4th Annual Conclave of Gamers - April 16 - 19, 2015
The Conclave of Gamers is an open tabletop gaming convention in northeast Denver, Colorado. Although we have scheduled games, events and tournaments, we are mostly an open gaming convention where everyone who comes is encouraged to bring some of their favorite games to share and teach. This also means, that except in rare special event cases (so rare it hasn't happened yet), there are no seat fees! See a game you want to play, jump in and play; no need to worry about buying or dealing with extra tickets.
You are welcome to ask to join any game that isn't full and start any game as long as there is an available table. All tabletop games are welcome: board games, card games, miniatures, war games, 18xx games, train games, tabletop role-playing games, etc.
We believe that gaming is a great social activity and great hobby, that many more people would enjoy if they were only introduced to it and had the chance to play some of the great games that exist. As such, we are open to all level of gamers. We can help you find a great game to play whether you are new to the hobby or a veteran. Nearly all of the games will have the rules explained before play begins, so this is a great opportunity to give gaming a try! The exceptions to that being most of the tournaments.
The event will take place over April 16th - 19th, 2015. For Conclave 2015 we will be at the same great venue as last year and will have even more available gaming time. This year we've added Thursday evening and will still continue to have around-the-clock gaming (you want to play a game at 3:00 in the morning, go for it) - that gives you around 72 hours of gaming! (Who needs sleep?) We have more than 17,000 square feet of gaming space, with a chance to secure more depending on pre-registration.
We are extremely pleased that we will again be at the DIA Crowne Plaza. That’s one of the best venues in the Denver area for conventions! It’s a beautiful facility and the location is excellent: Directly across the street and all the way up and down that street are a variety of restaurants, from fast food to chain restaurants. It has easy access to and from DIA and from I-70. The Crowne Plaza is giving our attendees an excellent room rate at only $109.00 a night (+tax) for a single/double room! To get the special room rate separate from this Kickstarter follow this link: to Crowne Plaza registration. You do not have to use that link if you have chosen the King of the Con package pledge level.
Buying now, during pre-registration saves you $8, as the price at the door will be $52 for a weekend pass. Buying during the Kickstarter, also grants you a distinct KS backer pass.
The funds raised here will go to paying all the fees required with this kind of event, buying prizes and gift certificates, buying games to put in the Conclave's game library and help with growing the event to be even bigger and better! We also have plans for more events, more prizes and more! But, all that requires getting an idea of what our attendance will be. So, the more pre-registrations and more funds raised the more we can add to Conclave 2015.
For 2015 we have already added:
- Open and scheduled board, card, miniatures and role-playing games.
- Tournaments so far: Tichu, Crokinole, Netrunner, Warhammer 40k: Conquest, Blood Bowl and our attendee's favorite: Loopin' Louie! With even more in the works!
- An official Z-Man Pandemic Survival Event.
- Official Puffing Billy tournament.
- We will once again have a dexterity games area with a selection of dexterity games always set up during library hours.
- A tabletop game auction.
- A play-test area for game designers. Here's your chance to be a play-tester! Interested game designers can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to be added to the schedule.
- We're pleased that both Rocky Mountain Savages and D&D Adventurers League are joining us this year in the RPG area!
Play-Test Designers / Publishers Coming (so far)
- Brett Sobol from Nauvoo Games
- Fred Poutre from Cloven Fruit Games
- Ian Bach
- Maher Sagrillo from Tempest Tome
- Noah Wright from Mighty Heroes Games
- Justin Schaffer from Terra Nova Games
- Jim Brown from Cheeky Dingo Games
- $44 for an additional full weekend pass
- $26 for a Conclave of Gamers 2015 t-shirt (add an additional $3 for XXL or 3XL) sizes. The shirts will be light colored with the CoG15 logo and will be delivered to the Conclave only.
Risks and challenges
Our first three years were a great success. This year, we have extended the hours of the convention and rented a great facility that is well located to serve the greater Denver area and those coming from out of state. Our biggest challenge this year is to fill all the new space with gamers as rental space has jumped in price.
So, we need your help! First, spread the word! We're now in a great location for out-of-towners to also attend. Second, stay at the Crowne Plaza if you can, and buy food from the hotel, that really helps with negotiations for the next event.
We're dedicated to growing and expanding this convention to what ever level the gaming community and the Denver area can support. Therefore we're in the middle of growing pains this year as we try to expand, and our main challenge is just getting the word out. The Conclave is a convention dedicated to the gamers, so we want to hear what it is you want in a convention. Help us build the convention you have always wanted!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (48 days)