Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
Hey John, approximate shipping date is end of July, start of August. Once our team is back from China we will have a better idea, expect an update next week.
Backer #512 Please just give me an approximate ship date?
Mini update: Going to China tomorrow. We'll update properly when we're back :)
As mentioned in our FAQ you will not be able to use your own VPN provider out of the box. The functionality to use the TOR network is already there.
Hello, have you already implemented the advanced features that will let those of us who want to use different VPN providers and especially TOR network? Cheers
I can't wait to get mine, been looking forward to this for a while...I have about 3 banks I need to hack, and need this invizbox to do so.... Definitely a joke! Just getting impatient as I always do with new technology. Your products are always worth the wait though. Can't wait for the update.
Hey Usman, Paul is going to post an update in the next few days, keep an eye out for that.
Hi Invizbox team,
wanted to circle back and see if the June-end/early-July date is still looking healthy and that we can expect to get our product in that time frame? super excited and waiting anxiously....
Hey Jamie, we completely understand that people get concerned when there is a lack of communication. We've gotten our wires uncrossed and hopefully we can avoid any further frustration. Thank you for the kind words!
Thanks for the update guys, my concerns noted in earlier comments were mis-placed.
I was burned on the Armour VPN Kickstarter, the early indicator that it was a scam was the lack of communication which led to compete silence. I wrongly thought that was happening again.
The product looks great and I look forward to receiving mine soon. Keep up the great work.
Now that the update is there I'll answer the other questions:
You can change to (or from) transparent before shipping. We'll give you a heads up on the final decision date.
Waiting on the China trip was the main reason for the radio silence on the update front. We had to delay the trip twice.
VPN service in advance of delivery is something we did with the InvizBox Go because it was delayed quite a bit. It's a non-trivial amount of work to do this which would directly impact firmware so we're not planning to do it this time.
Apologies for the lack of response here. We each thought someone else was keeping an eye on the comments :(
I'm just back from a trip to China and came on to post an update when I saw them. Writing it up now!
Jamie, as Movie Kang stated, you're asking questions that have already been answered on this page. Why beat a dead horse? The company will deliver as they always do, with quality products. Key word here being quality. This make take some time to get it perfect, and, as with any business, there will be obstacles. All of this has been answered already. I hope this helps you.
Jamie this organization delivers. They already addressed issues. Updating just to say whats already been said, is a waste of time. I have the Invizbox go, and I am a lifetime subscriber. Their product is well made, and works great. The history behind this project is a winner. Waiting for them to overcome common obstacles that often occur in many projects, is just part of the process. You will love the product.
Cards on the table; I’m nervous about this projects ability to deliver a product despite having successfully delivered previously. My apprehension is down to the lack of communication recently (with the exception of the survey - which doesn’t mean the project is drawing close to the end) and unanswered questions on the comments section. The lack of information and unanswered questions on timelines etc, in my experience, means there is difficulties behind the scenes.
This is a concern as I have recently increased my pledge to a pro device with lifetime VPN, I went all in and I’m starting to regret it.
Couple of questions:
Any reason for the radio silence?
What does the current schedule have as a delivery date?
Can we get access to the VPN service in advance of delivery?
Hey InvizBox team,
are we still good for a June delivery? looking to the product anxiously :)
Hi guys, what’s the latest delivery date? I’ve updated my pledge to the pro with lifetime VPN and I’m looking forward to receiving it.
I saw there was a 2 month hardware delay on a recent update so I’m assuming June delivery?
Keep up the good work.
Will we get a chance to choose to go with the transparent option before you ship, since the imagery is not yet available?
Just curious: was the goal at 100k reached? (External antenna).
Is there any place we can email you ?
It seems that backerkit is replacing my Invizbox 2 Pro by a normal version.
Thanks a lot,
Can you at least describe what you believe it will look like (i.e. is it opaque translucent or completely translucent like glass)?
We will only have them just before the production run unfortunately (and it'll only be an option for crowdfunding backers)
Can we get a picture of what the transparent one will look like before we fill out the surveys?
Not yet, Usman. We wont have them for another while.
Are there any pictures of the transparant case?
Surveys sent out today guys :)
Have not received the survey...is there a delay??
anyone get their survey? I don't seem to have received it 2 weeks after the post that it was coming out in "the next few days"...
Can you provide a comparison chart of the final component specifications of the invizbox 2 and invizbox 2 pro?
Back on December 6th I figured the 2 month delay. Hopefully that holds.
Keep the communication going.
Hi Usman. I'll answer in the updates thread just to keep it all together as I think more backers will see it there :)
Thanks InvixBox team - was good to get an update. I posted a comment on the update - but wouldnt hurt to ask here too :)
with the current delays, how does that impact the end user deliveries? What revised dates/timelines are we looking at now? just a ballpark will be helpful.
Apologies for the delay guys. Update posted. It's been *crazy*
Hi InvizBox team,
It would really be good to get a progress update on how things are progressing and where you guys are at wrt to the delivery timelines etc...
How things are going ? Maybe you could share the github repository ? Some of us may be glad to help you improve the software ;)
Have a great week,
Roughly two months of no communication.
Is there any update as we head towards the end of Jan '18.
would be great to get some regular progress updates :)
Any updates for the new year?
@J. McKeever - The moving of the mold opening doesn't alter things thankfully as it will run in parallel with other tasks so as of now we're still on track for 2nd half of April. The factory has a whole separate building for the molds - I'll try and get you a picture when we're over there.
The PCB outsourcing does add some risk of delay until it's complete. With all that in mind, finding the right PCB partner has moved up our priority chain. We had been looking at factories in the West (specifically the UK) but that didn't work out.
Thanks for the update. With the changes in the plan do forecast any delivery revisions?
I do. April moves to June.
Just prognosticating as a PM.
@Marc - we haven't reached that level of integration with IP Vanish (yet) so it's not currently an option
Sorry if this has already been covered but I was wondering, if we already have an IP Vanish Account can this be used on the device instead of a new account being created and signed up for/paid for?
@Everyone - update coming in the next few days
@Jamie - eh....leave that one with me :)
@Jeroen - we were going to wait but you're not the first person to suggest it so we'll probably go ahead with the survey early
Is there any news on when we can expect the survey?
Hi team invisibox, I’d like to increase my pledge to include the lifetime VPN subscription. Is this still possible?
@Usman, same! I'm feeling like a kid waiting on Christmas now.
@Creator Congrats !!!
cant wait for April 2018 to get my Invizbox 2 Pro.... so very excited.
@Nathan - I love your optimism :D I'm open to suggestion!
1. For now you should assume IP Vanish only. We plan on adding that functionality later but I can't say when yet.
2. Yes indeed. We have firewall rules in place that would mean your traffic is dropped as soon as the VPN tunnel goes down
3. For portability, the InvizBox Go is probably better to be honest - you can grab one on our web site - https://invizbox.com/buy
4. Yes it can :)
5. It's not quite the same, though that functionality will also exist
6. Yes it can
I hope this helps!
Congrats on a successful campaign!
What's the €150k stretch goal?