Switch Designs was born in Jackson Hole, WY to bring innovation to the outdoor/adventure luggage and bag space. Founded by skier and entrepreneur James Poss in 2016, Switch seeks to design and create the best luggage for your gear, for everything from international travel to weekend drives to the mountain.
Switch is launching its first product—a boot bag. Designed to get all your essential gear to your destination with flexibility, comfort, and style, we are asking for your help in funding the first production run, to be delivered Fall 2018.
Years of competitive and recreational ski travel revealed 2 major flaws in “traditional” boot bags:
- Most boot + gear bags on the market work only as a backpack or as a wheeled suitcase, making them very cumbersome to carry in alternate ways and limiting flexibility in pairing with other luggage
- These bags are bulky in all dimensions, resulting in awkward packing constraints and storage problems at home and on the go
Our boot bag solves both issues with its patent-pending transformational design, offering equal comfort both as a backpack and in its slim “tote bag” configuration.
With just one reversible buckle, you can quickly convert the bag from backpack to tote to pair with other luggage, and pack into cars or narrow spaces at home or in transit.
We believe that in almost any sport or activity, your footwear is the most important part of your gear. Our boot bag will ensure you can travel with your footwear comfortably and efficiently.
Available in Black or Coyote.
Additional features include:
- 500D USA Nylon Cordura
- Reversible buckle (engineered by Fidlock in Germany)
- Sealed zippers
- Valuables pocket
- Key hook
- Interior mesh pouches fit up to 13" laptop and/or tablet
- Grommets on boot pockets for drainage and circulation
- Bungee straps to hold jacket and other soft goods
- D-hooks provide attachment options for water bottle and more
- Loose backpack straps attach to hooks when in tote mode
- Bark-tanned Wyoming leather trim
The first 50 backers will receive a special gift including die-cut stickers and a photo of the bag, hand-numbered and signed by the founder.
Please help us launch Switch by backing our project.
Video by Jack Manzi
Photography by Peter Lobozzo
Modeled by Will Poss, Peter Lobozzo and Resi Stiegler
Risks and challenges
This product has reached the factory prototype stage, with only a few small tweaks to be made for production. There are no significant roadblocks from here on--if our goal is reached, the bags will be produced in time for next season.
Small changes may be made to the design and/or materials to improve the bag from what is shown here.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)