About this project
Why Back It!
- Unique Mechanics - Bidding and Bluffing with DICE
- Stretch Goals - Stretch Goals will enhance players experience with upgraded components
- Discount for Backing - Under MSRP
- Large Versatility - 2 to 6 players
- High Replay Value - Social Experience makes it different each play
Image will change as stretch goals are unlocked and added!
In House of Borgia, you are controlling a Cardinal from behind the scenes in hopes that your Cardinal will have enough influence to win the vote to be the next Pope.
After set up is complete, a first player is chosen and play begins. All players will roll their dice behind the screen and than make bids based on actions they wish take. The actions will control influence and position of the Cardinals in the Conclave.
- Bribe - Move one of the Cardinal Mats to the very top or the very bottom of the ladder. A Cardinal has to be moved, so one at the top cannot “move” to the top.
- Poison - Remove 2 Influence Token from a Cardinal Mat(s) and place them back in the influence pile. This may be 2 tokens from one Cardinal, or 1 token from two different Cardinals.
- Judgement - Move 2 Influence Tokens between Cardinal Mats. You may move 2 cubes from one Cardinal to another or 1 cube from two different Cardinals to two other Cardinals, BUT not a combination of both. However, a Cardinal who lost Influence during an action cannot regain Influence on that same action.
- Accusation - Accuse a Cardinal of being the “Antipope.” Place the Antipope Marker on a Cardinal Mat. This Cardinal cannot gain or lose Influence. However, they may still be moved in a “Bribe.”
- Rumor - Start a rumor about a player’s motives. Place or move a Rumor card in front of another player. A player may only have one Rumor in front of them. If you place a Rumor in front of a character that already has one, return the old one to the center. A player may also never remove a Rumor in front of themselves, nor give themself a Rumor.
Play will continue in a clockwise direction until a bid is not accepted and dice are revealed. Once a die is lost by the player making the bid or the player that called the bluff, a pay out occurs.
Play will continue and the game will end when one player is out of dice.
Social Media Stretch Goal!
It is as easy as following Talon Strikes Studios on Twitter
Funding Stretch Goals
More Stretch Goals will be released as they are unlocked!
PDF of the rules Here.
Play through Video by Jason Hancock of PNCN.rocks
Full Review by Hai Kulture Here
Full Review by Moe Fantasci Here
Spoke about House of Borgia in their BGGcon Wrap up Episode listen to it here (50:30)
Check out the full podcast here
Please use one of the Social Media Badges here to show your support of our project. If you want a banner or some other type of social media artwork please do not hesitate to contact us!
All rewards for this project will be shipped from the USA.
Delivering Your Reward Responsibly
Our number one goal and responsibility is to deliver the rewards that our backers pledge for. Gamelyn Games brings years of experience to this project and has overseen all of our planning and arrangements to ensure House of Borgia will be delivered to all backers in a timely manner just like all of their previous projects. Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, just as much every pledge makes a difference, regardless of amount. Unfortunately shipping costs are something we all have to face, but that does not mean we cannot be transparent about this challenge and tackle it responsibly. The learning experiences Gamelyn Games has overcome with shipping have come to this campaign in full, and we aim to manage our (and your) risk in a responsible and professional manner.
Shipping costs are a very real factor. They can be volatile and are never trivial. Further, I do not feel that claiming to offer "Free Shipping" only to hide that very real & significant cost somewhere else is the best way of doing things and our backers deserve better. We have decided to offer affordable FLAT-RATE shipping to various regions, but at the same time offer CUSTOMS-FRIENDLY shipping available to ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD through our friends at Ship Naked to offer the best overall value we can for your pledge.
Talon Strikes Studios is a small publishing house in Surprise AZ, that is excited to bring new and interesting games to the board gaming community. Our Mission is to provide a great gaming experience and provide outstanding customer service.
Please contact us through email at TALONSTRIKESINFO@GMAIL.COM
on Twitter @talonstrikes
on Facebook facebook.com/TalonStrikes
or on send us a message through Kickstarter
You can find out more information about us at our web site Here
Game Design by Scott Almes
Illustrations by Ian Rosenthaler
Graphic Design and Video by Ben Shulman
Risks and challenges
The publication of a board game like House of Borgia is a complicated, time consuming, and expensive process. It is prone to many mistakes and that does not exclude experienced publishers.
We at Talon Strikes Studios are new to publishing, but not to the industry; and with Gamelyn Games as our publishing partner, we're proud to say that we are prepared for the task at hand and have years of experience in our corner with successful fulfillment of board game projects.
Here are the steps we are taking to prepare and reduce the likelihood of mistakes and delays:
1. We have done significant pre-production. This includes having all the art for the game completed and the graphic design completed. The production quote is in hand and ready to be initiated. All we need now is your pledges to make it happen!
2. We are proud to be working with Panda Game Manufacturing, the same manufacturer Gamelyn Games has used to create all of their previous projects. Gamelyn Games and Talon Strikes Studios both have a great relationship with their team, we are very familiar with their production requirements, timelines, payment schedules, communication methods and Chinese freight arrangements. House of Borgia will fall right in line and should be produced with minimum delays and on time.
3. Professional distribution is already in place, and we are proud to say it will be handled by Ship Naked. They have been responsible for the fulfillment of previous Gamelyn Games titles. All of which were delivered on schedule reliably and professionally. Ship Naked has proven to be communicative, punctual and customer service minded when dealing with Gamelyn Games' customers and they have extended the same level of service and expertise to Talon Strikes Studios publications as well.
Again, this isn't to say that this project is immune to the possible mishap, they can happen to anyone but we want to show that this road is familiar to all parties involved and we are confident in our ability to deliver our products to our backers and fans. Thank you for your confidence and support!
Above all, We are 100% dedicated to backer communication. We will be transparent with our process, and involve our backers as much as possible.
We will be present daily during the project to answer any questions or read any comments and we will provide regular updates and supply photos of the progress when possible.
All Gamelyn Games projects have completed fulfillment successfully. Some backers even received their games and figures early! Backers have since written in with elation about the games, the figures and the management of the projects.
Our backers make these games possible! THANK YOU for your support!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)