About this project
A perfect combination between scifi style and ancient mysterious binary symbols
The most ancient binary number diagram: BaGua
Fu Xi, one of the Three Sovereigns at the beginning of the Chinese dynastic period, invented the mysterious BaGua Diagram, with the famous Yin Yang in the center.
- BaGua influenced Chinese culture for thousands of year. Many modern Chinese people still conduct their life according to BaGua.
- The eight symbols each representing: Heaven, earth, thunder, wind, waters, flame, mountains, swamp. And there are many more interpretations of these eight symbols.
So how do we calculate binary numbers?
- Decimal system: Decimal counting uses the ten symbols 0 through 9. Counting begins with the incremental substitution of the least significant digit (rightmost digit) which is often called the first digit. When the available symbols for this position are exhausted, the least significant digit is reset to 0
- Binary system: Binary counting follows the same procedure, except that only the two symbols 0 and 1 are available. Thus, after a digit reaches 1 in binary, an increment resets it to 0 but also causes an increment of the next digit to the left.
If you are interested in more details in Binary calculation, please see more details here (wikipedia): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_number
BaGua dice is of great quality
How to read BaGua dice
There two kinds of lines in BaGua dice symbol, broken lines and continuous lines. Broken lines represent "zero", and continuous lines represent "one". And there are three lines in each BaGua symbol, the right most digit corresponds to the bottom line of BaGua symbol, therefore we array each digit accordingly as following:
In case you want to learn more about Binary counting:
Counting in binary is similar to counting in any other number system. In decimal system, counting begins with the incremental substitution of the least significant digit (rightmost digit) which is often called the first digit. When the available symbols for this position are exhausted, the least significant digit is reset to 0, and the next digit of higher significance (one position to the left) is incremented (overflow), and incremental substitution of the low-order digit resumes. This method of reset and overflow is repeated for each digit of significance. Binary counting follows the same procedure, except that only the two symbols 0 and 1 are available. Thus, after a digit reaches 1 in binary, an increment resets it to 0 but also causes an increment of the next digit to the left: 000, 001, (rightmost digit starts over, and next digit is incremented) 010, 011, (rightmost two digits start over, and next digit is incremented) 100, 101, 110, 111
Three color options avaliable
- Gathering order info: For two weeks, we shall wait for backers to answer their survey. Please note that backers are always change their address for our survey, however do shoot us an message when you about to do so. And do let us know ahead of time if you are moving. Kickstarter can be a long march :(
- Confirm order and buy materials: For this step we shall start calculating the material we need and start ordering them.
- Manufacturing: We shall work with our contractors and start making BaGua dice. Tell from experience that timing could be on and off for this stage, you never know. But even if you are off the schedule, please understand that we are only trying to make sure that BaGua dice is of good quality.
- Packaging: Packaging can be quite challenging as well, since we have backers from all over the world. Have to be careful. :)
- Shipping: Please note that our estimated delivering date is the shipping date, not arriving date. Shipping time could be quite different depends on the locations of each backer.
Thank you so much for your support :)
Risks and challenges
1. On timing:
Since the exact number of backers is unknown to us, so the timing may fall out of schedule a little. But we did leave ourselves with extra time already, and we will try to get ahead of time for each step, so don't worry. :)
2. On shipping:
Shipping is another potential problem as well. Should the shipping take way too long than regular time, we will assume the package is lost and resend the reward. Promises promises :)
3. On refund:
We will arrange refund, if it is strongly insisted. There is no point in keeping the money from backers if they don't have our back any more. We will do our best to meet backers' anticipation as we should, and hope the worst won't happen.
4. On the actual balance outcome of the dice
We refuse to pay any compensation for gambling lose in related to BaGua dice in all cases. Please note this before purchasing.
BaGua dice is majorly designed for sci-fi board game, not gambling purpose. Although we did our best in designing a balanced dice, diviations and errors still might occur for a certain dice.
Support this project
- (21 days)