If you didn't bother watching that painfully low-quality video, here is a much cleaner explanation of what I am doing:
WHAT I HAVE:
- several hundreds of drawings stuffed in folders throughout my home.
- a vision of a compilation of the most interesting in the lot - in, say, a book.
- a printer that eats paper and vomits ink...on a good day.
- a scanner that would be great for archiving documents if it were 1999.
WHAT I NEED:
I did research for all of the following cost estimates, though suggestions of excellent alternatives at similar or lower prices are quite welcome.
- a legitimate large-format scanner - $650 - $800.
- a high-quality printer without a mind of its own: $600 - $750.
- ink for said printer, otherwise it is pretty useless - $25 per cartridge.
- archival art paper - $50 for a pack of 25 sheets. I will use over 100.
The reason my fundraising goal is such an exact amount is because I literally calculated the max cost of all of these things, plus tax, and I am asking for no more than that.
So rest assured, you're not going to be funding an extravagant trip to Fiji. This is legit.
- (30 days)