About this project
For those who did not make kickstarter launch come to millyanmax[dot]com to see my latest projects and get an M3k pen for yourself!!!!!
Unlike any other machined pen!
There have been a lot of pens lately on Kickstarter, and for good reason. It is a chance to get rewarded with a unique quality machined pen for a donation that is a fraction of other commercial pens.
You will notice right away that the M3K pen is unlike any other.
Update: A truly solid machined case!
For those backers who want a case to match the quality of your pen, I am now offering a case machined from 6061. For those, who have pledged for a pen then just add $25 to your existing pledge. If you want a case only, then select the $40 case only reward. See update 6 for details!
Now backers can choose to mix and match:
Backers have a choice between clear, black, blue, red, green and violet. Now they have a choice to choose individual colors for each of the three main pen parts: Back, Front and Cap.
M3K Pen Unique Features:
- Update: Now there is an optional lanyard slot!
- CNC machined from solid 6061 Aluminum.
- Custom thread design for the cap that acts as a comfortable grip as well.
- Double threaded to allow the cap to be put on with only 2 turns. (With practice, it can be put on with just a snap of the fingers!)
- Unique cap design allows viewing of the killer threads even when the cap is on.
- Double threaded back end for putting the cap on the back when writing
- An optional MACHINED spring is available. Machined springs are not common. And to my knowledge, there has never been one used in a pen. Machined springs are far more predictable, reliable and add another level of quality. See update 8 video for more details.
- Pen is designed around the impressive Pilot Hi-Tec-C refill!
- Pens will be 100% made in the USA by my fledgling company.
- Designed fully in 3D including the threads.
- Length: 5.32 inches (135.1 mm)
- Body diameter: 0.44 inches (11.2 mm)
- Cap diameter: 0.49 inches (12.4 mm)
- Grip diameter: 0.38 inches (9.7 mm)
- Refill: Pilot Hi-Tec-C
- Material: Aluminum 6061-T6511
- Length: 7.0 inches (179 mm)
- Width: 2.2 inches (56 mm)
- Height: 0.8 inches (20 mm)
- Max interior length: 6.50 inches (165.1 mm)
- Max interior width: 1.35 inches (34.3 mm)
- Max interior height: 0.66 inches (16.6 mm)
A pen is something you use every day. So why not have a good quality pen that you can be proud of as well as being a part of helping make a new business happen? Help me buy tooling and finishing equipment to bring the price down to a level where more people can afford this pen.
THANKS for your help!
Yes there is a recess in the end of the inside of the cap. It is precision machined to allow only a few thousands of inch ( ~0.1mm) gap. This alone has worked well in my prototypes, even on airplanes with reduced cabin pressure. But just to make double sure, the recess in the end of the cap will have a silicon receptacle.
Besides being just plain cool, the spring provides 2 functions:
- Helps the writer not to apply too much pressure, especially with the finer tips like .3mm. If a person is not used to writing with a fine tip, it is all too easy to apply too much pressure. The result is more of an exercise in scratching the paper! Not very pleasant feeling.
-It all about how it feels when writing! Providing a little "give" helps make the writing experience, a more enjoyable one for many.
Support this project
- (45 days)