow World, who is destined to guide Oliver through the ensuing chaotic darkness.
He soon falls down a dark hole into a strange crimson stained wonderland full of unsafe high-octane oddities.
Help me kickstart funds for :
- Editing, Copyright, Licensing, Proofreading
*All backers will be posted in the first print edition of the book
The Book Itself
- Paperback & Hardcover, design to be determined
- I will sign on your preference of cover or inside page
- Exclusive Ebook Kickstarter Edition
Downloadable Chapters (DLC)
- Nowadays books can be accessed anywhere, anytime. Video games can now be dusted off, and play new levels with DLC.
- Following the release of the book, over the course of six months, I will release short stories, based before, during, or after the events of The Prince Of Darkness. Written from different character's point of views, expanding the universe.
- Deep love for a culmination of horror-themed literature
- Drawn inspirations from movies like Jacob's Ladder, Ju-on and Pan's Labyrinth
- As well as games like American Mcgee's Alice, Silent Hill, and the Clock Tower series
- When reading, I tend to read lots of Haruki Murakami. If I'm mentioning something about the moon or green peas, you might catch a reference
- Personal experiences and creative outlooks
Read the unedited first fifteen chapters! (Help Me Edit!)
- It would be a pleasure if you can edit my work here before sending it off. Let's get in tune and reach a deeper level of connection with me
I've collaborated with friends, to create a unique "mp3etry" contemporary easy listening soundtrack to go along with the novel.
- Sung by fictional pop stars, bringing new life and sound to the book
- From trip-hop poetry, dreary jazz to uplifting neon pop
Watch the music video for The Prince Of Darkness Theme
Collect The Darkness
- A Prince Of Darkness Bookmark (designed to be determined)
- Signed page of the original draft printed on the typewriter
- A hardcover, inscribed with a personalized thank you note
Be apart of the book!
Name a Character!
I write/rewrite scenes with a someone named of your choice. Perhaps modeled after yourself. You provide a name (non-famous) gender, and a few attributes I'll try to include.
Draw an Illustration!
Work with me, to create an illustration for the book. I will provide referential pictures for inspiration, some chapter titles, and short excerpts. It's up to you, to use your artistry to offer fantastic pieces of imagination to the reader.
Sing on The Soundtrack!
Work with me to add vocals, featured on the Prince Of Darkness Soundtrack. I'll send you some lyrics and notes. We'll have a Skype Chat to discuss the tone and get a feel for each other.
If local we can hit the studio to record. If not possible, we can use Logic Pro to send use audio samples to create internet magic.
About the Author
I was born in Knoxville, Tennessee April 25th, 1995. I’ve lived in Michigan, Arizona, California, Texas, residing where the wind takes me.
I’ve studied Culinary Arts, and throughout high school wrote tons of video game fan-fiction. I won a poetry contest in 4th grade.
I plan to write several books. This my baby of course. It's been three years in the making, and am so honored to be able to share it with you all.
Help spread the word! Share with your local neighbors and local gas station clerks. Then anyone you usually don't start a conversation with!
All the best,
With all my love,
Risks and challenges
This is my first book. I'm sure hurdles will come along the way, I'm sure you will have the book in your hands to enjoy. I've made sure I've included shipping and production costs for the rewards in the projected outlook. I want to hook you guys up for supporting me!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)