If I Die Young Clothing A Non Profit Organization
If I Die Young Clothing A Non Profit Organization
If I Die Young Co is more than just t shirts, we are an organization devoted to helping teens in need, and a family to those with none.
If I Die Young Co is more than just t shirts, we are an organization devoted to helping teens in need, and a family to those with none. Read more
About this project
We are here to give struggling teens a family, a new goal, and a community. Share your story with us, our community, chances are many people here can relate. Ask us for help. Its what we are here to do! We are dedicated to helping you through the tough times and coming out of it stronger, TOGETHER.
Our true goal lies behind a reminder. No matter how hard the struggle may be, whether it's to give up the needle, to flush the pills, to not take the easy way out; keep going, because you never know how much your life truly effects those around you. You never truly know how much you mean to someone. And there will never be anyone who can fill the shoes you stand in.
Too many good friends, teens with beautiful hearts, have died at such a young age, leaving others behind dealing with the anguish of missing their bright smiling faces and unique personalities. Suicide, overdose, car wrecks. Whatever the cause, they leave behind loved ones, family, friends, with a hole in their heart that can never be filled by anyone over any amount of time. The hole belongs to the person who left there, now and forever.
I met Cody in a community college class 2010 my Freshman Year. He felt had no real friends, he was severely depressed with his life, and his only family was a mother addicted to pills. He told me constantly he thought suicide was the only option out of the life he had been given. I sat next to him in class every day and eventually we had a growing friendship. I asked him to make a list for me; to take a week and REALLY HONESTLY think about the questions and his answers. We agreed he would bring it back to me at the end of the week when finals were due.
- Write down your every reason for living; your every uncompleted dream, no matter how hard it may seem to achieve. Imagine what your life would be without the pain, what's the first things you see yourself doing. It can be helpful to refer to this list when you’re feeling suicidal, as you can lose focus on the positive aspects of your life and concentrate only on the pain you’re experiencing. Your list can remind you of these positives you may have forgotten and remind you what you're working towards.
- People you can talk to when you’re feeling suicidal. Include their names and contact details, and make sure you have back ups.
- A list of things you can do that help you feel calm, comforted, and inspired. Utilize these activities when you’re feeling stagnant.
- A list of all the people you would HONESTLY affect if you were to die today. Try asking for an outside perspective on this one, someone who knows you well, and you feel comfortable with. Depression is a disgusting virus, and it feeds off our negativity; it becomes impossible to notice anyone cares at all. From experience, a friend will be able to recount twice as many names as you. Names of lives that you have truly impacted. Most likely, your friend will remember names and situations from the past you would never remember in your current state of mind; it always feels good to be reminded - that no matter how insignificant we feel, we have already permanently changed the world in our own unique way.
On his way to finals Cody was involved in a motorcycle accident and was pronounced dead at the scene. In his backpack was the list I asked him to write, which he had labeled "IF I DIE YOUNG". The only thing written underneath the title was my name....
I know Cody would have thrived in a community with fellow teens and young adults that were willing to check in with him, support him, love him.
I took a massive blow to my heart; how sad it truly is that he only thought ONE person on this overpopulated earth cared he was breathing, and how wrong he was...
There are millions hurting in same situation right this second, screaming silently for our love and support, and its not too late.
Some of the things I look forward to accomplishing through, and with your support:
We are not a suicide hotline, and we are not licensed therapists, but we are a community of like minded individuals dedicated to helping teens help themselves. Through fundraisers, speaking at local concerts and selling t-shirts we hope to continue raising money to make the following possible:
- Footing the bill to send addicts to rehab, who understand what they need, and are willing to take the first step, but do not have the means. As well as continuing to support them in every step of their journey to recovery.
- Fundraisers for the families of teens who have passed away.
- Support and finding aid for teens struggling with self injury.
- Raising awareness of the struggles of teens with depression and addiction.
- Giving teens the opportunity to positively affect the community by helping others, as well as themselves.
Right now the only way that we can sell our merchandise is online through a third party. This third party prints, packs, and ships all our merchandise. This means that we get a very small cut of the profits. The purpose of this Kickstarter is that we can print bulk of our merchandise, and pack and ship it. This ensures that the 100% of the supporters money goes toward our goals, and not the third parties.
Thank you so much for your time and support! I am excited to hear from everyone, and look forward to the changes we will make together.
Risks and challenges
Our current goal is modest in that we need enough to get us started. Of course we will reach for the stars with our hopes and dreams of raising more than “just enough”. If we surpass the basic needs we will be able to print in larger quantities and start funding projects and out reach programs sooner then later. T-shirt shipment’s might take a hit and be delayed as we allocate the funds where they will do the most good, however we will do our best to not let this happen. We know our future depends on you and we will put in our full faith best effort to not let you down.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)