The Stone Truck Project
As we reach the funding goal, several have asked - What happens if the goal is exceeded??
This has always been an effort to bring people into the project. So the more the merrier! The 2,500 raised will, after producing the rewards, pay for the materials to build this sculpture. Any additional will happily go towards funding the actual work. Yippee!
- The Site
The intention is for this sculpture to be built roadside among the maples and the tall grass in the rural setting of our small village in central Vermont. As if it had been abandoned here years ago. The site in Maple Corner is home to a vibrant arts community, neighborhood theater and dancehall, annual celebrations and tournaments, music festivals and an emerging sculpture park.
- The Concept
Random art. I am a stone sculptor and hardscape designer, and this project is an attempt to create a permanent installation that will both generate curiosity and inspire. I’ve always been drawn to the relics of past industry, and every little town in Vermont is blessed with rusty old farm trucks, abandoned and overgrown right where they came to rest. In 1974, a college art class at Cornell created a stone VW randomly place at the edge of some field. The professor believed that art should be found anywhere. I couldn’t agree more. I’ve never been to see it and may never get to. But I am really glad that it is somewhere for folks to enjoy. This project is created in the same spirit.
- The Funding
This modest Kickstarter campaign is designed to involve and invite you to be a part of a fun art project. The funds raised will mostly go to the rewards end of things, with enough left to cover the stone materials. I have budgeted the time for the labor - about a month or so. My hope is for folks nearby who want to support random art, to come on board, and art lovers from far away who want to see this be created, whether they ever wander by our little corner of the world, or simply have a photo book documentary and the satisfaction of a random art project that they have supported.
Who wants to be part of a really cool project?
- About the Rewards
This sculpture is really, mostly about getting people involved. There is a level for any supporter wishing to be a part of this project .
- $5 Supporters name on website and photo book. Undying gratitude for being part of a really cool project.
- $15 8x10 signed Color print of finished sculpture.
- $20 Above rewards plus two FREE tickets to grand unveiling cookout and cocktail party in June. Ok, truthfully, we would never charge for a party here, but won’t it be cool to get free printed tickets in the mail?
- $25 Above rewards plus 20 page signed color photobook documenting the building of this sculpture.
- $35 All previous rewards plus your name inscribed into the Granite “rear window” of the stone truck. This is HUGE. Since your name will be in granite, it will be there for…well…forever. Your great grandchildren will someday wander upon this sculpture and find your name.
- $50 All of the previous rewards plus wicked cool hat with embroidered “The Stone Truck Project” logo. Your friends will be impressed.
Let’s add things up. At the $50 backer level, you get, your name in supporter page of the website and photo book, plus an 8x10 signed photo, plus tickets to a fun party, plus a color photo book, plus your NAME in stone forever, plus this awesome hat? This is good.
- $80 All of the above with a Larger signed Hard Cover photo book.
- $200 All of the previous rewards plus the option of spending an afternoon working with me building the sculpture. Think Tom Sawyer whitewashing the fence, only with heavy rocks.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)