4X GOAL: Weather predicting by your MaxStone
If the MaxStone program collects $200,000 or more (4X goal), we will install a high accuracy MEMS barometric pressure sensor. The sensor, although expensive, will not cause extra power consumption or change the exterior of MaxStone; however, it is valuable to us because it can make your MaxStone capable of measuring real-time altitude, air pressure, and temperature. The coolest point is that, with the sensor, MaxStone can analyze the air pressure at every moment, and then send an alert to your iPhone of a coming rainstorm 2 hours in advance. In addition to a controller and safeguard, the MaxStone can also be an energy-efficient mini weather station, coming in handy when dealing with unpredictable local climates.
The function of weather forecasting is often only installed in those watches priced more than $500. It is of great benefit to cameramen and travelers: it can help you to know the weather, avoid rainstorms and snowstorms, better arrange a trip and plan for photography, and guard photography equipment. With the sensor, MaxStone will be a real weapon in your trip.
2X GOAL: API OF MAXSTONE FOR FREE
If the MaxStone program collects $100,000 (2X goal, actually, we have done!), we will open the API of MaxStone to passionate APP lovers and skillful APP companies in order to boost the functions of MaxStone by more minds.
1) Via API, APP lovers can develop such APPs as: MaxStone APP for Windows Phone, more powerful APPs for remote control to cameras (e.g. bullet time APP), an APP for remote control to Roomba and TV (via API_IR), and even an APP for analyzing shoal while fishing (via API_SENSOR).
2) Meanwhile, we will try our best to cooperate with some famous APPs. Wouldn't it be cool if the most popular pictorial social APPs supported pictures by MaxStone controlling your iPhone?
If you like MaxStone and would like to develop it, please contact us! We will offer entire API. Let’s make MaxStone more powerful together.
In the end, if you like MaxStone and its X4 goal (weather forecast), PLEASE share MaxStone with your friends through Facebook, Twitter, etc. That will help to reach the goal. Thank you! Love you all!
People really obsess with cameras' photo-quality, but much prefer the intuitive and convenient screen and the operation of iPhone.
To fill the gap, we have created the low energy consuming MaxStone. It is so small and simple that even no cable or wire is needed and one battery can last for nearly a year, which means you can take and use it at any time, any place as you wish.
MaxStone’s wireless remote control controls your cameras, it’s a good tool for time-lapse photography, and even a remote control for video. You surely like our KickStarter video; it is MaxStone that easily makes William both the director and the actor.
We are proud of MaxStone and eagerly share the magic with you. Actually it is your support that can make MaxStone max and all of our lives fantastic.
#1- 100 feet wireless Appify Shutter
- Totally wireless: no wire is needed to work.
- No more power consumption: different from the way wifi camera and hot shoe get electricity, the way of MaxStone will not increase the power consumption of the camera.
- No interfering signals: superior to traditional wireless remoter.
#2- Time-lapse photograph, Bulb and Micro-video
- Time-lapse Parameters: time interval between shutters [1 second to 24 hours], maximum number of pictures , exposure time [1 second to 99 seconds; keep one duration or change gradually].
- Off-line mode: after beginning a task of time-lapse photography, MaxStone conducts all the procedures independently, with your iPhone off-line at any time. You can check or stop the proceeding by connecting your iPhone to MaxStone.
- Long power duration: MaxStone can work for 6 to 12 months with one battery, emitting commands for more than 10 thousands times. You can use MaxStone to create works with over a long time span.
- Bulb: MaxStone offers bulb with two modes: automatically timed and hand operating.
- Remote controller for micro-video: used as a remote controller for micro-video, MaxStone can work for Canon 5D, Sony NEX, and other widely used cameras. In the near future, the APP of MaxStone will offer an application to control 4 cameras at the same time to take videos for one scene.
Here are time-lapse photos by MaxStone:
#3- Remote controller of mobile devices for taking selfies
- Press the central button of MaxSone: control the mobile device to take photo, start or stop a video recording.
- Switch between taking photo and taking video (conducting in APP)
- Switch between the two cameras on your mobile devices (e.g.: cameras in the front and back of iPhone, also conducting in APP)
- Switch between different modes of the flashbulb (conducting in APP)
- Adjust focus (conducting in APP)
#4- Partner in your tour: anti-loss device
- Alerting at any time: if the distance between your iPhone and MaxStone is long, your iPhone will tweet to remind you.
- Finding your MaxStone: the “Radar” in APP can identify the distance between your iPhone and MaxStone; press the “TWEET” in APP, you can follow the sound by MaxStone and find it.
- Finding your iPhone: press the central button of MaxStone to command your iPhone to tweet, you can find your iPhone by following the sound.
- Record the last position: If the alert by MaxStone is missed, the APP will record the last time and position of your belongings, which makes it more easily for you to find them.
Small to carry: Carried easily, MaxStone is only a little larger than a coin and has no cables, adaptors, or accessories.
Simple to use: To realize iPhone your camera by MaxStone, you only have to hang your MaxStone on a camera, launch its App, and then start. All the procedures can be completed within 5 seconds.
Standing long Battery: MaxStone contains stringent energy-saving technology. Using one CR2032 battery, it can work continuously for 6 to 12 months, launching millions of shutter commands.
Supporting multi-brand cameras: Easily via clicking in App, MaxStone can be switched to support cameras with different brands, without any ultra cables.
- Canon: 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II / 6D / 7D / 70D / 60D / 700D / 650D / 600D / 550D / 500D / 450D / 400D / 350D / 300D / 100D / EOS M ...
- Nikon: D600 / D610 / D7000 / D7100 / D90 / D80 / D3000 / D3200 / D5000 / D5100 / D5200 / D60 / D50 / D40X / D40 / D70 / D70S ...
- Sony: α900 / α700 / α580 / α560 / α550 / α500 / α450 / α390 / α290 / α330 / α230 / α55 / α33 ... NEX-7 / NEX-6 / NEX-5 ... A7 / A7R ...
- Pentax: 645D / X5 / MX1 / K 10D / K 20D / K-30 / K-50 / K-100 / K 100D / K-110D / K 200D / K-7 / K-5 II / K-5 / K-3 / K-01 / K-x / K-m / K-r / Q / Q7 / Q10 ...
- Olympus: E1 / E300 / E330 / E400 / E410 / E420 / E450 / E500 / E510 / E520 ...
- Samsung: NV70PS / NV8 / NV10 / NV11 / NV15 / NV20 / NV100HD ...
- Minolta: α-5 / 3 / 70 / 50 / 100 / DiMAGE A200 / F300 / S304 ...
- Exterior with high accuracy: We use mould base by KLM(one of the biggest four manufacturers of mold base in the world) and Tool Steel by ASSAB(Sweden) to make the main body of MaxStone, and hot runner technique to make the central ring. The idea that the mould of each component unloads separately is expensive but can ensure the high accuracy of the exterior.
- Painting and feeling: We invite tenders to realize the attractive color, fine feeling, and good wear-resisting property of MaxStone. One Korean paint supplier and another Chinese one are making great efforts for the paint of MaxStone.
- PCB board: We use Rogers ceramic boards which can offer MaxStone the best radio performance. Meanwhile, the press key by Omron is used to ensure the feeling. All the BOM components are models with a large temperature span, providing excellent reliability in both low and high temperatures for MaxStone.
- APP: The iOS APP of MaxStone has been on-line for 6 months. During this period, its new versions are updating continuously in order to offer an enjoyable experience for users and to exploit new touching functions. The Android APP is being developed, and is expected to be published at Google Play on 5th March, 2014.
Will E, Production manager and hardware engineer.
As a Production manager of Internet product for nearly 10 years, Will has created and developed several web and APP programs. In MaxStone, Will is responsible for the design of the concept of MaxStone as whole. As a hardware engineer, Will is also responsible for designing circuit board, testing BOM type, programming the chips, and testing functions.
Lia Zhang, Industrial / UI / UE designer.
Lia has been a architecture designer serving in several architectural offices. In MaxStone, she is responsible for the design of the case of MaxStone and the interface of APP. Besides, Lia has also optimized lots of users’ experiences through using MaxStone.
William Griffith, Radio Engineer.
As a radio engineer and SMT engineer, William now is working on analysis of antenna in high frequency equipment in a transnational company. In MaxStone, William is mainly responsible for testing and optimizing the antenna of MaxStone. In order to promote the electric and assembly reliability of MaxStone, William conducts testing on PCB material and optimizing welding technique.
Shawn Han, APP Engineer.
Shawn has been a APP programmer for 3 years, and now works in a high-tech company in Beijing. In MaxStone program, Shawn is responsible for programming Lia’s design. In June of 2013, Shawn lined-up the 1st edition of MaxStone APP, and has kept updating it from then on. Now, the MaxStone APP can offer developed stability and amazing serviceability for users.
Risks and challenges
From the very beginning, MaxStone has promised to apply deluxe material and develop techniques, which can match those delicate cameras and provide enjoyable user experiences. For this target, MaxStone needs not only more patience and experience but also the avoidance of the risks and uncertainty brought by those advanced materials and techniques.
Therefore, MaxStone has selected a Japanese factory located in Shenzhen with highly-praised fame, for mass production. After customizing several prototypes of MaxStone there, it is believed that the factory has mastered the production technique and possesses the capability to control productions with high-quality. MaxStone has established long-term and efficient cooperation with it to provide Buckers with sophisticated MaxStone within the due date.
Packing and transportation--
Considering those uncontrollable elements for shipping, including festivals, long distances and so on, MaxStone will engage with a professional company for packing and transporting in order to make sure that you will get a perfect product within the expected time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The Android APP is being developed, and is expected to be published at Google Play on 5th March, 2014.
Not exactly! For Canon and Nikon, it is confirmed that MaxStone can work through fitting battery trips, which have Infrared, such as MB－D11 for Nikon D7000 and K-C50-B-B for Canon. Although a battery trip is usually not included in standard accessories for a camera, it is not only affordable but also helpful in offering longer lasting power.
Sure! Actually, the first prototype of MaxStone was produced as early as July, 2013; its APP was published in APP store in June the same year. From then on, we have used MaxStone ourselves in order to improve it as much as we can. Now MaxStone is so convenient that you can enjoy using it with your iPhone, in your car, to control your camera, outside, and even to photograph the sunrise!
The battery is contained at the back of MaxStone, and can be replaced very easily after opening the rear cover.
Support this project
- (60 days)