About this project
After the 1st edition of Bios:Genesis selling out within weeks of its release, Phil Eklund and Sierra Madre Games are back with its reprint, having improved the graphics design, illustrations and rulebook!
Bios: Megafauna 2 is now available as an add-on or simply pledge at the level you wish! Full details listed here on update number 7! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/684398802/bios-genesis-2nd-edition-begin-evolve-conquer/posts/1874240
- Included in the 2nd edition are the rules which allow you to play from the origins of life in Bios:Genesis, into the time of dinosaurs in Bios: MegaFauna (coming later this year) and interstellar travel in Bios:Origins (coming 2018).
- To our knowledge this form of campaign mode over 3 stand alone games is only available in one other series.
- High Frontier and Interstellar campaign modes will likely be added in 2018 if at all possible too.
- FYI: As it stands, the current (out of print) versions of Bios: MegaFauna and Bios Origins are incompatible due to rules and cards conflicts.
1st edition vs 2nd Edition
$19 conversion kit contents
The conversion kit will come with the following for 1st edition backers:
- All the new cards
- All the new placards
- The new rulebook
- 4 extra bionts
- No box
- No other plastic components (required to play the game)
- The only board game recreating current scientific evidence behind the origins of life
- Golden Geek Award nominated! - Bios:Genesis was nominated as the best solo board game in 2016 for the prestigious Golden Geek Awards!
- Updated graphics design and illustrations - All the cards and placards from the first edition have been corrected/update to contain more easily interpretable graphics design and more stunning illustrations.
- First edition sold out ! - Many people completely missed the first edition so now people have a chance to back and receive a copy of this hit game that was released last year at Essen 2016.
- Solo play - For when your friends aren't available or you just want to enjoy a board game yourself!
- Campaign mode added - Bios: MegaFauna and Bios:Origins is slated for significant reprints later this year. In preparation and streamlining the rules in the 2nd edition have been changed to reflect a campaign mode which allows you to start from the origins of life in Bios:Genesis all the way to interstellar travel in the reprint of Bios:Origins!
...and a more detailed video overview of the game by Phil for BoardGameGeek TV while at Essen Spiel 2016:
Group buys tier?
If you are not a retailer but you have a bunch of friends of family who would like to buy Bios:Genesis (and/or Pax Renaissance) please message us directly. If there is enough demand we will create a special group-buy tier.
*Note we have also unlocked a player aid at $50000!
Courtesy of the Gray Board Gamer
Phil has had many requests for Bios:Genesis to be stocked by retailers and distributors. In order to guarantee copies for your store or distribution network, please back at the $1 atom level and we will send across the retailer and distributor rates. We will need proof of your status at the company to sell at these rates.
To keep with consistency, but also use the best in the business we are using panda games to manufacture the game.
We will then ship (or airfreight) the games directly to Germany where Phil will do the shipping in house as he has a business account with Deutsche Post. If the campaign does spectacularly well we will then split shipments between US and European fulfillment centres. These centres are on stand by to accept our shipments to fulfill the games should this be the case.
Caezar (Alley Cat Games) has has a good relationship with these teams having fulfilled part of their previous campaigns and pre-orders.
- Phil Eklund - Former rocket scientist, now Publisher, Designer and Director of Sierra Madre Games. Will lead the publishing and logistics of the game. Co-running the kickstarter campaign. Full a full bio please check the contact details above!
- Caezar Al-Jassar - Former Molecular and Structural Biologist at Cambridge University and first author of several publications in high impact journals. Now a publisher and consultant at science themed board game company Alley Cat Games. Designer and publisher of academic/science cult classic: Lab Wars (and on BGG), which featured in WSJ, Vox.com, Nature News, Science Magazine. Leading the kickstarter campaign.
- Karim Chakroun - Illustrator and Graphic designer behind Bios:Genesis
- Brandon Garver - Videographer for this campaign.
Please note: this campaign will be run by the designer and publisher of Bios:Genesis (Phil Eklund, Sierra Madre Games) and Caezar Al-Jassar of Alley Cat Games and is not affiliated with the folks who ran the High Frontier campaign in any way.
Risks and challenges
We will work as hard as possible to get the game out before Messe Essen 2017.
Phil has been running his own company for years and is well aware of the challenges that face him. He has sent out 1000s of copies of games.
Also the artwork is complete with only final touches required meaning they will be sent to Panda at the end of May in time for delivery in October.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (28 days)