Xpat in the land of OZ
Xpat in the land of OZ
Inspiring travelogue web series with stunning cinematography about a Canadian expat exploring the hidden gems of Australia
Inspiring travelogue web series with stunning cinematography about a Canadian expat exploring the hidden gems of Australia Read more
At age 34 Greg has decided to leave his longtime home, his family, his friends, and his corporate job. Follow him as he bravely ventures forth on his adventure to experience the expat life in Australia in this inspiring travelogue web series.
An Experienced Travel Film Maker
Greg is no novice when it comes to travel film making. He has been instructed by Hollywood film instructor Dov Simens as well as the globally renowned SLR Director and film-maker Phillip Bloom.
Armed with his SLR camera, Greg has created several amazing travel videos in the past and has in fact founded his own travel video production company ChicVoyageGroup. With more than 30 videos and a major project “ChicVoyage in Asia” (available on Amazon), we have proven success with delivering engaging travel films.
A Travelogue Web Series the Likes of Which the World has Never Seen
All our previous videos were created with Greg’s own equipment, and at his own costs. This time, it’s different. This time, Greg is leaving everything behind to create his greatest project yet: an in depth and fun travelogue web series the likes of which the world has never seen.
☛ Take a look at our rewards to support this project ☛[Rewards are described in more detail below]
Greg’s travelogue journey will kick off in Australia and New Zealand where he will visit four of the most livable cities in the world (as ranked by the Economist Intelligence Unit). As he journeys through Auckland, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Sydney, Greg will create a documentary filled with stunning cinematography of landscapes, and attractions. There will even be underwater action filmed while scuba diving in the great barrier reef. To obtain the most authentic Australian experience, Greg will stay with the locals using the Airbnb service throughout his whole journey. We shall present you with an insider perspective to life in these most livable waterfront cities in the world.
Value in Kickstarter Funds
With the funds raised, we can raise the production value of this travelogue and expand our resources. For example, Greg will be able to hire talented camera operators in Australia. We would also get the possibility to work with a high tech remote controlled helicopter, which can carry a small high definition go pro camera to get aerial views of any location. With enough funds, we can further showcase different experiences such as visiting the wineries in Adelaide’s Barossa Valley or surfing in Australia.
Through this project, Greg’s hopes to tell a true travel story with the amazing backdrop of Australia to inspire others to travel and explore. Greg’s dream is to establish the ChicVoyage group of travel companies as a global leader for inspiring, entertaining, and informing the world to travel through the use of technology and digital content.
Reward Descriptions ☛
- Collection of Slang - One minute video collection of Australian slang from the locals. Includes all time favorites such as G'day mate and others. Suggest your own when you order and we'll add it in for you.
- Must see itinerary and map for city of your choice (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairnes). The sample itinerary includes a multi day plan of what to do in the city, with must see attractions and hidden gems identified on an interactive map.
- Food Edition - Video collection of Local dishes, weird dishes, and wines. What dish do you want to try? We will ask the locals for the best place to try it, film it, and show you where it is. To give you an idea of what the Food Edition will be like, check out this sample video from Perennial Plate
- Animal Edition – Video featuring those memorable and unique Australian animals. Including koalas, kangaroos, and Great Barrier Reef sea life.
- Backer Passport - access of weekly blog updates. Includes short video clips, pictures tour, itinerary and maps for Australian cities. An example of what it will look like can be found here: Grand Canyon
- Canadian Expat in OZ - Cinematic travelogue adventure high definition digital download of Australian cities (Sydney, Auckland Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairnes). City tours are high definition 5-10min series that include itinerary with must-see attractions and hidden gems. Also includes a blooper reel.
Special Edition – ChicVoyage in Asia – Modern Asia Adventures (featureing Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Singapore).
- ChicVoyage executive golf umbrella. A very large umbrella perfect for a rainy day or to provide some shade on a sunny picnic.
Risks and challenges
Greg will be traveling alone in a foreign country, carrying all his belonging with him and sustaining himself on personal savings. Various problems may arise in this journey, the most detrimental to the project being camera troubles (that and if he suffers detrimental injuries during the adventure - let’s hope not).
Fortunately, Greg is an adaptable problem solver. His secondary camera shall go with him on his travels as backup. All his skills honed from the corporate world will see him through this adventure, just as it has helped him plan this incredible journey to be shared with you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)