Andrew Bawidamann’s pinups (http://www.bawidamann.com) evoke the style of old school bomber nose art. You have seen them on shirts all over the gaming conventions, and we’ve loved them for years. We finally got to meet him in person and set a plan in motion.
Andrew has been approached to do miniatures by well known companies before, but nothing ever came of it. He is very excited to see this project realized. Andrew supplied us with his original art for this project and has agreed to hand sign limited editions fine art prints as incentives for this project’s backers. Lately he has been working on even more designs and has been highlighted in a documentary on independent artists that is currently in production. Keep an eye out for "Making It".
Now we’re finally getting a chance to make it happen, we're hoping you could lend us some help. Working with Andrew’s art paired with talented 3D artists and 3D printing technology, we are getting closer to to bring Andrew's work into the 3D world.
Keep scrolling down to the "Miniatures" section to see sample pictures of the sculpts
How to pledge:
- Choose your pledge level
- Add the total amount from the optional add-ons you wish to purchase to your pledge (You must choose a pledge before you can purchase add-ons)
- Add shipping cost (Shipping to the US is free)
- Enjoy the free bonuses as they unlock (Free bonuses are available to select pledge levels only)
Below is the stretch goals map intended to show the list of achieved goals, unlocked models, and stretch goal bonuses (marked with a checkmark icon), and those that need to be unlocked (marked with a padlock icon). We will update this map every time we achieve a goal.
These miniatures will be available as they are unlocked.
To order additional miniatures and/or tabletop photo backgrounds, choose a pledge level and simply add the total amount to your pledge. You can specify your selection in the pledge survey after this campaign is funded and completed.
List of Add-Ons with Kickstarter project special price:
- Deadly Dozen 54mm: $32 each (MSRP: $35 - $40)
- Deadly Dozen 32mm: $17 each (MSRP: $20)
- Fabulous Four 54mm: $55 each (MSRP: $60 - $65)
- Mini Pack (6 x 32mm) : $85 (MSRP: $120)
- Tiger Madchen 1/20 Scale Bust: $10 ea
- Hangar 18 Backgrounds Size A3/Tabloid: $12.50 each - Buy 6 prints for $65 (MSRP: $15 ea. / $75 set of 6)
- Hangar 18 Backgrounds Size A2: $22.50 each - Buy 6 prints for $115 (MSRP: $25 ea. / $125 set of 6)
- Canvas Giclee Print of one of Andrew's Fabulous Girls, signed by the artist himself: $150 each (MSRP: $250) - US backers: canvas will be stretched on stretcher bars, gallery wrapped, and ready to hang. International backers: canvas will be sent unmounted and rolled.
- Mouse Pads: $8.00 each (MSRP: $10)
ALL of the art will be available, either as Giclee Canvas Prints or Mouse Pads. You'll get a chance to choose when the surveys go out. All mouse pads will be in horizontal format with some added background color. Canvases will be oriented as shown below.
- Shipping in the United States is FREE.
- Shipping to Canada and Mexico is $15.
Shipping in the UK and EU is $15.
We have partnered up with Hasslefree Miniatures in the UK to ship the package for our backers in the UK and EU. This will save you the import tax.
- Shipping anywhere else in the world is $25.
We chose the 54mm (1:32 scale) so that we can transfer all the intricate details from the original drawings into the sculpt.
Due to the level of details, not all models will be made to smaller scale. However, we have decided to produce these six models in 32mm size.
All models are printed with high profile 3D printer used by jewelers and then cast in high quality grey resin. Resin casting brings superb details and also easy to work with - making it the most preferred material for serious figure modelers and painters.
Some examples of the sculpt:
Kirk Troy, Liliana Troy, and Torin Reed are long time miniature enthusiasts and avid modelers. It has been our dream to do a line of high quality miniatures based on the Bawidamann Pinups.
Kirk went to school for Media Arts and Animation where he learned 3D sculpting, 3D printing and resin casting. Liliana is an award winning painter who has won two Slayer awards from US Games Days, and many other prestigious painting competition. Torin has been in printing business for over 16 years and has been taking numerous 3D sculpting and 3D printing workshops that gives us access to high profile 3D printers that can produce high quality mold masters that accurately replicate the sculpt.
If you were wondering where we are, below is our progress so far. We list which models that are currently being sculpted, and the ones that are completed, 3D printed, and cast for mold master.
Risks and challenges
We all know that every project comes with risk. While all of our masters and models are produced in the US, there is always possibility of circumstances that are beyond our control. Fire, flood, tornadoes, or machinery malfunctions, for example, could delay our sculptor's progress or our caster's production.
There will be some post production quality control that may require recasting some parts should we find any damage in casting or breakage during shipment. This extra step could potentially delay the delivery. However, it's a necessary step to ensure that all our backers receive the highest quality product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)