About this project
Ube's WiFi Connected Multi-touch Smart Light Dimmer
Ube's smart dimmer connects easily to your home WiFi router and allows you to control your lights from our smartphone app either while you are at home or away - anywhere you have a WiFi connection.
We Need Your Help
We've completed working prototypes and demonstrated them to thousands of people over the last several months. They work great!
Now, we need to move to production. We've determined that we can achieve the right price point if we commit to build a production scale of units. That's where we need your help.
It Works Just Like a Regular Dimmer - Only Better
You install the Ube Smart Dimmer just like any other dimmer. Simply remove your current switch or dimmer and wire in the Ube Smart Dimmer with just two wires. It connects easily to your WiFi router and then you can control it from your smart phone. You can easily control lights from the dimmer as well. Just slide your finger up or down on the touchpanel for raise or lower the lights. Use two fingers to control multiple lights. Or, pinch to turn on or off all the lights in your house easily from one switch.
The Amazing Ube App
We're pretty proud of the Ube WiFi connected smart dimmer. We believe it's the world's most advanced light dimmer. But as proud as we are of the dimmer, we feel the app that controls it is better. We've demonstrated the Ube app and dimmer to hundreds of influential investors, advisors and press. And time after time, it's the app that people love more. In fact, we spent more R&D dollars and time in developing the app than we did on the dimmer.
Take a look at this video and see if you agree.
You can easily control multiple lights in a room or across your whole house to create lighting scenes that fit the right mood or activity.
Never Come Home To a Dark House Again
We all like it that our garage light turns on when we open our automatic garage door. Now you can easily turn on your front porch light, hallway light and kitchen light as you arrive. Enter your home safely and securely.
What if you hear a bump in the night? One button will turn on all your lights easily and safely. Data shows that the number one deterrent to crime at night is lighting.
The Premium Multi Touch Ube Smart Dimmer
The original Ube Smart Dimmer has a capacitive multi-touch interface that works like your smart phone. The multi-touch interface allows you to use various gestures to control one, multiple or all lights from a single dimmer.
Swipe up or down on the multi touch surface to raise or lower the lights
Use two fingers to control multiple lights
Pinch close or open to turn all the lights off or on at once.
PIR sensor detects when you are close and illuminates the control surface to it's easy to see in the dark.
More to Come
If you help us achieve this goal, there are other related products that we plan to offer like our Smart Outlet and Smart Plug. You can check these out on our website here: www.myube.co
The Right Team
The Ube team has been hard at work on this dimmer for almost a year. Recently, we launched the dimmer at Demo 2012 and took top honors winning the Demo People's Choice Award and a million dollar prize.
You Can Make A Difference
The Ube Smart Dimmer is the worlds most advanced lighting dimmer and is capable of bringing big changes to the way we light our homes. But we need your help. You can be a part of making this device a success. We appreciate your support and pledge to deliver this dimmer to you and design similar groundbreaking products.
Thanks from all of us at the Ube team!
Risks and challenges
We've invested over $200,000 to get this far. But we need your help to get these products into production.
To complete this project and ship what we promise, we must:
1. Achieve our funding goal so that we can cover fixed costs associated with manufacturing these devices. At our current BOM we must receive pledges for at least 10000 units in order to bring these dimmers to you at the right price.
2. Produce hard tools for the smart dimmers.
3. Complete the production PCB design and order PCBs and components from our EMS.
4. Secure UL and FCC approval.
5. Complete the packaging design and order packaging.
6. Submit our iPhone app to Apple for certification on the app store.
7. Complete our Android app and place that on Google marketplace.
8. Complete reliability and stress testing of various loads including dimmable LED lamps, lifecycle testing: accelerated testing of On/Off, dimming events corresponding to 3-5 years of product use.
9. Finish our web interface for PC control of these devices.
10. Finish our SAAS database to offer conditional control and intelligent information feedback.
11. Test and Release API SDK for adding 3rd party devices
12. Prepare Documentation for users and 3rd party hardware developers
13. Staff online and phone support.
Each project above has it's own detailed timeline with dates and owners. We know how to manage high volume projects to meet a deadline. We know that there will be hiccups along the way. That is the nature of technical product development. But we know how to respond quickly and handle these situations and stick to our schedule.
Thanks for your support.
Team ube.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)