An in-depth look at the world of post-9/11 veterans, their struggles, and the brave new world they've come home to.
What is it about?
This will be an unapologetic, fast-pased, entertaining, non-partisan, and fact based look at the last decade plus of war. This full-length feature film will explore topics including:
- Veteran Suicide Rates - Why are they so high? What is being done to save veteran's lives? What more can be done?
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - What is it? What causes it? How can it be treated?
- Veteran's Benefits Backlog - Why is there a backlog? What is being done to speed up the benefit process? How does the delay in benefits hurt veterans?
- Disillusionment - Why do so many returning veterans turn against the wars they fought in? How does the war change soldiers?
- Veteran Homelessness - Why is there such a high rate of veteran homelessness? What can be done about this problem? What is being done?
The film will include a fresh look at the events that led this generation of veterans to war, and their experiences overseas.
It will blend the raw images of war with personal stories of exceptional post-9/11 veterans.
This project will rely heavily on the volunteer efforts of veterans and their communities. The pledge goal will take the project through rough editing of the film. However, some expenses will be incurred for which Kickstarter funds are needed. The money pledged will be used for:
- Promotional Material
- Website Fees
- Special Equipment Rentals (Multiple Cameras, etc.)
- Kickstarter Rewards
Any funds raised above and beyond the goal will be used for:
- Media Rights (Music, Pictures, and Graphics not in the public domain)
- Post-production Editing
- Professional Press Releases
- Professional Research Assistance
Call to Soldiers and Family
If you are a post-9/11 veteran or family member who has a story to tell that you believe will help this film, please speak up. We are particularly looking for individuals who have historical footage that will help tell their story.
Risks and challenges
As with any film endeavor, this one has its challenges. The tight production schedule is going to rely on volunteers pitching in and veterans and family members stepping up to tell their stories. A wide net has been cast for both volunteers and material that has already netted some fantastic finds. We will continue to work with veteran organizations and others to get the word out.
You can help by spreading the word via Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media outlet. For convenience, thwarathome.org has been created as a shortcut to this page.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)