Hello! My name is Christa Gniadek - yes, that is Gniadek, pronounced gah-NYE-deck. I have been on this amazing journey with music for nine years now, and it’s brought me to this point right here: I am making a new record called “Hard Summer”.
I am making it at Herd Studio (in Roxbury, MA) with producer Charles Haynes (who’s worked with people like Ed Sheeran and Lady Gaga). Charles has brought in his whole, awesome team of musicians, like Meshell Ndegeocello, Mitch Henry, and Kyle Miles. We are so excited about this project, we have just been on a complete high over these songs.
Everything is in place and ready to go. The one thing we need now is you, which is actually really perfect because my absolute favorite thing to do - all I want to do - is share my music with people. It’s so exciting to have you all be a part of this process, for this record. Out of everything that I've created, I am the most proud of this project - and we’ve only just started.
I am just so excited to have you here with me on this project. Please share this page so we can get the word out and get more people on board with this amazing project. It’s really just going to be absolutely epic. I can’t think of another word other than epic, I’m just so excited!
So thank you, thank you so much for being a part of this - and I’ll see you guys soon.
Risks and challenges
Like all artistic endeavors, making "Hard Summer" comes with a very long To-Do list.
What your help is going towards:
- Session musicians: Great music calls for great players
- Studio time: A high-quality studio spot is essential to a good recording
- Producer fees: A great producer like Charles deserves to be paid!
- Mixing: Polishing the recordings
- Mastering: The final step in the recording process
- Distribution & Promotion: Getting the record out there and getting it heard
- Rewards: I’m really looking forward to returning the favor!
Some unavoidable issues may arise, like:
- Sickness: A musician may fall ill and we have to reschedule.
- Technical issues: A high quality studio inevitably needs help too!
- Production: Songs change for the better, but it still takes time.
- Delays: There’s a lot of moving parts and doing it right takes time.
Making a full-length record is full of challenges. In my musical career so far, I’ve released 3 full-length studio albums - I know what it takes, and I know what I’m getting into. I have never started a musical project and not seen it all the way through to completion. There are many steps to finishing a record, and this all takes time; but I want you to know that I do not make this request lightly: I will always be working at this project with full and complete dedication. My passion for my music and sharing it with you is what drives me to get to work, always.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)