*Video quality is not a strength of mine which you will see in the video below. Sorry!
Instead of an "About Us" this is actually an "About Me". Not because I want all the attention, but because it is just me. My name is Eric Calisto and I am the project creator. I am currently in graduate school so I am making this game in order to keep me sane. I worked with a variety of friends in order to get this project started so our word cards are diverse. I also have experience in game manufacturing so I want to utilize that experience to bring a new product to market.
Due to the US Airways tweet we will be including the card, "Plane Porn" in each copy of Terribands.
- The game has been play-tested countless times and remains a favorite (I hope I'm not too biased on this one)
- I will always take feedback into consideration, whether it is positive or negative
- I will share my Kickstarter experience (whether it is successful or not) to help others who are interested in starting a campaign of their own
If you back my project I guarantee:
- Genuine conversation through project comments
- Consistent updates about the project status
- Value from the experience and product
- You will not only receive consistent updates, but honest updates as well
- If I get acquired by Facebook for $2 Billion you will get your money back!
SET-UP: Place the Word Cards face down, easily
accessible to all players.
Have each player place a Terriband on his/her head, adjust
Have each player draw a card and insert it into their
Terriband. Players should not look at their own card.
Give Each Player 1 Act Out Card, 1 Example Card, and 1 Draw
PLAY: Least intelligent player goes first, gameplay
then moves clockwise (that means to the player on your left. If you didn’t know that,
you should probably go first).
To take your turn, start the timer and ask the other players
questions that will help you identify what is on your head. You must ask each
player in order from left to right. You can ask as many questions as you can
until the timer runs out.
ACTION CARDS: Each player has 3 Action Cards. Each
can only be used once per player. When you are ready to use one of your Action
Cards, place the card in a discard pile and choose the player you want to
perform the action. The chosen player must Act Out, Draw, or provide an Example
of what is on the player’s head. For example, if you have “A Terrorist” on your
head, you can choose to ask “Player 3” to act out something that would help you
guess the card on your head.
ACT OUT: Act out the item on someone’s head. (EX. If the
card is, “A TERRORIST” you could act out something that a terrorist would do
through hand gestures or movements. Do not actually become a terrorist)
EXAMPLE: Provide an example of what is on someone’s head
(EX. You could say, “OSAMA BIN LADEN”)
DRAW: Draw a picture depicting what is on the player’s head
(EX. Draw a picture of OSAMA BIN LADEN)
You can ask any question to help you determine what is on
your head, as long as you are not specially asking for the answer. You can also
guess at any time during your turn.
If you guess correctly before your turn is over, take the
card and place it in front of you. Grab another card and place it on your
Terriband. If you still have time, start asking questions. Your turn is over
when the timer runs out.
You are allowed to give up guessing during your turn and
replace your card with another from the deck. However, as a penalty, you must
forfeit the remaining time for your turn.
HOW TO WIN: Be the first player to win 5 word cards
by correctly guessing the person/place/thing on your head.
*Official rules may be tweaked just a bit before release.
Terribands was inspired by a combination of past party games and shares a few similar traits:
1) A free PDF version will be available online so that anyone with a printer has the ability to play. If you choose, however, an extremely high quality, professionally produced version will be available.
2) The game is a party game featuring sometimes awkward or embarrassing words that are sure to stir up laughs.
3) The game has been peer tested and approved! Countless laughs have been had and more are ready to be shared!
Shipping is included in the pledge amount for U.S. backers. A $15 shipping charge is added to internationally backers interested in a physical copy of the game. We have estimated shipping for July of this year, as long as everything goes as planned. We currently see very little risk in getting everything out by that time, but we will be sure to keep you updated.
Feel free to message us at anytime with questions, comments, ideas, etc. We want your feedback!
Risks and challenges
1) Finding the right production run amount. We have two product companies in place right now, but we are basing this off of our estimated interest. We will have to change our production process based on demand.
2) Spreading the word is a great challenge. We will send our Kickstarter link to our friends and family to reduce the challenge of not gaining enough traction.
3) Delays. We currently see no sign of any delay whatsoever, but it is always important to consider this as a risk. We have mapped out a plan with the team who helped start the project so that we can take the right action to communicate with the backers, as well as all parties involved in the event that a delay takes place.
Backers will receive a PDF version of the game before it is available to the general public. Some of the cards included will be exclusive to only Kickstarter backers. The PDF version has 100 word cards with an additional 25 that are Kickstarter Exclusive.
A full version of the physical game + the PDF version + 52 card expansion pack + 50 custom word cards of your choice on premium card stock + a stainless steel case perfectly holding all of your Terribands components, engraved with a message of your choice! Run edition is printed as well (i.e. 1/10, 2/10...). Earliest pledge gets earliest edition.