Frequently Asked Questions
We created Board Game Bowls because we we’re frustrated with the lack good options for holding our board game components while in play. Typically we just used containers from around the house, but they were either too big, badly designed for boardgames, or just plain ugly. We wanted something that was just the right size, wasn’t heavy or fragile, made it easy to draw in and out of, and something that unified well with our games.Last updated:
If you appreciate good design and dislike the mishmash of other options available for holding components then Board Game Bowls are for you. Board Game Bowls aren’t fragile, they don’t look cheap and nasty, and the curves on the sides have been designed to make it easy to get components in and out. Board Game Bowls are not for everyone, but if you appreciate sophistication rather than a ‘good enough’ solution, we have made these bowls for you.Last updated:
Plastic bowls look cheap and clash with the premium design of our board games. Glass and porcelain are nice but they are heavy and fragile. It’s difficult to just thrown them in a bag or transport them to your friends house. We chose wood because its light and durable and compliments board games nicely. At their essence board games are made from wood and so we decided in order to be part of the family Board Game Bowls would need to also be wood.Last updated:
There are many small wood bowls available online but we found they didn’t unify. We would need to buy a different designed bowl for small component verses our large component groups. Board Game Bowls have three bowls with a uniform design and perfect size for board game components. Plus Board Game Bowls come with a cool range of themes to choose from that make your bowls unique.Last updated:
Board Game Bowls are designed to work with all of your games. Keeping the look of the bowls minimal allows them to be used across lots of different genres without thematic intrusion or conflict. But feel free, once you have your own set you can paint, draw, ink, or color it as much as you would like.Last updated:
Elegant and classy, BGB’s are designed to compliment your board games
They come in three convenient sizes, perfect for holding all your component groups
Organises cluttered game tables
Allows players easily select components
Enhances gaming experience
Durable and easy to transport
Just the right size
5 themes to choose fromLast updated:
The bowls are custom made out of 100% kill dried plantation hardwood
Diameter - 70mm (2.8in)
Height - 25mm (1in)
Diameter - 85mm (3.4in)
Height - 28mm (1.1in)
Diameter - 120mm (4.8in)
Height - 30mm (1.2in)Last updated:
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when thinking about the engraving in the Make Your Own bundle.
- We can only engrave on the bottom or the inside of the bowl, so you can choose either or both of these places to get your name or logo engraved.
- The maximum size on the big bowl is approximately 55mm(2”) diameter down to about 30mm(1”) diameter on the small bowls. Once the campaign ends we will send you a PDF with circles indicating the engraving size for each of the bowls. The final layout will need to work across all the sizes, so we suggest starting with the small size and if it works for small it will work for large.
- Each bowl will need to include the Board Game Bowl logo on it somewhere
- You will need to supply your logo in a vector format, or the font you would like for your name.
- We reserve the right to make the final decision on the engraving (just to make sure it doesn’t put our brand into disrepute and those sorts of things).
- We will work with you to layout the logo but if you can do up a basic drawing to show the layout you want that would be great.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question