Armpack® 2.0 - World's Best Armband
Armpack® 2.0 - World's Best Armband
Award winning compression pack. No slip. No jiggle. Machine washable. Universal pocket fits any size phone & their cases.
Award winning compression pack. No slip. No jiggle. Machine washable. Universal pocket fits any size phone & their cases. Read more
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Four years ago, losing my job saved my life. A functioning alcoholic, I was fired from a Communications career that I had been building within a Fortune 50 company.
The loss was devastating.
The day of my dismissal was the final loss, and I knew I would never drink again. With the help of my mother, trail running, and a miracle, I sobered up & changed my life. I have not had a drink to this day.
Being newly sober, I was spending more and more time running in the mountains.Over time, I became fed-up with the typical, un-washable armbands with scratchy Velcro. I also needed more storage than what typical armbands provided, and I really wanted something machine washable.
Having come from a multi-generational family of professional sewing, my mother (who also once owned a sewing company) and I developed the Armpack together. After 3 years, over a hundred different fabrics, and 30 designs later, we bring to you the ARMPACK® 2.0.
Narrower in profile, yet more stable in construction, the armpack® 2.0 has a larger phone pocket than the original armpack. It is also built with more experience, more customer feedback, and years of exhilarating adventures supporting its quality.
We've been selling our packs for years at small gift shows (some in ballet studios and parking lots), fundraisers, employee break rooms, and college campuses, but we've also been to some big marathon expos, health & sports shows, as well as really fun women's expositions.
For a full year, the Armpack has also been on sale at a local rec center with consistent sales. We were picked up by the pro shop after their Office Coordinator bought a pack at a gift show, and insisted that they carry the Armpack.
ARMBANDS vs. THE ARMPACK
The Velcro armband was not designed with ergonomics in mind. Biceps bulge and then contract during active movement. Being strapped straight across the bicep, inflexible Velcro creates space between the arm and the armband the more you move. This is why you are always readjusting your armband.
The Armpack® is secured to the wearer above and below the bicep with elastic, allowing muscles big and small to move, breathe, and expand naturally. Our all-stretch, all-fabric, design was built to comfortably support hours of active movement.
WHY GO CUSTOM?
Does you arm not fit within general Armpack sizing? Are you left handed and want a right arm design? Do you like tailored clothing? Do you need a custom pocket for your insulin pump?
- Upper and lower bicep tailoring
- Shortening of pack height
- Right arm design
- Increase or decrease size of phone pocket
- Certain medical / medical device accommodations
- Additional color options: Orange, Pink, Purple, Royal Blue
*Armpacks are only customizable for the upper arm of humans. (I have literally had someone request I build an Armpack around their dog.)
My mother and I sew most of the packs from our homes in northern Utah, but we also hire local mothers and grandmothers when the workload demands. These women are also our workforce. When I was a child, my mother was able to be at home with me and my siblings because she could make money sewing. I value that, and would like to assist local parents who need to make additional income while being at home.
AWARD WINNING YOU SAY . . .
In 2015 we were awarded $5,000 & a whole bunch of other amazing prizes from Grow Utah and their sponsors during the Concept to Company, Outdoor Recreation contest. Even as runner-up, it was one of the best moments of my life.
WHAT'S THE MONEY FOR?
Well, a lot of things actually, but there are 5 key funding needs.
1. Wholesale material. We've never once bought anything wholesale. The upfront cost is just too much. It's also hard to secure consistent sources at a retail level. Additionally, I'm rarely getting ALL the specifications I require from fabrics when I purchase them through retail channels.
2. New sewing machines. It's time to go industrial.
3. Space for machines and material. Ordering wholesale amounts of material can require some serious space for storage, but also for cutting, prepping, and manufacturing.
4. Labor. American manufacturing should pay reasonable wages, and we want to provide that. My mom and I would also like to stop sewing, (I'm building this campaign between some necessary sewing actually). Along with the production side, we need additional assistance on the business end of things.
5. Expansion. Having cash on hand makes the bank manager like us more. As an "Elite Entrepreneur" from my award win, I do have additional benefits with multiple companies. If we are to expand, we need to secure credit, and have the resources to try new things, create new products, and do more advertising.
Risks and challenges
I want to keep manufacturing in the USA. Securing sewing professionals and training them will take weeks at most. The cost of American manufacturing is more expensive, and labor is my highest expense, but it allows my customers a quality, American made product.
With a small exception, the fabrics I use can be procured from multiple suppliers around the world. Sample testing, textile manufacturing, and shipping can be time consuming. That is why I have already set-up relationships with manufacturers. I have also received, and approved the majority of material samples.
Translating the Armpack concept to a proven, tested product was the most complex and time consuming challenge. This work has already been completed, and I have customers proving 3 years later that their packs haven't shrunk or stretched, and that they still love their Armpack.
My mom and I run a small company, but professional sewing is in our blood. Having sourced our material, tested the product over years, won an award, and worked our butts off for every opportunity- we're ready!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (39 days)