About this project
Played electric guitars for a while? Noticed how your choice of instrument is limited by big companies whose product remains unchanged for 50 years... Me too! Enter IG Guitars,awesome sound, better style, YOUR personality!
1. AWESOME SOUND: We use high quality industry standard pickups with great engineering layout to optimize our sound quality. Have a listen yourself on the tracks below which have been recorded on your IG guitar. The IG comes with money back guarantee (T&C apply), because we recognize you are the judge of this! We know you'll love it!
2. Unique Design: The Design is inspired by my favorite sunglasses. 3 years ago, I asked the question - 'How is this guitar going to be unique'. Amongst many others, I did a sketch of my favorite sunglasses in the shape of a guitar, and that was it!
3. Personalize it. You'll never get bored. Just pop off a magnetic backing (held on by magnets), and put in your own graphics. Use a magazine cutout, print a picture, be an artist and create your own in 5 minutes.
4. The Balance Bar. Dropping Head-stock? On a lot of expensive yet badly designed guitars, the head-stock drops when you let go of the neck. To solve this, I designed the patent pending balance bar. It gives perfect weight distribution in both sitting and standing positions. It also gives you great access to the upper frets.
5. Handy home for your Pick's! Simple and neat, you won't loose them again....
6. Super Quick String Change - We all hate breaking strings, especially on stage with everyone looking. The time it takes is frustrating. Our 'Quick-Lock' tuners take that away. In 30 seconds, your done!
7. Secure Strap - We've all been there when the strap unexpectedly falls off the guitar. It can lead to excessive damage and an embarrassing situation. The gripping strap button and the strap lock on the balance bar make sure your guitar is SECURE!
8. Precision Engineered -Every inch of this guitar has been prototyped and tested over and over. Every curve, the overall shape and the whole concept was modeled and experimented over a 3 year period. We produced what I believe is a beautiful, functional design that will never grow old.
Risks and challenges
My biggest concern is production and shipping delays. The good news is that we are ready to push the button on a really solid production plan. The prototypes shown in the video have been made in the actual production facility. We have made detailed drawings of every part of the guitar to allow no room for error. Assuming we get funded on 1 April, the production schedule is shown below for 150 guitars.
1 April: Funded
2-8 April: Order Confirmed
9 April: Production Begins
9 May: Quality control and inspection of every instrument done personally by Rob O'Reilly
16 May : Dispatch
16 June: arrival in Chico California Warehouse
1 July: arrival to your door... ENJOY!
Support this project
- (29 days)