Discover a world of intertwining stories in a handcrafted game set in rural Scotland.
It is a story about the past, about community and childhood, attachment and growing up. Scottish folk tales, morally dubious parables, cloudy anecdotes and more contemporary stories of homelessness and immigration all combine to create a truly dynamic narrative.
- 1) Thank you!
- 2) The Music of Beeswing
- 3) Thank you all so much! (backers only)
- 4) Inspirations
- 5) Mac and Linux ports and more!!!!
- 6) Progress Report
- 7) The Images of Beeswing
- 8) The Exclusive Games and a New Addition!
Beeswing is a 2D RPG for Windows, Mac and Linux that is reminiscent of games like The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Illusion of Gaia, Earthbound, the Mana series and other pre-32 bit RPG games. The game will feature:
- Rich, hand-made graphics, crafted or painted.
- Hundreds of people to meet and stories to uncover.
- Good endings and better endings.
- Extended metaphors.
- Stories that may well challenge your preconceptions.
- Tree-houses, mums, baby animals, old people, love and more love, truth, lies and questions that are allowed to remain unanswered.
- "one of the most interesting (important even) freeware games of late." indiegames.com
- "as clever as it is stupid – i.e. very." Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "a game of serious thoughts, amusing bylines and symbolic throwarounds." Indie Statik
- "I came away feeling both mentally – and, as a result of something you absolutely must experience – physically enriched."Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "One of the first Great Games of 2013 everyone on this planet should play it" Porpentine
- "Brilliant, strange, philosophical treks through spacetime" PC Gamer
- "Full of portent, transcendence, the sense of being on the cusp of an inarticulable change" Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Tryout Sluggish Morss: A Delicate Time In History just to see what games can be and where they can go with enough creativity and imagination" Indie Statik
Music is a really important part of all my games and I like to design individual sounds and music to echo the tone and nuances of the varied settings, stories and images. There is a focus on acoustic music and evolving patterns in the music of Beeswing and also with slight dissonance.
As with the music I want the art to vary in a way that best represents the tone of the different settings and stories.
For any pledges over £10 ($16) you will receive all these exclusive games as a reward!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Most of this work will be made by me, with my own hands. Moreover, the themes and story telling is of my own devising and so, with this being a somewhat personal project, the onus is on me to perform well. The greatest risk, therefore, is that if something happens to me the project will be delayed. Of course, it is in my interest more than anybody's that I do work to my best abilities and keep a clean bill of health.
Another possible risk is that I might overstep the line and become exploitative of my subject matter. This has been a concern of mine throughout my life as a practising artist and I hope to alleviate it through conversation and beta-testing at various stages with various persons.
The most exciting challenge is to tell the stories in the most expressive way, keeping close to the mood and tone of the characters and documenting a nostalgia that I feel is universal.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge £1 or moreYou selected
ＴＨＡＮＫＳ~ Eternal thanks and your name in the credits. ($1.60)Estimated delivery:
Pledge £5 or moreYou selected
Ｌｏｃｈｅｎｄ ~ An early-access, digital copy of Beeswing ~ A downloadable collection of lovely songs from the game. ($8)Estimated delivery:
Pledge £10 or moreYou selected
ＢＥＥＳＷＩＮＧ ~ All of the above plus: A collection of 5 exclusive games from some of the most interesting, up-and-coming developers! Please see across. ($16)Estimated delivery:
Pledge £15 or moreYou selected
ＬＯＣＨ ＡＲ☂ＨＵＲ ~ All of the above plus: A greatly extended downloadable soundtrack of all the music recorded around the game (including music from my exclusive games) ~ A digital sketch book (PDF) documenting the writing and the paintings of the game. ($24)Estimated delivery:
Pledge £20 or moreYou selected
13 backers Limited (27 left of 40)
ＬＯＴＵＳ ＨＩＬＬ ~ All of the above plus: A collection of exclusive Beeswing postcards to post to your chums. Made locally from sustainable forests. ($32)Estimated delivery:Add £5 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £35 or moreYou selected
18 backers Limited (117 left of 135)
ｔｈｅ Ｃｒａｎｎｏｇ ~ All of the above plus: A beautiful physical copy of the game in a sustainable, card cover with "feelies" and a water-colour note of sincere thanks. ($56)Estimated delivery:Add £5 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £50 or moreYou selected
13 backers Limited (9 left of 22)
Ｂｏｏｍｓｈａｎｋａ ~ All of the above plus: An exclusive, one-off beautiful physical copy of all my collected previous works. Featuring extended soundtracks to Blues For Mittavinda, Will You Ever Return? Sluggish Morss and others. I'll sign it too if you're into that sort of thing. ($80)Estimated delivery:Add £8 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £85 or moreYou selected
5 backers Limited (30 left of 35)
Ｃｒｉｆｆｅｌ ~ All of the above plus: An original painting from the game! A real, tangible asset from the game world of Beeswing could be yours! ($128)Estimated delivery:Add £8 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £145 or moreYou selected
4 backers Limited (1 left of 5)
Ｈｏｍｅ~ All of the above plus: I will make a small game just for you with original graphics, music and a theme of your choosing! ($232)Estimated delivery:Add £8 to ship outside the UK
- (30 days)