Spoofs, Partners and Headline News
Things are definitely hotting up at my end whilst I pull together loose ends and start to finalize a bunch of bits and pieces for the expansions, add-ons, manufacturing and more!
Here are the headlines...
1. The printers are putting the finishing touches on the model of the Fancy Box. I'll be back with photos of that next time.
2. Danny has now finished the drafts of the Commanders and I'll share the finished designs with you soon.
3. I'm working on the upgraded rulebook, now that we've hit the $170k stretch goal!!
4. I'm putting the finishing touches on the artbook. It looks pretty superb, even if I do say so myself! You guys are in for a treat! Check out a sneak peek below...
Meet the Spoofs
You backed. You chatted. You went nuts. You voted. And now I can let you know which Agents were voted in top place to be included in the Spoofspansion. Drumroll please...
Agent 86 (Maxwell Smart)
Spy vs. Spy
The extra vigilant among you will notice that the list only includes 7 Agents, so there's still one spot for a wildcard. To help me choose that final Agent I am willing to pay attention to any last minute pleas, begging or even some light bribery. (Only joking. Agents are not allowed to accept bribes. Rule #97.c of the handbook)
And guess what? Look! I've brought down the price of the customized Spoof Agent tier to $200! I'd really love to be able to include as many of you as possible in the game, so feel free to pick up your slot now!
If you have any more creative ideas for spoof commands, get involved in the discussion here!
Meet the Partners
Today I get to share with you the Partner Agents; the line-up, names and commands! Remember, Partner Agents are played by being 'attached' to Faction Agents and sit alongside a specific Faction Agent (more info here).
1. The Bodyguard: protect this Faction Agent from killing, turning, swapping, extraction and reviving.
2. The Quartermaster: perform the command of this Faction Agent on any of your factions.
3. The Censor: deactivate this Faction Agent’s data tokens i.e does not award IPs
4. The Counterfeiter: receive +1 IP for every non-matching data token completed by this Faction Agent
5. The Shadow: receive 1 IP when this Faction Agent is re-activated
6. The Peacekeeper: deactivate this Faction Agent’s command (command cannot be performed by any player while The Peacekeeper is attached)
7. The Forensic Pathologist: receive +2 IPs when This Faction Agent is killed (must be in position before agent is killed).
8. The Escort - steal any Partner Agent currently in play
As always, I'll be glad to hear how you think these new Agents will add to, and develop, the game.
Surveying the Territory
I wanted to give you a head's up on what's going to happen at the end of the campaign. We're going to use BackerKit to survey all the backers, which will be your chance to identify exactly what you've included in your pledge i.e how many expansions, which expansions you've selected, which add-ons you want, any extra copies of the game etc etc. You'll also be able to adjust your pledge, add International shipping, throw in a last minute expansion or add-on etc.
At this point, you'll also be able to opt for tracked or expedited shipping. The price for this will depend on your final pledge value and there'll be more information on that in the survey itself.
Let's get Social
As it's been pointed out, though I have 4,771 glorious backers I only have 187 likes over on Facebook and 160 followers on twitter. Poor, lonely, little old me! I'd love it if you could take a second to jump over, friend me, follow me and maybe even send out a little tweet or message to get more of your friends involved in the the fun?! As we get closer to the finish line and our stretch goals, every additional new backer helps!
I'm going to leave you today with an illustration for a brand, new, hot of the press Agent that is part of the Base Renovations booster (included in EVERY base set). Personally, I think it's one of the coolest Agents yet and one of Danny's best illustrations ever! Let's welcome 'The Handler' to our ranks!
Here's to a wonderful, busy, chatty and 'stretch-goal hitting' (?!) weekend!