For online business owners, a PhotoPop! box is the best way to create high-quality, on-brand images that promote and sell your product.
For online business owners, a PhotoPop! box is the best way to create high-quality, on-brand images that promote and sell your product. Read more
We believe that a great photo can, and will, change everything.
We are invested in the small business community, and passionate about helping it thrive.
We always stop for breakfast food and colorful cocktails.
"Wait, don't touch it!" We need a photo first!
We are living, breathing heart-eyed emojis.
We are PhotoPop!, and our mission is to help small businesses compete online on a large scale.
How? Through incredible images that build your brand and sell products.
For online businesses, a customer's only opportunity to interact with a product is through the images presented to them. No one will buy something they cannot see and understand. A simple, clear photo of a product may show the customer what they are purchasing, but it certainly won't have the same persuasive power as a beautifully shot, well-styled one.
As our society becomes more reliant on instant gratification, image-centric platforms like Instagram and Pinterest are quickly dominating e-commerce sales. The human brain stores images longer and with more accuracy because they elicit an emotional reaction that words cannot.
HOW DOES PHOTOPOP! SAVE TIME + MONEY + ENERGY?
We’ve gathered the experts in our Guidebook to tell you exactly how to get a drool-worthy picture then edit it to perfection. Our guidebook is your sidekick, your art director, and your stylist, ready at all hours of the day to tell you exactly what to do next.
Forget shopping. We deliver on-brand, stylish props right to your door. They are even hand-picked from other small business owners. Hooray for camaraderie!
And all those photography tools you need to set up the perfect shot? Yep, those are included in every PhotoPop! box, too.
WHAT COMES IN A PHOTOPOP! BOX?
- The PhotoPop! Guidebook, full of advice from over 40 industry professionals and successful small business owners
- A white backdrop with grommets (ideal for flat lays or hanging)
- A collapsible reflector
- Clamps (for propping backdrops, reflectors, or alternative backgrounds)
- Kneaded Eraser (for erasing small marks and setting up props)
- Tweezers (for adjusting delicate or precarious props, particularly helpful for food and accessory styling)
- 3 to 4 small props, dependent on industry and personality
- A few fun surprises!
WHERE WILL YOUR MONEY GO?
Here's the best part about donating to our campaign: the majority of the funds we raise go back into the small business community.
Our packaging printer, prop vendors and even the tailor for our backdrops are independent businesses from our home state of Arizona and around the United States.
LET'S TALK INCENTIVES!
This may be cliche, but we have to say it: any amount helps. That's why we've come up with some pretty lucrative rewards for amounts ranging from $5 to $250.
- "Thank You" Postcards: Straight from The Old Pueblo! Who doesn't want a nice desert landscape to decorate their fridge or corkboard? We may even include a corny cactus joke to steal for your next party.
- Stock Photos: A variety of high-resolution travel, portrait, nature, prop and candid photos to use however you wish! Perfect for Pinterest-ready blog headers, social media sharing, online downloads and more.
- Watercolor Paintings: Disclaimer...we are not professionally trained artists. However, we're pretty good at inspiring quotes, cacti, donuts or ice cream cones. If you choose from these, we can promise you won't want to hide them when company comes over. You're welcome to request something else, but you've been warned. :)
- PhotoPop! Boxes: The whole reason we're here! Be one of the first to receive a PhotoPop! box at a special, discounted Kickstarter price.
- Styling 101 Workshops: Want to get up close and personal with the PhotoPop! team? We'll go over the ins and outs of photo styling, and you can ask your most pressing questions!
Stretch goals are those big ideas we have in mind, but can't accomplish unless we surpass our fundraising goal. We want to provide as many outlets to help small businesses as possible, and with your help, we can!
For example, right now we have two industry options and two personality options. With more funds to buy inventory, we could expand this to include more specific niche boxes (ahem, food...craft/DIY...etc.)
We have also had a number of requests for shop or site-specific advice. With resources like an online library or personal workshops, we could expand our reach.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Hello! I'm Theresa, a self-employed copywriter and branding expert living in Tucson, Arizona. Soon after venturing into the world of small business, I realized that other entrepreneurs, artists and bloggers were struggling with a common problem: affordable, high-quality images that fit their brand and did not take hours to achieve! I came up with an idea to help small business owners elevate their online presence and, in effect, make more sales. PhotoPop! was born.
During the last six months, my team and I have spent countless hours working to bring PhotoPop! to life. Needless to say, the response from the small business community has been phenomenal! The encouragement and excitement has only motivated us to work harder. We simply cannot wait to bring this product to your doorstep and watch your businesses take off!
Risks and challenges
The only challenges we foresee are:
1. having too many orders for our vendors to produce enough product by November, therefore taking us longer than expected to fulfill box requests. We are committed to purchasing our inventory from small shops that often do not have the means to mass produce goods, so this is a potential risk.
2. delays in setting up our e-commerce and membership site. We want to ensure full functionality for our official launch and the holiday season, and will take extra time if necessary to make sure it is as close to perfect as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)