My name is Seth Cloud, and I am the operator of a channel named LonelyMan BGs, where I create high quality videos on how to play board games.
I am looking to create a high quality 15 video series on how to play War of the Ring, a Lord of the Rings themed game where players take control of either the Free People or the Shadow to battle for Middle Earth.
War of the Rings is a massive game, and it has a massive rulebook to go along with it, coming in at nearly 50 pages. I would love to have the chance to break it down in a highly instructional series on my YouTube Channel, LonelyMan BGs.
So why should you back for a meager few dollars in order to hit chump change of $500?
Teach Your Friends
- Trust me, I know you don't want to teach your friends this massive game. It's 50 pages of rules, and they'll probably skip over some of it. Instead, let me teach them. Once this series is completed, you can send them the link to my YouTube playlist, and they'll be well on their way to spending hours and hours playing War of the Ring with you.
- Heck, maybe even my dad will watch them so we can play.
High Quality Video
- I strive to create the highest quality board game videos that I can, and in order to do so, I try to represent the game in the best resolution possible.
Motion Graphics & Animations
- Throughout the videos, small animations will light up areas on the map, cards will pop up on screen, and the ring-bearers will vanish and pop again in other areas. This is done in order to best demonstrate how to play the game.
Professional Voice Over
- You will have my voice to guide you along the way, as I explain each rule in the game.
War of the Ring | Game Overview
Part I | The Map
- In this video, we'll be going over all the details of the map and board. How players interact with terrains and what towns, cities and strongholds will be dealt with.
Part II | Setup
- In this video, we'll be setting up the game, as well as going over each component on the board, with a brief description of what their purpose is.
Part III | Turn Summary
- In this video, we will go over the basics of what a turn will look like, taking an in-depth look at each phase of the turn.
Part IV | Action Dice
- In this video, we will look at action dice and how they are used. We will look at each action that a player can take with said die result.
Part V | The Elven Rings
- In this video, we will take a look at the Elven rings, and see what their purpose is and how players may use them to their advantage.
Part VI | Event Cards
- In this video, we'll look at event cards, which represent both fortunate and unfortunate occurrences throughout the game. We'll also look at how they can be used during combat.
Part VII | Characters
- In this video, we'll look at how the free people characters as well as the shadow characters move and interact on the board.
Part VIII | Armies, Recruitment, & Movement
- In this video, we'll go through how armies are composed, their limits, how troops are recruited, how armies move and their restrictions.
Part IX | Battles
- In this video, we will see how armies attack with one another during battle. We will also at how leadership effects battle outcomes, as well as other modifiers.
Part X | Fortifications, Cities, Strongholds, & Sieges
- In this video, we'll be taking a look at the varying locations on the board and how they are captured and defended from your foes.
Part XI | Middle-Earth Political Tracks
- In this video, we will take a look at the politics in War of the Ring. The political track is an important feature in what units may battle the armies of Sauron.
Part XII | The Fellowship of the Ring
- In this video, we will look at the two ring-bearers, Sam and Frodo, as well as the rest of the Fellowship. This video will go in-depth into character cards, corruption points, the fellowship track and more.
Part XIII | The Hunt for the Ring
- In this video, we will take a look at the searching eye of Sauron, and how the Shadow player will hunt down the fellowship.
Part XIV | Mordor & Mount Doom
- In this video, we take up the final portion of our journey. We go to the harsh and craggy lands of Mordor and Mount Doom, and look at the Mordor Track.
Part XV | Victory Conditions
- In this final video, we look at the different victory conditions for each player. Ring-based victory conditions and military victory conditions exist for both sides.
Risks and challenges
There are no risks or challenges. If this is funded, I will create a series of how to play videos for War of the Ring. These will be slated to release throughout April 2019, and may go into May 2019.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)