Run Down #27: You just unlocked the last stretch rewards! Mystical Companions and Wildstars now joins the fray! THANK YOU ALL! This has been an amazing campaign, unearthing a mountain of game! See you at the table!
Want to Know More?
Here's a link to an episode of the Crusader Podcast that Jason did, discussing the development of the game and what sets it apart!
Here is a Q&A that Steve and Jason Did with the Hardboiled GMShoe, Dan Davenport himself, in his Random Worlds chat!
Welcome to Amazing Adventures 5E
The Fifth Edition of the world’s most famous fantasy role playing game has taken the world by storm, firmly establishing those rules as the kings of fantasy once more. Ever since it came out, people have wondered how these rules would work for a modern fantasy game. Many publishers thus far have attempted to apply it to very specific settings, but no major publisher has yet done a broad, overarching game covering any modern genre of fantasy you would like.
That’s where Troll Lord Games comes in. We’re thrilled to announce Amazing Adventures: Multi-Genre Role Playing with the Fifth Edition Rules set. At last! With these rules, you can run anything from 1930's pulp adventure to modern urban fantasy, to cyberpunk corporate raiding, to explosive, high-action space opera and beyond. Whatever your favorite genre is, Amazing Adventures can handle it, and it’s completely compatible with your existing 5e fantasy rules!
Curious for a preview? Here is is:
WHERE ARE WE WITH PLEDGES?
Recap at the $99.00 level then all of that is included in your pledge already. Here are the rewards you receive at that level (so far):
- Amazing Adventures 5e RPG (full color) (Print & Digital)
- Rings of the Red God Adventure Trilogy (Print & Digital)
- Rise of the Red God Adventure Trilogy (Print & Digital)
- Deeper Dark Adventure Trilogy (Print & Digital)
- Solar Burn (Print & Digital)
- Brotherhood of William St. John (Print & Digital)
- Ruins of Ends Meet (Print & Digital)
- AA 5E Field Journal
- AA 5E Character Sheet and Booklet (Print & Digital)
If you are in at the $60.00 level, here are the rewards you receive (so far):
- Amazing Adventures 5e RPG (full color) (Print & Digital)
- Rings of the Red God Adventure Trilogy (Digital only)
- Rise of the Red God Adventure Trilogy (Digital only)
- Deeper Dark Adventure Trilogy (Digital only)
- Brotherhood of William St. John (Digital only)
- Ruins of Ends Meet (Digital only)
- AA 5E Character Sheet and Booklet (Digital only)
What Is Amazing Adventures?
Amazing Adventures first debuted in 2010, and at the time was marketed as a role playing game for the pulp era, using the celebrated SIEGE Engine rules that power Troll Lord Games’ Castles & Crusades RPG.
Within the pages of Amazing Adventures were a complete modern rules system that was 100% compatible with C&C, not tweaking or changing the system, but expanding it to add such things as psionics as well as over a dozen new classes. It was followed up by the Amazing Adventures Companion, which expanded the system to exploit its true multi-genre roots, and by the Manual of Monsters. A number of adventure modules followed, and then, the Book of Powers presented a full supers system, taking the game to the next level once again.
Now, we’re thrilled to bring Amazing Adventures, in all its true multi-genre glory, to the Fifth Edition Fantasy rules system. Within its pages you’ll find:
- Brand new character classes, and classic classes tweaked to work with a modern rules engine, including: the spell-slinging Arcanist; the Gadgeteer or Powered (super-science or mutation-based powers); the super-sleuth Gumshoe; the divinely-blessed Hallowed; the rough-and-tumble, stealthy Hooligan; the psionic Mentalist; the dark Occultist; the down-and-dirty Pugilist; the adventuring treasure-hunter Raider; and the Socialite, who always has the perfect resources for the situation at hand
- Complete vehicle combat rules, plus statistics for a range of vehicles from standard passenger cars to modern jet fighters and even sci-fi starfighters
- Two sets of firearms rules, designed for whatever level of variety and complexity you like in your game
- A complete Fifth Edition psionics system, thoroughly tested for compatibility with the existing rules
- An included bestiary and rogues' gallery featuring foes and creatures alien, mundane, and supernatural to challenge your heroes
- New Feats, New Backgrounds, new character archetypes
- Modern tool kits and adventuring packs
- Science fiction weapons
- Cinematic unarmed combat that (at last!) allows you to slug it out and knock out opponents, without the onerous back-and-forth of dealing 1 point of damage every round.
- Inspiration points which allow you to accomplish great feats of heroics, and use your inspiration for a lot more than just gaining advantage on a roll!
- Complete rules for play and a GM’s section with guidelines for running a variety of different campaigns
- A complete game in one book—nothing else required!
Amazing Adventures 5e offers the most complete modern take on gaming of any effort so far. You’ll never need another game to run any kind of campaign you want, from four-color supers to gritty action-adventure. It’s all right here in one big tome.
Kickstarter has been very good to Troll Lord Games. It’s allowed us to bring a number of really incredible supplements and sourcebooks to market which we may never have taken the chance on otherwise. We’re hoping that people will respond to the idea of a massive multi-genre RPG for the Fifth Edition Rules, and we’re excited to bring Amazing Adventures, already a hit for the Castles & Crusades game line, to this new realm of adventure.
We’re not just looking to print this and release it. We’d love to do it in a full-color, dynamic and deluxe hardcover edition to match the high quality that Fifth Edition fans are used to seeing. For that, we need your help.
What are the Specs on the Amazing Adventures 5E Book?
Once we fund, we'll print a full color, hardcover book that comes in at 288 (estimated) pages. This book will retail for $49.99.
Who is that on the Cover?
Yes. That is Satine Phoenix, founder of Gilding Light (check them out) and follow her on twitter and facebook. She was very gracious enough to give us permission to use her likeness on the cover of Amazing Adventures 5E.
Do I Need the Fifth Edition Fantasy Books to Use This Product?
No! Amazing Adventures is a completely self-contained role playing game, presented in a single massive tome!
How Is AC Handled?
AC is imperative to combat in the 5e rules, and it is still in place. Since modern characters don’t generally wear armor, classes will have a class-based AC bonus that increases as they go up in level. In addition, different classes will add different ability score bonuses to AC as opposed to everyone adding Dexterity.
Finally, there is an optional system that allows the GM to award an AC bonus based on how suave, sleek, or otherwise cool your character looks in whatever they happen to be wearing at the time.
Modern standard armor equivalents such as bullet proof vests, riot armor, and military combat gear are also provided, and the systems are built to mix and match as you need.
Some of This Looks Familiar….
The cinematic unarmed combat, inspiration points, psionics system, and a few other rules developed for Amazing Adventures were previewed in our Fifth Edition Player’s Guide to Aihrde, for the Fifth Edition Fantasy rules.
What’s the Catch?
No catch! This book is designed to give you a toolkit to build just about any style of play you like. Playtest scenarios included 1930s pulp noir, proto-cyberpunk tech-noir, Buck Rogers-style space opera, modern urban fantasy, and more! If there is a catch it’s that, as with any toolkit game, presenting authoritative, focused rules for everything isn’t possible, and you’ll have to be creative and think a little outside the box to build your genre of games around the rules presented. All the rules and framework you need, however, is right here.
Below are expansions to the Amazing Adventures 5E game we'd love to see come to your table. With your help, we can make them happen! Follow the map to see what treasures have been unearthed!
$9,000 Amazing Adventures 5E Funds: FUNDED! The RPG is funded!
Early Day One Backers: Unlocked!Day of the Worm Digital only. All levels.
$11,500 Temple of the Red God Adventure: Unlocked! We’ll include a digital copy of Temple of the Red God Adventure Module in your package! Temple of the Red God is Part 1 of Rise of the Red God adventure series. A digital copy will be available for pledges levels $60 and above.
$14,000 Return of the Red God Adventure: Unlocked! We’ll expand the digital release of Temple of the Red God with the Return of the Red God Adventure Module. Both adventures come in a single book. Return of the Red God is Part 2 of the Rise of the Red God adventure series. A digital copy will be available for pledges levels $60 and above.
$16,500 Rise of the Red God Adventure: Unlocked! We’ll complete the Rise of the Red God series with the Rise of the Red God Adventure Module. All 3 adventures come in a single book. Rise of the Red God is Part 3 of the Rise of the Red God adventure series. A digital copy will be available for pledges levels $60 and above AND a Print Copy for $99+ pledge levels.
$18.000 Cover Poster Printed: Unlocked! We’ll include a poster of the cover of the Amazing Adventure 5e Core Book. The poster will be 13” x 19”. Available at the $75 pledge level and above.
$20,000 The Brotherhood of William St. John: Unlocked! Somewhere between a background element to enhance your game, and a complete campaign setting unto itself, this sourcebook traces the entire history of an heroic adventuring society from its founding in the Victorian Era to an elite freedom-fighting organization many centuries in the future. This expansion will be offered as a digital download for $60 pledge levels and above and as Print book for $99 pledge levels and above.
$22,500 Don’t Fear the Ripper Adventure: Unlocked! We’ll include a digital copy of Don’t Fear the Ripper Adventure Module in your package! Don’t Fear the Ripper is Part 1 of the Deeper Dark Trilogy adventure series. A digital copy will be available for pledges levels $60 and above.
$25,000 The Feast of Black Annis Adventure: Unlocked! We’ll expand the digital release of Don’t Fear the Ripper with the Feast of the Black Annis Adventure Module. Both adventures come in a single book and will be expanded and linked to create more of a continuing story. The Feast of the Black Annis is Part 2 of the Deeper Dark Trilogy adventure series. A digital copy will be available for pledges levels $60 and above.
$27,500 The Nightmare Children Adventure: Unlocked! We’ll complete the Deeper Dark Trilogy with The Nightmare Children Adventure Module. All 3 adventures come in a single book and will be expanded and linked to create more of a continuing story. A digital for the $60 pledge level AND a digital and Print for $99+ pledge levels.
$30,000 Midnight on the 18th of June Challenge: Unlocked! $30,000 in pledges by midnight (CST) of the 18th reaps everyone at $15.00 and above a digital copy of the adventure Ashton and the Augments!
$30,000 The Ruins of Ends Meet: Unlocked! Stephen Chenault pens an adventure that brings you to Ponca Arkansas and the old world Bed & Breakfast called Ends Meet. Its like nothing you’ve seen before… This adventure will be offered as a digital download for $60 pledge levels and above and as Print book for $99 pledge levels and above.
$35,000: New Archetypes!: Unlocked! We will expand the core book by adding Archer, Gunslinger, and Soldier martial archetypes to bring your fantasy fighters into a modern game. Available to all levels!
$40,000: New Archetypes!: Unlocked! We will expand the core book by adding Acrobat, Duelist, and Pirate hooligan archetypes. Available to all levels!
$45,000: New Archetypes!: Unlocked! We will expand the core book by adding the Feral pugilist fighting style, the Alchemist Gadgeteer archetype, and the Demon Hunter Paladin Oath for fantasy paladins. Available to all levels!
$50,000: Wild Stars!: Unocked!30 Years in the making. This legendary comic book setting becomes part of the Amazing Adventures multi-verse! "75,000 years ago, mankind made their first migration into space, colonizing planets circling the brightest stars in the night sky. These are the Wild Stars. This sprawling saga stretches from Earth-bound adventurers in current time, to travelers capable of visiting the dawn of life on Earth and into the future where mankind makes a second migration into space." This supplement ships to backers at the $75.00 level and above!
$50,000 & Beyond: 5th Ed Mystical Companions! Unlocked! We'll include the digital copy of the 5th Edition Mystical Companions to all pledge levels $55 and above!
Order Extra copies of the Books from the Kickstarter. Or if you are digital only, be sure to fill up your knap sack!
- Amazing Adventures 5E RPG Print: $45.00
- Amazing Adventures 5E RPG Digital: $15.00
- Amazing Adventures 5E RPG Leather Collectors Edition: $50.00
- AA Character Sheet Journal Print: $5.99
- AA Character Sheet Journal Digital: $1.99
- AA Field Journal Print: $5.99
- Rings of the Red God Print: $12.99
- Rings of the Red God Digital: $6.99
- Solar Burn Print: $9.99
- Solar Burn Digital: $6.99
- Print of the Cover Poster: $10.00
- Rise of the Red God Trilogy Print: $12.99
- Rise of the Red God Trilogy Digital: $6.99
- Deeper Dark Trilogy Print: $12.99
- Deeper Dark Trilogy Digital: $6.99
- Ashton and the Augments Print: $9.99
- Ashton and the Augments Digital: $4.99
- Day of the Worm Print: $9.99
- Day of the Worm Digital: $4.99
- Brotherhood of William St John Print: $9.99
- Brotherhood of William St John Digital: $4.99
- Ruins of Ends Meet Print: $9.99
- Ruins of Ends Meet Digital: $4.99
- Wildstars Print: $9.99
- Wildstars Digital: 4.99
Note on Shipping: Shipping cost and payment will be assessed after the Kickstarter is completed. This will either be via Kickstarter or BackerKit. Every attempt is made to keep the shipping costs down, both in the US and internationally.
Risks and challenges
One of the greatest challenges we face is creating such a large book and maintaining the quality of the printing and binding. In order to do this, we must find a printer with the knowledge and capabilities to execute a book of this size and have it look polished and professional, something we take great pride in. This will cost more than the usual printing, so Kickstarter becomes essential in raising enough capital to give this book the quality it demands and deserves.
We are confident that with a successful Kickstarter we can bring this product to the world not only as a great resource, but also as a great looking book.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)