ZAline Penskirt: Pencil skirt that unzips into an A-line
ZAline Penskirt: Pencil skirt that unzips into an A-line
Pencil skirt that unzips into an A-line? Meet ZAline: Revolutionizing female workwear with an emphasis on utility, comfort, and style.
Pencil skirt that unzips into an A-line? Meet ZAline: Revolutionizing female workwear with an emphasis on utility, comfort, and style. Read more
As the Kickstarter comes to a close...
We'd like to thank those of you who have supported us, even though the project did not reach its funding goal. We plan on restarting this project either through Kickstarter or through a pre-ordering system. We will still share updates through the updates page. Please visit us at:
Thank you so much! Lots of love.
Some of us need to wear pencil skirts daily for work, BUT pencil skirts...
- are generally more difficult to walk in than pants
- often need to be DRY CLEANED. Who has the time and money for that?
- are NOT as comfortable as sweatpants to spend the whole day in
- (the back slit/vent) may show more skin than some of us are comfortable with
Who wants to worry about being uncomfortable all day? Who wants to worry about bringing a change of clothes for an event afterwards? No one wants to be in this situation:
Luckily, the ZAline Penskirt is here to solve all those problems
Wear it as a pencil skirt (fully zipped), as a trumpet or mermaid skirt (unzipped from low to medium), or as a flared A-line skirt (unzipped all the way). The possibilities are endless.
Wear the skirt anywhere and everywhere! We guarantee that it will become a favorite in your closet.
- Biking: Can we stress this enough? BIKING. Ladies, you can now bike to work in a pencil skirt and not worry about bringing a change of clothes. This is great for staying eco-friendly and for staying in shape!
- Walking: Walking is pretty important especially while wearing heels, which causes a shorter stride. No longer do you have to take tiny steps! This is awesome! We're definitely celebrating. (Did we mention? Unzip the sides to transform your outfit if you're going somewhere afterwards, then we can REALLY celebrate)
- Travel: When you can only bring a few items, it's important that you get maximum use out of them. This skirt ensures that you'll have many ways to match your outfits and stay comfortable. We personally love multi-use items.
- Work: Wearing a not-so-comfortable pencil skirt for almost 24/7 that needs to be dry-cleaned is not ideal. Any time you need to sit down, you can unzip the sides for relief. Spill coffee on your skirt? No problem, just toss it in the wash. It's the ultimate solution for a busy woman on the go.
- College/Job Interviews: Are you a student who can't afford professional pencil skirts that are $70? This will be your entry level, go-to skirt for interviews! It's much more affordable, is comfortable, and doesn't need to be dry cleaned. It might even help you stand out and make you memorable to the interviewer, if you choose to wear the skirt unzipped (depending on what is considered acceptable in that field, of course).
- Colored Side Panels on each side of the skirt. The side panel fabric, made of 97% cotton and 3% spandex, is lightweight, breathable, and reduces bulk at the seams.
- Stretchy, Comfortable Main Fabric: The black fabric is 70% cotton, 28% polyester, and 2% spandex. The poly/cotton blend keeps the skirt fairly breathable and also less prone to wrinkling. It is extremely comfortable as it is VERY STRETCHY.
- Durable Twill Weave: Both the main and secondary fabric are made in a twill weave, identifiable by the diagonal stripes. Look at the underside of your jeans to get a better idea; that's how durable the fabric is.
- High Quality YKK zippers that can handle the stress of everyday zipping and unzipping (YKK is the world's largest zipper manufacturer)
- Invisible Zippers makes the side seem like a regular pencil skirt with a regular seam!
- Falls right above the knee (Model is 5'5" and wears a Small. Refer to size chart)
- Endless Possibilities: How to wear the skirt? It's up to you! Unzip both sides half up, unzip one side up and one side down, etc.
- MACHINE WASHABLE on cold
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Several Zipping Combinations:
Here are the front views with the corresponding side views:
(The model is 5'5" and wears a Small.)
To make it easy for you to pledge, we made these visuals! Just look for the reward tier with the same title as the image and pledge! Pledge in the same reward tier if you are ordering multiple items. Make sure to follow the formulas below. Thanks so much and we hope that you are as satisfied with the products as we are making them for you.
Why fund us now?
- You'll own the ZAline Penskirt without waiting even longer than everyone else!
- You'll save money with the Kickstarter exclusive price!
- We'll be able to make more colors and sizes!
- You'll be helping us expand with more products in the future!
- We need your help in order to meet factory minimums. As of now, this project is still in its beginning stages and can't be shared for others to enjoy yet. Your support is crucial!
*You will choose your colors and sizes at the end of the Kickstarter campaign through a survey.
Without further ado, here are the rewards:
Pencil skirts are notorious for being difficult to walk in; what would be better than a pencil skirt that could unzip to allow for more movement room?
At the time, I owned maybe one or two pencil skirts but rarely wore them because of the lack of room to move. In order to help others visualize my idea, I grabbed a few T-shirts and laid them out, positioning colored T-shirts underneath black ones to create a “prototype.”
On an iPhone drawing app, I whipped up a concept sketch: I used blue for the side panel of fabric, pink for the zipper, and black for the main body of fabric.
After finalizing the concept, I attempted to sew two prototypes. It's better to create a "prototype" in whatever way possible than to get stuck because "I don't know how to sew."
After a lot of hard work, contacting people, and many many hours, this process resulted in the skirt you now see before you! I hope that this overview gives you an idea of how this process has truly begun from the ground up.
We appreciate any pledge amount, big or small. Please also help us spread the word by sharing our page. We're still really small and hope that you can help us achieve our vision of improving people's everyday lives. We hope that we can have an ongoing relationship as creator and backer as well. :)
Special thanks to:
- YOU! for your support and for reaching the end of the page.
- My Family, for their support and encouragement
- Miranda, for her patience and willingness to teach me
- Monica Houlihan, for her friendliness, for being so accommodating, and for teaching me
- Brandon Pham, for lending his expertise and for his unending support
- Lydia Sum, for inspiring me to look more into fashion as a business
Contact us for anything at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment. Thanks again!
Risks and challenges
This is our first time going through with production. We set the delivery date in June to ensure that we'll get the skirts to you in time! Even if additional delays come up, rest assured that we won't give up.
We'll make sure to keep you updated and communicate every step of the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)