Linguo Land - Practice any language and meet new people
Linguo Land - Practice any language and meet new people
Play games, meet new people and practice any language in the first 3D virtual world for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and, soon, Android.
Play games, meet new people and practice any language in the first 3D virtual world for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and, soon, Android. Read more
We want to make LinguoLand the world reference 3D virtual world for people who want to practice a second language, no matter which one, with real people from any part of the world using smartphones, tablets, PC or MAC. It was inspired by the way that people currently practice language, such as talking with people in cafés and bars, places that would find in large cities. We know that many people don’t have places like that in their city where they can go and just find people to talk to or they are too shy to go into a real bar or café or such to meet with unknown people and start talking in a different language. Wow… that even sounds frightening to me.
Thanks to our technology the barrier of going into a location with many people is much easier. You can go and just listen or start writing in the chat window at the beginning. Of course, there is no need to worry about your physical appearance, in LinguoLand everybody is awesome. :-)
How do we plan to make it work?
Is it enough?
Of course, this service will be very interesting for many people but we are experts in Serious Games creation. Deborah, in Atlanta, has been designing serious games for years for very important companies and Virtway, in Spain, and working together Virtway received an award as Best International Serious Game for Companies. Our combination is awesome. With this knowledge we want to help you learn and have fun. Here are some of the ways we will do it. We will:
- Create categories and levels to measure your evolution in your language.
- Create online quests such as a “digital adventure” that will take you through the world where you will need to talk with digital avatars and other real people to win.
- Create tasks based in interactive multiplayer games thanks to our multiplayer technology and physics system already integrated.
- Offer you funny missions that will give you badges, prizes and will increase your level.
How will we make money to maintain the world working, pay salaries…? You know (the stuff business sustainability is made of)…
- We plan to give to local native users an initial free period when they will be able to earn LinguoLand money for helping others. If they do it regularly they can continue using LinguoLand for free forever.
- Language learners, who want to speak a different language with native people, will need to buy time with In App Purchase or pay a monthly subscription, $3.99.
- Everybody will have the option to buy LinguoLand money with real money.
- We will use non-intrusive ads and video ads for everybody except the ones paying a monthly subscription.
What can you buy with virtual currency? As you have seen in free games you will be able to buy:
- Cool avatars, clothing and complements.
- Funny animations.
- Virtual gifts for your friends in bars, cafés, shops…
- Your own private rooms to meet with your friends and organize parties.
- Access to online events with live music, DJs. We already have received requests from famous discos and DJs to do this and to promote their albums.
- Play online games with prizes.
COMPANIES AND LEARNING PROFESSIONALS
We know that many people don’t have enough experience to speak in a second language so we will invite companies and professionals to offer you their training services in LinguoLand. These companies will help you learn by combining a traditional approach with our incredible features. They have the opportunity to start now and utilize this amazing technology by using the $10,000 pledge.
Investing in a LinguoLand space, buildings, schools, clubs or similar “real estate”, is a huge opportunity that in time can accrue value. You can get in on the ground floor. Maybe you can sell your “real estate” in a few years time! Think Entropia! If you want your own customized extra cool building, just contact us.
SCHOOLS AND HIGHSCHOOLS
What about minors? They shouldn’t be mixed with adults.
You are totally right. We have thought about this and we want to give them access through the control of their schools and high schools. Their teachers will manage permissions and content. They will decide how to organize and structure the learning. We have created a special pledge of $10,000 for schools or for people who would like to donate a virtual 3D campus to a particular school of their choice.
WHY IS IT BETTER?
Why is LinguoLand different from other virtual worlds?
LinguoLand works on iOs and Android, not only in Windows and Mac. Now that PC sales are decreasing it offers the technology to new consumers, and potentially millions of people.
It is very easy to install and start using it. Others are crazy hard to install and to run.
Our graphics quality is similar to latest video games, even in smartphones. The rest are… well… to be kind… not so amazing.
Our core technology is designed as a video game so users will be able to play online games with incredible multiplayer performance even with physics integrated.
We expect that in Linguo Land you will always find people to have fun and practice language skills, other worlds are almost empty. Our monetization plans will help us realize this.
IT LOOKS COMPLEX. CAN WE DO IT?
We have been developing our own technology for the last few years. We have published an early stage version on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/app/viviwo-virtual-tourism-real/id506630343?mt=8 It still needs a lot of work and we have found a few small bugs but it is working. In a few weeks we will publish a new version with lots of new features. Try it!!
PARTICIPATE IN SOMETHING
BIG Now it is your moment to make it real and be proud of your participation in this great project. We need your help for the phase one.
Risks and challenges
As with any software project we could find bugs or obstacles that could delay the deadline of the project, but we will deliver new functionalities every new month based in SCRUM agile methodology so our users will enjoy the project even if not all of the features are on time.
The project is strategic for us so we will deliver. We love it and lots of users are telling us the same so... We will make it work.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)