This project's funding goal was not reached on July 25, 2012.
About this project
We have been running one of the most popular offbeat news sites on the web for over 6 years and for a long time have wanted to put together a bathroom reader book that contained a a few hundred of the best and weirdest stories from the site.
We already have the concept and the articles chosen, but just need to raise the funds needed to get the book published and out there.
The funds we are requesting is based on very specific elements needed to make this project a success.
1) Editor for up to 100 hours to make sure it is perfect and easy to read
2) Cover design
3) Sales and site landing page design
4) Marketing budget (nothing crazy but enough to get it out there)
5) 5,000 to 10,000 books printed
6) All the paperwork and services needed, like a BIN number, copyright filing, setup in e-reader format like Kindle, and a number of other numerous steps needed to make sure the book is legal and available.
7) Shipping and other costs required to accomplish the funders rewards and promises.
We have no doubt that this book will be huge and we feel we can easily make about 10 to 20 versions of this book with the amount of content we have and the ability to make versions based on category and location.
Our additional goal will be to take this first version and try to get the book picked up by a known publisher to help get the following versions out.
This initial one will be most important and we believe it will take off and be a best seller.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)