A miniatures line featuring RPG heroes, villains, monsters, Cthulhu and ponies in chibi anime style. Read more
$105,099pledged of $3,250 goal
0seconds to go
This project was successfully funded on November 1, 2012.
100 Packages Left and Chibi Asian Adventurers Preview
We wanted to let you all know that we now have just 100 packages left to ship. We're working hard to get the remainder in the mail and anticipate being done by month-end. As soon as we've shipped all that we can, we will launch the Chibi Asian Adventurers Campaign. We wanted to provide a quick preview of the art by Lorraine and outline some of the ways that this Kickstarter will different given we're incorporating what we learned from this one.
1. We are limiting the total number of figures. 100 was overly-ambitious and we're going to keep it to just shy of 40. This should make it faster.
2. We have completed sculpting for all the figures. That's right...no wait time for them to be sculpted. They're done.
3. We are keeping it simple. No tiles, no t-shirts. Just minis...no other distractions.
4. Simplified structure. We're using a pick structure where there are 6 levels with a number of picks. Type 1 are 1 pick, Type 2 are two picks.
5. Stretch goals. They'll be spread out more. We'll have 5 additional figure to fund through stretch goal (maybe a 6th if Ed can figure out how to properly cast it). Most of the Stretch Goals will add additional bonus picks to the different reward levels. As the KS total grows, so do the rewards.
6. Simpler minis - We purposely tried to make these minis more simple with fewer parts. That will make them easier to put together, simpler to cast, and much quicker to bag up and ship.
7. Casting should be easier. Troll Forged is now casting out of their new shop and not out of Ed's basement. They have doubled the number of employees and casting speed has improved. Additionally, they have more experience casting chibi minis, which are more difficult given the proportions. Also, Type 2 minis will be 50mm in size (not 60mm as before), and much easier to cast.
Thank you all for your patience and we hope to have your help in launching the Chibi Asian Adventurers!
Chris & Tom
Here is the current preview of the miniatures planned for the Chibi Asian Adventurers KickStarter (please note a few of the video links are not working yet ... I am working on getting those fixed ... but I do know they need fixed already). Hope you enjoy the preview!
In addition to the 31 shown here, there are 5 stretch goal miniatures not shown (Bashe, Baku, Hsigo, Chinese Bowman and Qilin) and 3 new miniatures that Ed is working on some sculpting changes for us (Chinese Hobgoblin, Tengu Swordmaster and Chibi Fort) that if they all work out as planned will give us the planned total of 39 new miniatures for the KickStarter. We'll also have the Monk, Dragon Monk, Monk Cloud & Airball and Tengu Priest from the Dungeon Chibi KS as picks for the Asian Chibi KickStarter as they all 4 come from the Asian Adventurers theme. Finally we'll have the Stonework bases as picks as well as they really make the figures look great. Thus the final result of total number of items to pick from is 46.