About this project
Thank you for your amazing support…
We did it! It has been a rollercoaster 35 days. In the end, we finally have the crucial funds to begin filming and production. All thanks to your generous support!
STAY WITH US!
You can reach us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kickstarter campaign has ended, but our journey has just begun! It will be a long road ahead, and every last bit of support will make a difference. We Are Many is going to be a big undertaking, with multi-national filming in Asia, Africa, Europe and the USA, and will require a great deal of archive footage. The funds we raised in this Kickstarter campaign will cover just slightly over the minimum budget to begin filming. We wholeheartedly welcome any further support from you. These include extra funding and your stories of the day.
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: http://www.wearemany.tv/
There are many ways you can continue help us through our website:
- DONATE - PayPal or if in the US via Film Forum, & it'stax deductible!
- JOIN THE COMMUNITY
- TELL US YOUR STORY
1. If you missed the Kickstarter campaign, and still wish to make a donation to the making of We Are Many, please consider donating via PayPal at the website: http://www.wearemany.tv/. You can also donate direct to Film Forum, our 501 c3 Fiscal Sponsor in the US, and all of your donation will be 100% tax deductible.
2. We have big plans for the WEBSITE for this project.
- We plan to grow it into a COMMUNITY of EVERYONE who MARCHED that day. Estimates range between 15-30 million people that took part on 15 February 2003. Yes, we want everyone of them who can, to come and join this unique community. They can use the site as a way to connect with others, and to open up ways to take collective action, discuss ideas and make their voices heard.
- We are building this site into a permanent ARCHIVE of stories, pictures, videos, audio, songs and art inspired by 15 February 2003.
3. Your STORIES and experiences of 15 February 2003 are really important to us, and we'd love you to write them on the film's website: http://www.wearemany.tv/. Please do visit, sign up and tell us about your experience. We would like the site to be a MONUMENT to a historic day.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We will in turn:
- give updates about our progress.
- make available a selection of highlights, teasers and behind-the-scene videos, and share some of the amazing stories we have gathered.
- make a documentary that we hope will make us all proud and record an important day for posterity.
We are extremely grateful to all the support we have received so far. Without you, this important project would not have been able to proceed further. With your continued support, we can go on and finish the film. We are very excited and happy to have you alongside us in this journey. It is going to be worthwhile!
It's Not Over Yet - Continue to Support The Film!
Our dream is to make a great film, but also for We Are Many to be an oral history, and a kind of archive of the peace movement, a monument to people power. This $70K is just enough to get us started on shooting the movie. We CAN and we HAVE TO exceed our first goal. Every dollar above $70K is as needed and appreciated - it will help us get more of your stories filmed, help us include more locations, carry out research in a shorter time frame. The more money pledged, the better the movie will be.
Please join us in making the final push. We are extremely grateful for any big donations, but we also value and appreciate every contribution. Every dollar pledged will make a difference to this project, no matter how seemingly small. It will be an amazing journey to make We Are Many, and we wholeheartedly welcome everyone to accompany us.
We brought this project on Kickstarter to bring it direct to you, the people! This is a film about a global movement driven by a growing community of a very diverse range of people around the planet, Occupy being the latest chapter. As such it will only get made with the support of the same community. A film about US who are many and can make a difference.
We Are Many is a documentary about the never-before-told story of the biggest protest in history, on 15 February 2003, and its legacy, through the Arab Spring to the Occupy Movement. The day that saw an estimated 30 million people in over 700 cities around the world, gave birth to a new global social movement.
What we are witnessing around the world today with the 99% in America, the Indignados in Spain, UK Uncut, the Arab Spring, is directly linked to what took place on February 15 2003. From Wall Street to Wisconsin, from Madrid to Athens, and all across the Middle East, people are rising up to make their voices heard. This is a story of anger, passion and remarkable people striving for justice and democracy. It's a story of huge change happening in our time.
We will bring you the real story, the people's story, including interviews with those whose protest experiences catapulted them into founding 'people powered' campaigning movements. Most of the people who helped create the biggest human gathering ever seen in one day are unknown ordinary people reaching for the extraordinary.
We will demonstrate the remarkable links between the 2003 protests and the Arab Spring, as well as with the occupation of cities across Europe, and now in America too. The Occupy Movement in America and rest of the world is the latest chapter of one of the great untold stories of people power. Our cameras are there to capture the historic moments.
Join us and be a part of it!
WHO'S BACKING US?
- Ken Loach - World-renowned film director is a Patron of the project
- Danny Glover - Actor and activist is a Patron of the project
- Brian Eno
- Jesse Jackson
- Richard O'Brien - Writer of the Rocky Horror Show
- Medea Benjamin - Code Pink
- Mark Rylance - British Actor
- Lindsay German - Stop The War Coalition
- Tariq Ali
- Ricken Patel - Co-founder of Avaaz
- Leslie Cagan - United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ)
- Harry Belafonte
- Noam Chomsky
- Tim Robbins - Actor
- Arundhati Roy - Author
- Oliver Stone - Oscar-winning Film Director, Producer and Screenwriter
"The global protest against the Iraq War on 15 February 2003 was a pivotal moment in recent history, the consequences of which have gone unreported. Amir Amirani's We Are Many chronicles the struggle to shift power from the old establishment to the new superpower that is global public opinion, through the prism of one historic day. I urge you to support this film in whatever way you can." Oliver Stone
- War on Want
- Stop The War Coalition
- Code Pink
- Global Exchange
- 38 Degrees
- The Tipping Point Film Fund
- Puma Awards
- TED Fellowship Team
- Sundance/BritDoc Good Pitch
- Film Forum
- Joseph Clark Charitable Trust
Here is one of our backers, Mark Rylance, talking about supporting We Are Many the documentary.
Monty Python star Terry Jones urges support for We Are Many.
Producer-Director Amir Amirani has gathered a stellar team to make this film happen.
- Rachel Portman - Academy Award winning composer
- Immy Humes - Academy Award nominated US Producer
- Taghi Amirani - Executive Producer and TED Senior Fellow
- Laura Hastings-Smith - Producer 'Hunger', Cannes Camera D'Or winner
- Frances Stonor Saunders, Co-Producer
- We are also very pleased that PBS in America through Independent Lens, have expressed an interest in acquiring and broadcasting the film, and UK distributor Dogwoof have expressed an interest in distribution.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS
In the USA, we are proud that our 501 (c) 3 Fiscal Sponsor is the renowned Film Forum in NY.
All pledges made to this film are 100% tax deductible.
We have already received media attention in The Guardian, The Times, Alliance Magazine, the world's leading philanthropy publication, and in the leading European Documentary magazine Dox, writing about Pitches in Europe.
WOULD LIKE TO PLAY A BIGGER PART?
To discuss playing a greater part in the film, please contact us directly on:
Support this project
- (35 days)