“Clique” is a dual story told through the perspectives of the young teenage girl and the avatar character within the game.
“Clique” is a dual story told through the perspectives of the young teenage girl and the avatar character within the game. Read more
About this project
"Clique" is a top-down action adventure game and also a first person adventure game. “Clique” is a dual story told through the perspectives of the young teenage girl and the avatar character within the game she is playing. Players will explore environments, solve puzzles, and defeat enemies to build trust with the world's unwelcoming characters. We hope to give the player a connection of relatability and a better insight into African American culture.
Clique is a game that will provide you with a unique emotional experience. By incorporating the dual story of Zhora, a teenage girl gamer, and the avatar in the game she plays, we hope to create a player-character connection that will provide a unique insight into African American culture.
Winning over the trust of NPC’s to further progress in the game
- Some characters are not that welcoming in this world but players will have to win them over to help complete tasks and overcome challenges.
- RPG battle System
- The game will have a traditional turn based battle system that incorporate special conditions to make battles more impactful
- Players will encounter this battle system during the boss fights of the game
Interacting with the environment
- You as the player within the world “Clique” will be able to interact with NPC’s, pickups, doors, and the Bosses within the game
- You will also be able to control the young teenage girl within the real world segments of the game, with the ability to interact with certain objects in the real world
- Completing puzzles in the game will help you gain trust with NPC's
- Completing minigames will unlock doors and passageways throughout the game
- Each boss fight in the game will be a intense and puzzling event that will reference classic games of the past.
- Bosses represent the personification of the world you're in
- Defeating these bosses will allow you to absorb their power to unlock the portal to the next world
- Boss fights will be in the form of a traditional turn based battle system
- Each world has its own sword representing a different emotion. After the player defeats the boss the sword takes the strong emotion from him/her to power the portal to the next world.
Music for Clique will serve as a foundation for the emotional atmosphere of each world. We want to create a unique sound that isn’t heard in most games todays: Orchestral Urban Hip-Hop.
We plan to release on WIN/MAC/LINUX (DRM-Free and Steam). We also plan to pursue the PS4, PS Vita & XBOX ONE
We have already invested much of our own time and money into Clique. Although we have been looking for funding, we’ve been denied at every turn, often hearing that we should focus on a “different type” of character or story.
As a result, we’ve decided to self-publish and turn to the community for support.
We believe this game will be great, and the funds raised will go directly towards the game’s development and the Michigan-based developers that we add to our team.
If we are fortunate enough to raise funds above our target, we will use our resources to add more art, effects, and music into Clique.
If the team at Dead Art Games made it to our base goal we would be able to pay our Artist, Sound Designer, and Level Designer to finish the game. We would also be to pay our community manager for future endeavors. The Dead Arts team would also be able to get better equipment to further advance our project, and better programs and plugins so that Clique can be a better polished product.
Goal : $35,000 : Game would be funded if we hit this Goal!
Stretch Goal 1 : $45,000 : More art, and add texture artist to the project.
Stretch Goal 2 : $60,000 : Add an additional programmer to the project.
Stretch Goal 3 : $75,000 : Add more mini games, characters, and outfits.
Stretch Goal 4 : $95,000 : Add additional music, voice overs and sound fx to the game. As well as have Detroit rappers add vocals to more tracks.
Stretch Goal 5 : $110,000 : Add additional high quality 2d animations to the game.
Reward Key [Click Here]
Who Are We
We are a small team based in Detroit, MI focused on making diverse and meaningful games. Being African American game developers we want to bring some of our culture to games for players to experience.
Neil Jones is the founder and Lead Artist of Dead Art Games. Neil has over 10 years of experience in game and app development working on projects with Chrysler, USC games, and CoherentRx.
Daniel Wilkins is a Sound Designer and Coder that loves making games and apps. Working on music for projects across all media, Daniel now works on games as a Level/Sound designer.
DeAndre Hall is Dead Arts Community Manager based in Detroit. DeAndre has years of experience dealing with gamer communities and management of teams and events.
Risks and challenges
Making a game is incredibly difficult, and there will be many technical challenges that we will face during development. The biggest risk of this project is if too many things go wrong, our development could take longer than we’ve planned.
However, we have a plan laid out in case too many problems arise, which lowers the scope of the game. All of us have experience working around major problems and are confident that we can handles any issues that come up.
With all of Neil’s experience working with small teams and his ability to make amazing art quickly paired with our incredible team and the strong foundation Clique already has, any challenge can be overcome to finish this game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)