Did you miss your chance to get in for this KickStarter but want the teams shown here? They will be available for purchase at http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=elfballteams after the KickStarter is fullfilled.
Due to unlocked Stretch Goal at $37,000 ... all backers of RIOT reward or higher will get a free animal team mascot. Turn counter, re-roll tracker, score marker, sideline decoration or a way to distract a child that wants to play with your football figures!
STRETCH GOALS for final 3 days of the KickStarter!:
- UNLOCKED - $35,000 - Free resin Roxanne figure included with every Standard and Deluxe Dark Elf team AND Deluxe Deep Ones will be upgraded to also include 4 goblin sized octopus players and 1 Tentacled Chainsaw player.
- UNLOCKED - $36,000 - Timberline Elf team unlocked as an reward option AND Deadwoods set unlocked as a discounted add-on AND free Dark Sphere pewter Treeman with every Black Army Deluxe Halfling team.
- UNLOCKED - $37,000 - Werebear, Helmet Stand, Tantor (Elephant Ogre) and Gorillataur unlocked as discounted add-ons AND a free mascot animal miniature for every backer of RIOT reward level or higher
- UNLOCKED - $38,000 - Scotling team unlocked as a team option for your reward and Caber team included as discounted Add-on
- UNLOCKED - $39,000 - Gnome team unlocked as a team reward option and Impcrusher and Contraption 3 pack included as discounted Add-ons.
- UNLOCKED - $40,000 - Black Rock Dwarf team unlocked as a team reward option AND Bertha Giantfist as an add-on.
- UNLOCKED - $41,000 - Middle Kingdoms team unlocked as a team reward option
- UNLOCKED - $42,000 - Deathroller Racing set of 6 unlocked as a team reward option
- UNLOCKED - $43,000 - All Deluxe Pro Elf teams will include Ithaca, Horkon and Roxanne for free (metal for metal, resin for resin) AND All Deluxe Dark Elf teams will include Dolfar, Jordell and The Prince for free (metal for metal, resin for resin) AND Metal Deluxe Pro Elf teams will include a metal Dark Elf set of specialists players AND Metal Deluxe Dark Elf team will include a metal Pro Elf set of specialists players AND Deluxe Orcs will include a set of Band of Orcs (resin for resin and metal for metal)
- UNLOCKED - $44,000 - Kalle Minotaur and Piling On Ogre included in add-ons
- UNLOCKED - $45,000 - Ogre team unlocked as a reward choice. All backers of the Ogre KickStarter who back this KickStarter for the Cheap Seats or higher reward will receive a free resin Ogre Star Thrower and Goblin duo.
- $46,000 - One free D16 with each backer at GET THE REF or higher reward level
Recently Impact! received two opportunities to bring two new fantasy football teams to life. The first was an excellent 2nd edition vibe Pro Elf team being designed by Stephen Radcliffe. Stephen had reached a road block in his plans to bring the team to market so we agreed to help add more sculpts to the team and attempt to bring it to market.
The 2nd opportunity occurred when the Star Bowl Indiegogo was unable to pay for the sculpts to produce the Orc team offered during their crowdfunding. We agreed to pay for the sculpts and work on the team to make sure the backers of that crowdfunding received the rewards for which they pledged.
However, we could use some help bring these teams to market as the costs are not small for the two teams and neither team was planned in our development schedule but we are really happy to have the opportunity to bring to the players.
In addition, Impact! has specialized in helping the fantasy football community for 8 years and working to overcoming one of the biggest barrier to new players entering into a fantasy football board game is the cost of getting a complete team to play.
Impact! worked with Trollforged to begin offering complete teams that could be used for multiple rosters for only $35 to $45 last year. Based on the positive reception ... we wanted to jump start offering the community as many teams as we could in the Trollforged material. However we realized that Impact! should not be the only company that gets access to creating these affordable teams. So we reached out to several companies that had pewter fantasy football teams and asked if they would like their team or Big Guy characters converted to Trollcast. 6 of them agreed. Black Army, RAFM, Green Dog, A Band of Orcs, JBDemon Studios and ZN Games,
After obtaining licensing rights to covert miniatures from those 5 companies to Trollcast, we also developed two entirely new teams as well as working with Phil Bowen to create more sculpts for two of his teams from when Phigs Miniatures was open to fill them out better. Finally we worked with a sculptor to have new bodies made for our Calasain team as Impact! could no longer source the original material for the bodies for that team.
The end result ... 20 new teams ready to be moved to Trollcast! And we can make it happen for under $1,500 per a team. However $1,500 times 20 teams means a total of over $25,500 which is a really big number and we know it. But with several recent fantasy football KickStarters reaching over $20,000 for a single new team ... we have confidence that the fantasy football community can help us obtain the funds to bring these teams into production. The $25,500 will pay for all the new molds needed as well as the licensing fees that the original owners of the figures from those 5 companies will need paid (and also cover the sculpting costs for all the new models we had designed).
The rewards are set up so that leagues of players are encouraged to work together to make a group pledge and get maximum benefit for their reward. We've worked with many leagues over the past for prize support and we are hoping to see the leagues get the word out to make those group league reward pledges for this KickStarter. However we want to thank even someone backing us for a single team so everything in this KickStarter (even the add-ons) will be less expensive then they will be when/if they are eventually sold in our store.
All 20 teams have a Standard version that are the base reward for each level. Many teams have a Deluxe version which adds several extra models to fill out the team more completely for a minimal extra amount.
PEWTER KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE TEAMS
In addition to the Standard reward pledges for Trollcast teams ... we have three reward levels for KickStarter exclusive pewter (white metal) teams for the Orc team, Pro Elf, Dark Elf and Chaotic Alliance teams shown below. These pewter teams will only be sold with these reward levels with this KickStarter and never again. The pewter teams will be the Deluxe versions of the teams.
WHAT ARE THEY CAST IN?
All figures will be cast in Trollcast which is a spincast resin and sent unpainted. Please note ... resin miniatures mean that the figures do require a bit of work to clean off flash when received and might require either light filing/sanding and/or an occasional bubble fill with Green Stuff or Liquid Green Stuff. We will also include a 25mm slotted plastic base with each figure and 30mm no slot plastic base with each Big Guy figure.
SO WHICH TEAMS ARE WE FUNDING TO HAVE CONVERTED?
Here is the list of Standard teams you can choose from for your reward (as well as if they have a Deluxe version available for a small add-on pledge). (images of each team are below):
- Orc team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 23 figures)
- Pro Elf team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 23 figures)
- Dark Elf team (19 figures) / (Deluxe is 24 figures)
- Chaotic Alliance (22 figures) / (Deluxe is 26 figures)
- Black Army Halfling team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 24 figures)
- Black Army Deep Ones team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 28 figures)
- Greendog Thalassians (16 figures)
- RAFM Reptiliad Fantasy Football team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 25 figures)
- ZN Games Ulfhedner team (6 figures) / (Deluxe is 16 figures)
- Black Widows team (19 figures) / (Deluxe is 31 figures)
- Calasain team (21 figures)
- Deadling team (28 figures) / (Deluxe is 40 figures)
- Desert Dogs team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 19 figures)
- Divine Wind team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 19 figures)
- Platypus "Goblin" team (20 figures) / (Deluxe is 22 figures)
- Ratmen team (18 figures)
- Razorback/Gnoll team (24 figures) / (Deluxe is 26 figures)
- Samhaino Undead/Necromancer team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 21 figures)
- Thunder Hammer Dwarves (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 22 figures)
- Vampire team (25 figures) / (Deluxe is 32 figures)
We are also offering several teams that we already had converted into spincast resin that you can also choose from for your reward
- Sarcos Croc team (17 figures) / (Deluxe is 27 figures)
- Amazon team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 18 figures)
- Pharaohs team (22 figures) / (Deluxe is 27 figures)
- Siringit team (15 figures) / (Deluxe is 20 figures)
- Apes of Wrath team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 25 figures)
- Women of Impact! (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 22 figures)
- Necromicon team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 21 figures)
- Valkyrie team (21 figures) / (Deluxe is 24 figures)
- Timberline Elf team (19 figures)
- Scotling Team (15 figures) / (Deluxe is 21 figures)
- Gnome Team (13 figures) / (Deluxe is 17 figures)
- Black Rock Dwarf Team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 25 figures)
- Middle Kingdoms Team (19 figures) / (Deluxe is 23 figures)
- Deathroller Racing set (6 figures)
- Ogre Team (6 figures) / (Deluxe is 24 figures)
Here are the images for each team:
PRO ELF TEAM (18 figures / 23 in Deluxe) - (Deluxe available in pewter as KS exclusive)
DARK ELF TEAM (19 figures / 24 in Deluxe) - (Deluxe available in pewter as KS exclusive)
ORC TEAM (16 figures / 23 in Deluxe) - (Deluxe available in pewter as KS exclusive)
CHAOTIC ALLIANCE TEAM (22 figures / 26 in Deluxe (Deluxe available in both metal and spincast resin))
BLACK ARMY HALFLING TEAM (16 figures / 24 in Deluxe)
BLACK ARMY DEEP ONES TEAM (16 figures / 28 in Deluxe)
GREENDOG THALASSIANS TEAM (16 figures) - (note: the Thalassians are modular figures with heads, torsos and legs being separate pieces so that unique looking players are possible with assembly) Team comes with extra bare heads.
RAFM REPTILIAD FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAM (18 figures / 25 in Deluxe)
ZN GAMES ULFHEDNER TEAM (6 figures Ogre sized minis / 16 in Deluxe) - (note: the 10 Deluxe add-on figures will be in pewter/white metal)
BLACK WIDOWS TEAM (19 figures / 31 in Deluxe)
CALASAIN TEAM (21 figures) - (note: the Calasain are modular figures. The arms and heads are on sprues so that you can mix and match to create a unique looking team)
DEADLINGS TEAM (28 figures / 40 in Deluxe) - (note: the Deadlings are meant to be undead Halflings ... as such these miniatures are small in scale)
DESERT DOGS TEAM (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 19 figures)
DIVINE WIND TEAM (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 19 figures)
RATMEN TEAM (18 figures)
RAZORBACK/GNOLL TEAM (24 figures / 26 in Deluxe)
SAMHAINO UNDEAD/NECRO TEAM (16 figures / 21 in Deluxe)
THUNDER HAMMER DWARVES TEAM (16 figures / 22 in Deluxe)
VAMPIRE TEAM (25 figures) / (Deluxe is 32 figures)
Platypus "Goblin" team (20 figures) / (22 in Deluxe)
Here are the images of the existing spincast resin teams that can also be selected for your reward picks.
Sarcos Croc Team (17 figures) / (Deluxe is 27 figures)
Amazon Team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 18 figures)
Pharaohs Team (22 figures) / (Deluxe is 27 figures)
Siringit team (15 players / 20 players Deluxe)
Apes of Wrath team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 25 figures)
Women of Impact! (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 22 figures)
Valkyrie team (21 figures) / (Deluxe is 23 figures)
Timberline Elf team (19 figures)
Scotling team (15 figures) / (Deluxe is 21 figures)
Gnome team (13 figures) / (Deluxe is 17 figures)
Black Rock Dwarf team (16 figures) / (Deluxe is 25 figures)
Middle Kingdoms team (19 figures) / (Deluxe is 23 figures)
Deathroller Racing set (6 figures) - (Game rules at : http://www.impactminiatures.com/DeathRollerRacing/ )
Ogre team (6 figures) / (Deluxe is 24 figures)
Necromicon team (18 figures) / (Deluxe is 21 figures)
SSB Chaotic Minotaur (50mm tall) - $12 add-on spincast resin)
Dark Elf Star Players pack (5 figures - $14 spincast resin)
Dark Elf Specialty Players pack (4 figures - $10 in spincast resin / $20 in pewter)
Pro Elf Specialty Players pack (4 figures - $10 in spincast resin / $20 in pewter)
Elf Lineman Pack (4 players - $10 spincast resin)
Roxanne the Dark - ($5 spincast resin)
Platypus / Siringit Add-On pack for Underworld options (6 figures) - $14 pewter
Siringit Expansion Pack - 6 figures ($14) - in spincast resin
Cthulhu & HP and Dagon add-ons
Kari, Bar Maid - $5 add-on in spincast resin
Djinn Ogre (40mm tall) - $11
Oni Ogre (40mm tall) - $11
Vampire Expansion Set - Pumpkin Queen set + 3 extra Pumpkin score/reroll markers + Vampire minion cheerleder - $14
Deadwood Treemen set - $15 for the set of 2. 41mm to the eye.
Werebear Big Guy - $8
Tantor (Elephant Ogre) - $8
Gorillataur Big Guy - $4
Helmet Stand re-roll/turn/score counter - $3 (can be assembled in multiple styles)
Scotling Caber Team - $9
Gnome pack of 10 players - $10
Impcrusher - $6
Gnome Contraptions 3 pack - $13
Bertha Giantfist (61mm to the eyes (she's a big gal!)) - $8
Piling On Ogre with Flight Stand - $12
Kalle Minotaur - $10
Flaming Skull dice Add-ons. Any set of 3 dice for $6 each set
Felt Gaming Mats (wear/stain/liquid resistant) - $21
Ball and Bonehead rings. Add any ONE of the below rings to your reward for $3. Choices are Spiked (standard), Steel (great for Chaos, Ogre and Dwarf), Jewelry (Elven style), Lunchbox (Halflings got to have a place for snacks) for the balls and then a Bonehead marker for when your Big Guy forgets he is playing.
Chris Adkerson and Tom Anders are the owners of Impact! Chris is a logistical and product development partner and Tom handles all the nuts and bolts to make the company run (web development, taxes, bookkeeping, inventory, shipping, etc.) If you see comments from Impact! ... it most likely Tom but could be Chris.
Lorraine Schleter is the amazingly talented artist who turns Chris and Tom's descriptions into the incredible art that we use to design the sculptures. She worked on the Elf team art.
Juan Miguel López Barea is the equally talented digital artist who turns Lorraine's art into the 3-D sculpts that become the final product. Juan is the head of the miniatures design area of MKUltra Studios.
Ed Fortae is the owner of Troll Forged. His mould work and special resin compound Trollcast is what completes the circle to bring the sculptures to life.
Last but definitely NOT least
There is one major way that KickStarters are successful: Social Media. If you want to help us fund and then hit any stretch goals, please take a few moments to share the project on Facebook, send out a tweet on Twitter or start a thread on your favorite forum to discuss the project. Let the people know we are here so the project can be as successful as possible.
And definitely for this KickStarter ... let your leagues know about this KickStarter ... pull together that group order and really save!
Finally, thank you in advance for backing and helping support our project!
Tom @ Impact!
Impact! believes in Kicking it Forward and we pledge to back other KickStarters with 5% of the profit of this KickStarter (just see our # of projects backed so far ... we take this seriously!)
DISCLAIMER and TROLLCAST resin details:
Specs:Trollcast is a hard (75D) heat resistant plastic resin. It is much harder, and tougher, than normal resin. Trollcast can withstand 320F, and can handle prolonged exposure at 150F with ease (so our Australian friends should not have any problems during the summer). It can be super-glued together, and takes standard miniature paints easily (you need to wash the figures first to remove any mold release agent that might still be on the miniature.)
Safety: Trollcast should never be exposed to direct flame. Other than this , Trollcast has no special safety precautions, the dust in non- carcinogenic. However: all material dusts will irritate the lining of the lungs, and make existing conditions worse, so we recommend wearing a dust mask. Better safe than sorry!
Trollcast is safe to expose to INDIRECT heat. Unlike many plastics (PVC etc.) it does not give off toxic vapours. Heating Trollcast to 320F from indirect head is safe, and a good way to soften the material in order to reposition parts (then plunge into cold water to set). AGAIN DO NOT EXPOSE TROLLCAST to an open flame. Heck .. don't expose any resin or plastic toy from any company to direct flame. It is just a REALLY bad idea ... okay?.
SKYSCRAPER SPECIAL FAQ and METAL Reward FAQ:
If you are pledging for the SKYSCRAPER SPECIAL reward and pick a Standard team(s) in your set of 5, you receive a free $10 or less add-on with your reward for each non-Deluxe team you pick in your 5. You can add-on additional Standard teams for $34, Deluxe team for $44 and Metal teams for $100 to a SKYSCRAPER SPECIAL if you want to get more than 5 teams.
You can add-on additional teams to any of the METAL reward levels. Standard teams for $34, Deluxe team for $44 and Metal teams for $100.
EARLY BACKERS OFFERS TO DATE:
1) Every backer that is part of the KickStarter when it funded will get a free ball or bonehead ring of their choice with every metal team in their reward. Every non-metal team included in a PITCH INVASION reward that is a backer of the KickStarter when it is funded will also get one free ball or bonehead ring. Backers qualifying for this are all those in by 8:30AM EST May 19th. Backer #199 or less.
2) Every backer that was part of the KickStarter at 9AM EST on May 16th will get a free set of their choice of either the Pro Elf OR Dark Elf Star Players with any Deluxe Pro Elf or Deluxe Dark Elf team in their reward. Backers qualifying for this are #194 or less.
3) Every backer that was part of the KickStarter at 9AM EST on May 16th will get a free upgrade to Deluxe for each Standard Chaotic Alliance team in their reward. SKYSCRAPER SPECIAL backers who pick the Deluxe Chaotic Alliance spincast resin team as part of their reward get an extra $10 or less add-on for free. Backers qualifying for this are #194 or less.
4) Every backer that was part of the KickStarter at 10AM EST on May 2nd that pledges for GET THE REF or a higher reward will get a free $14 or less Add-on with their reward OR two free $8 or less Add-Ons with their reward. Backers qualifying for this are #118 or less.
Risks and challenges
Impact! Miniatures has been producing fantasy football figures since 2006. We already have the sculpts in for all the teams except for the Pro Elf team which is 50% finished and will be done soon. So for 95% of the project, we are just looking for funding to have the master and production moulds made. We already have time allocated for this project with Trollforged to fullfill the KickStarter rewards on time.
Our Gaslight Chibi KickStarter has not yet shipped out but all the sculpts are finished and we will not have materials to ship until August/September which gives us plenty of time to focus on this project. We also have a Dice KickStarter that we should be getting miniatures in around September as well.
This ResinTeams KickStarter should be fully shipped out before we even get in the castings for our Gaslight Chibi KickStarter or the DCC Dice KickStarter so the overlap poses no risks or challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (44 days)