Embark on a fantastical journey through Sherwood Forest and beyond.
You are Robin of Locksley. Hounded from your home by the Sheriff of Nottingham, take control of your fate in this extravagant story-driven role-playing game for iPhone and iPad. Rob from the rich, rally the people, build a settlement, and battle the Sheriff of Nottingham for control of Sherwood Forest.
The 12 days of Nockedmas! - Complete!
From December 25 to January 6th, we'll unlock an exclusive desktop wallpaper for all backers for every $100 pledged!
The 60lb Draw - Stretch Goals
- $2000: Unlock a special character. Dame Elspeth, descendant of the Knights of the Round Table joins Robin in the fight for Sherwood, complete with her own side quests and story arc.
- $3000: Marian's Tale! Play as Maid Marian through a series of adventures that inform and change the main story. Why let Robin have all the fun?
- $????: [Unlocks at $3,000]
Rob from the rich and give to the poor, cross swords with the Sheriff of Nottingham, and above all, lead Sherwood through the turning of the seasons and into a new age. Gain gold, renown, followers, and even a measure of grace; then spend those resources to fortify your forest home, accomplish special missions, and change the course of Sherwood’s destiny.
Will you save your plundered gold to rebuild the walls of your home, or send it to the poor and dispossessed to increase your renown and attract Merry Men to your cause? And what of the rising bounty on your head? Consider your choices carefully, for the consequences of your actions are not always readily apparent. For better or ill, in ways both small and large, you will change the course of history.
- 10+ hours of gameplay incorporating 400,000+ words of text and 4,500+ unique narrative actions (That’s over four novels worth of material). No single playthrough is the same; this is interactive fiction on an epic scale!
- 9 romanceable characters, including both same and opposite-sex relationships.
- 5 unique backstories that change the way the world responds to your actions.
- 4 difficulty levels. Resource management can be an afterthought or a vital element in your decision-making.
- 3 customizable bases, each with a unique look and play style.
- 40+ pieces of hand-drawn art by Amanda Spaid.
- 50 different endings.
- Built on Disbound, a powerful new engine created by Unmapped Path that transforms Twine stories into rich experiences for mobile platforms.
This all sounds pretty good. Why pledge now?
Make the Game Better
Become a part of the process. We’re rolling into beta testing, and we want Nocked to be the best in its class of text-driven RPGs. Your comments and criticisms will be heard and acted upon as we polish the final product.
Help us Expand
We’re currently publishing only to iOS. With your support, we can explore adapting Nocked to other platforms. Android and PC are currently top priorities.
Receive Unique Rewards
Whether you want to be remembered in the credits, receive a beautiful collection of Nocked’s art, or design parts of the game yourself, these rewards are available only through our kickstarter.
Upgrade our Equipment
Software is constantly changing, and we need a new computer to more effectively test and finesse the final stages of production.
And of course, More Art!
As she says in the video, we'll commission additional art to fill out exciting locations and events throughout the game.
The Nocked Team
Andrew G. Schneider (Writer and Game Designer): Andrew always wanted to be a wizard when he grew up; now he makes magic with words. When not writing, he hunts the wild dust bunny and makes a mean pot of French onion soup. He lives in Washington, D.C., believes in unicorns, and is married to a wonderful woman who believes in him. His other work is available from Amazon, and wherever e-books are sold.
Amanda Spaid (Artist): Amanda is a fine artist and freelance Illustrator in the DC Metro area. Her subjects and mediums are wide, ranging from traditional oil, acrylic and colored pencil portraits of people and animals, to digital paintings with Sci-fi/Fantasy themes. She's a Maryland native, has a degree in Fine Arts from the School of Art and Design at Montgomery College in Silver Spring and a Bachelor's in Illustration from Columbus College of Art and Design in Ohio.
Stephanie Martinez (Graphic Designer) Stephanie Martinez is a freelance graphic designer, with a Bachelor's from Drexel University. She's also a homemaker and proud mother of two infuriating children. Nocked is her first game.
Unmapped Path (Disbound game engine) Nocked is a collaboration with Unmapped Path, a Baltimore-based digital studio founded by Joel Haddock and Chris Klimas. Unmapped Path creates interactive narrative experiences on desktop and mobile devices with a focus on the use of the Twine platform.
Risks and challenges
Nocked is fully funded with an expected release date by June 2017. Money made through this kickstarter will be used to make Nocked bigger and better while involving you, the community, in the process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)