PUT A RING COZY ON IT
PUT A RING COZY ON IT
Ring Cozy comfortably protects your ring while keeping it on and staying active. For Men and Women. Band and Stone.
Ring Cozy comfortably protects your ring while keeping it on and staying active. For Men and Women. Band and Stone. Read more
About this project
Hi, I'm Ana Maria. I created Ring Cozy after realizing that I was damaging my engagement ring while working out at the gym.
My ring is valuable to me in more ways than one and since I never want to be without it, I had to come up with a solution to comfortably protect it while keeping it on and staying active.
Ring Cozy has truly become an everyday accessory for me, for work or play, at home or on-the-go, and when you try it I think you'll feel the same way, too.
Here's why you should PUT A RING COZY ON IT:
- You wear a ring that you love, cherish, and honor
- You know that your ring belongs on your finger and not in a gym locker, beach bag, car glove compartment, pants pocket, or wallet
- You have experienced damage to your ring’s band or even worse, have lost it due to taking it off (so let’s not let that happen again!)
- Your active lifestyle calls for more focus and fun without sweating the small stuff. Okay, damaging or losing your ring is big stuff but Ring Cozy can help you worry less while you:
Snorkel or scuba dive
- Play sports
Work with your hands (on the job, using tools, etc)
Do household chores
Play an instrument
Ride a bicycle
...and much more
WHAT IS RING COZY?
Ring Cozy is designed to comfortably protect your ring while keeping it on and staying active.
Its neoprene material (like the kind used for wetsuits) is soft to wear and provides a cushioned layer between your ring and abrasive surfaces. Ring Cozy also helps to keep your ring on during activities that could lead to your ring slipping off ie. while surfing, playing volleyball, or even playing tennis. I heard of all of the above happening during my market testing (yikes!).
Though the design is simple, I spent a lot of time perfecting the Stone style (currently patent pending) so that it fits just right to not stress the setting, not cut circulation to the finger, and most importantly, have a clean aesthetic without compromising its function.
There are two Ring Cozy styles: Band or Stone:
The Band features a soft grip material on the inside so that it stays firmly put around your band and finger. The Band Ring Cozy comes in sizes for men and women.
The patent pending Stone style features what I like to call a “Rock Pocket”. The Rock Pocket allows for your band to be protected and for stone to be covered without added pressure to the setting and your finger. Best of all, it gives you a peek-a-boo view so that you can still enjoy your rock while protecting your ring. The Stone Ring Cozy comes in three sizes for women.
KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE: I want to make sure that you, the founding Kickstarter supporters, get a little extra cozy attention: pick your Ring Cozy colors for each 3 Pack + receive FREE SHIPPING within the USA!
Once sales start on the Ring Cozy website, 3 Packs will be pre-packed with assorted colors. So if you want all blue or two pink and one black in your 3 Pack, for example, then this is your chance!
Your Ring Cozy style(s), color(s), and size(s) will be requested after the project is funded.
GETTING RING COZY ONTO YOUR FINGER...
WHERE I’VE BEEN
- Designed and tested multiple prototypes with different neoprene thickness, finishing, and style sizes until I found the perfect combination of aesthetic, comfort, and function.
- Researched and determined the most suitable manufacturing options both in the USA and internationally. Presently Ring Cozy will be made in Asia.
- Market tested with friends, family, strangers, and independent fitness studios using the 300+ samples that I stitched together on my home sewing machine on top of my apartment’s dining room table.
- Learned a lot in the process via feedback on the product and branding (also designed by me).
- Heard many personal stories of ring damage or loss that completely validated Ring Cozy’s purpose. Not only is Ring Cozy great for protection and peace of mind but it’s for comfort, too. I met a drummer who said that wearing a Ring Cozy could allow him to keep his wedding band on while playing ...he always took it off before gigs because it bothered him but his wife did not like that one bit - ha!
WHERE I’M AT
- Working with selected manufacturers on the final production samples and colors that will be available for the first order.
- Setting up to pack and ship each Ring Cozy from Los Angeles, CA in August 2013.
WHY I NEED YOUR HELP
Manufacturers have minimum quantity orders that
a) cost a lot of money and
b) result in high quantities of product that can be challenging for a new start up (aka me)
So, I need your help in supporting Ring Cozy in order to cover the minimum costs of materials, initial set up of tooling, and supplies that include the neoprene sheets in multiple colors, cutting multiple sizes, printing, packaging, stocking fees, internal shipping, etc.
And while your money certainly counts, I also need your help to get the word out about this campaign. There are so many amazing projects out there competing for attention so if you like what you see, please don’t keep it to yourself - sharing is caring! Let your friends know, your colleagues, your family, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your wife, your husband, your blog readers, your customers, anyone and everyone! Let’s let them know that there’s a better way to stay active and keep their rings on...for work, play, and getting fit.
If we really blow the lid off of this thing we could potentially raise enough money to add fun prints and patterns to the collection much sooner than later. How awesome would that be?! I have a lot of ideas for offering unique Ring Cozy color and design styles so I can't wait to kick things off.
That being said, please join me and Ring Cozy here:
Risks and challenges
Every production process has its challenges and with this being the first run there’s a possibility that things make take longer than expected be it related to product or shipping. However, we're very confident that we’ll make our August ship date. You will of course be kept up to date with any developments that could affect your delivery.
A different kind of risk is that of releasing a new product/concept into the world as a small entrepreneur and taking the chance that a bigger player could like what they see and go to market faster than you. This is when your support in funding and spreading the word will really make a difference so that together we can establish a solid presence for Ring Cozy from the get-go.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (21 days)