Introducing the Slights, flexible LED, motion controlled lights that contour to the shape of your stairs and light up your path. This simple, easy to install, yet innovative product that will change your life.
The Slights use super flexible LEDs that allow them to mold to almost any staircase!
The LED light strip has an adhesive on the back that stays until removed, without damaging your walls. The design is virtually unnoticeable when not in use, yet is an immediate show-stopper when activated.
The infrared motion sensor is preset to stay on for 30 seconds (we found that to be the perfect time to ascend or descend the stairs at a casual pace) but can be changed by the user to meet your personal needs.
Slights are easy to install- simply peel off to reveal the adhesive and attach the motion sensor, light strip and 2nd motion sensor to the wall. Walk past and watch as your stairs transform!
Why you need the Slights
The stairs are the MOST dangerous place in your house, especially at night. Slights are not only geared towards the older generation- from people in their prime to small children who can barely walk, having motion controlled lights are an instant reminder to watch your step.
Here are a few statistics we found really interesting:
- There are over 1 million accidents involving stairs every year and it results in over 12,00 deaths annually. - Courtesy of Attorney W.D. Kickham
- Your home is the second most common area for fatalities -US News
- Almost 100,000 kids are treated annually for falling down the stairs -CBS News
- Most stair accidents actually occur when an object is left on the stairs, and it simply isn't seen. -CBS News
Slights serve three main purposes: As a safety precaution, a functional and easy way to go up and down the stairs at night without turning on all the lights, and as an attractive piece to make your house a little cooler and tech friendly!
Slights are also a great gift idea (wait till you see our packaging)!
The retail price for the Slights will be $50, But are only $30 on Kickstarter!
Why Do We Need Funding?
- Meet with manufacturers and come up with a finalized product
- Mass produce the Slights and be ready for future orders (this includes all the costs for the custom packing supplies)
- Have a support team and analytics behind us as we go to the big box stores with confidence
- Build a brand name so other, larger companies can't copy our idea easily
My brother and I have always been fans of Kickstarter- it's a normal ritual for us to come and browse the site and discuss the projects. When it was our turn, it was only natural for us to come here, where we know we can count on the community for support.
Feel free to contact us if you have any ideas for improvement, criticisms, or the like!
Risks and challenges
We have spent the last year getting our patent in order and developing the product.
Both of us being full-time students, we do run into some time constraints, but in the end, we made this product because we love helping people and we love the grind (we live by the "time is made, not found" motto).
We assure you that your Slights will be delivered to you in the allotted time, and if our backers want, we can have stretch goals such as color changing LEDs or something else that is feasible in our given time frame.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)