- Strength Monsters is an over the top action oriented comic book series about two professional wrestlers who end up on a number of adventures together both inside and outside the wrestling ring.
- In Issue number 2, "Christmas Tree Delivery", our main characters find themselves suspended from Strength Monsters, the professional wrestling league that employees them. They are forced to take up temp jobs as Christmas Tree Delivery Men, and in a short time find themselves on a crazy adventure with Santa Clause (who is also a former pro-wrestler), his Elves, and a host of villains. If you liked Lobo's Paramilitary Christmas Special from the 1990s, you will definitely like Strength Monsters in Christmas Tree Delivery.
- In Issue number 3 "Ultra-Mayhem", our characters find a flying saucer in the desert which ends up triggering a number of events that leads them to battling a giant dinosaur to prevent it from destroying a city. The book is loaded with Big Monsters battling on roof tops, Aliens, and Hot Babes. If you liked the small wrestling action figures known as "M.U.S.C.L.E." (Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere) from the 1980s, you will definitely like this comic book.
- Each of these two Strength Monsters comic books will be a 7.5" x 10" 30+ page soft cover comic book with a full color cover and black and white interior art.
- Both Comic Books are entirely written and inked by myself (Sam Kressin). Issue 2 "Christmas Tree Delivery", is penciled by Marvel Comics Veteran Mike Witherby, with a few pages penciled by Sam Kressin, and Issue 3 "Ultra-Mayhem is penciled by A.J. Fulcher also with a few pages by Sam Kressin.
- Both Comic Books are scheduled to be completed in December of 2015 and are currently close to 90% finished. The Rewards will begin shipping by the end of December and through the months of January and February.
ABOUT THE BOOK
The idea behind Strength Monsters was for it to be a fun, fast, action packed ongoing adventure comic book series. The stories in Strength Monsters are inspired by the late Billy Robinson, an old time professional wrestler, who used to tell me story after story about his crazy days working in the ring. A lot of the nuttiness you will find in Pro-Wrestling and Catch Wrestling (the style of Wrestling that pre-dates Professional Wrestling) will be found in Strength Monsters. Many of the Catch Wrestling old timers who also worked as Professional Wrestlers had really eccentric over the top personalities that provided me, as a writer, with an unending number of story ideas for a comic book series.
I published the first issue of Strength Monsters, a 30+ page comic book, in early spring of 2014 and made it available as a free digital download. You can still get today here. This book has been downloaded over one hundred times.
I started work on the next two issues, Christmas Tree Delivery, as far back as October of 2013 with Marvel Comics Veteran Mike Witherby (he penciled Silver Hawks in the 1980s and Inked Morbius, Punisher War Journal, Ghost Rider and More During the 90s). You can read a three part interview I did with Mike Witherby about his comic book career and return to comics in this project here. Due to a number of reoccurring health issues, Mike had to stop and restart work on the book a number of times over the past two years and I am proud to say that today he has finished penciling the comic. Ultra-Mayhem was put into production immediately upon completion of our inaugural issue and marks the second fully finished comic book penciled by A.J Fulcher. A local San Diegan, A.J. has improved exponentially since the last book he did, and continues to draw comics today. I have been posting updates on these two books on a regular basis and will be posting daily updates until both books are 100% finished.
The money for this project is going towards helping me complete these two books. As I've stated before, both books are 90% finished. The penciling is done on both comics, and the books are 90% inked with just a few pages left. I still need to have the books lettered and formatted for printing and I still need to have the cover to issue 3 "Ultra Mayhem" colored. Up to this point, I have been paying for the production of these two comic books entirely out of my own pocket, and both books will be finished regardless of whether or not this kickstarter is a failure or a success. However, this is why I need your help, this kickstarter will enable me to get these books done much faster and will greatly unburned my family financially as we approach the end of the year.
The Two Thousand Dollars Will Go Towards:
- 1. Paying Kickstarter Fees.
- 2. Fulfilling everyone's rewards for backing the project.
- 3. Getting the final formatting and lettering finished on both comics.
- 4. Coloring the Cover to Issue 3 Ultra-Mayhem.
Here's a Look At Some Of The Work From These Two Books
From Strength Monsters Issue 2 Christmas Tree Delivery
From Issue Number 3 Ultra-Mayhem
Risks and challenges
I fully recognize unforeseeable problems might happen. From production delays to collaborator issues, to problems with the printing press or shipping, any number of setbacks could arise and push the delivery date of this project back.
I am confident that any potential obstacles can be overcome quickly and professionally. I know the backers of this project are putting their trust in me to deliver on these comics. I will be transparent and open with everything going on during the project. I will be posting regular updates and will immediately notify backers of any setbacks or challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)