The next image in an eight-year long project "Self Portraits" by Gemma Fleming requires the rental of a live animal and trainer.
- About the "Self Portrait" Series:
- The "Self Portrait" series has been an eight-year running project resulting in recent solo and group exhibitions both internationally and in New York. My next piece involves the rental of a live animal and trainer. This image will be the center piece for my next exhibited body of work in late 2010.
- What I need:
- The $1,620 would cover what is needed to rent the animal and trainer. This is the the largest expense for the shoot that requires your contributions.
- What you'll receive:
- Each person who contributes will receive a personal thank you in the mail with a small print of the image from the project's final piece and additional rewards depending on their donation. From $1 to the entire shebang, everyone will receive something for their support.
- In my next exhibit in New York I will also place the names of all who contributed in the show's program.
- And the grand prize:
- For anyone willing to front the entire amount of $1,620 (this applies to residents in the greater NY area, or for anyone who can make their way to the shoot in upstate New York) I will invite them out to the location to be photographed with the live animal.
- Your support is absolutely appreciated.
- About this piece:
- This past Winter I experienced a turbulent point in my life that landed me in and out of my own sanity. During that time I created what I could to help me cope with my grief, abandonment, and often times unending guilt. This image will be the final piece that embodies the experiences of that time and the aftermath.
- In addition to being one of the largest productions on this specific project to date, this next image will serve as the centerpiece in my upcoming collection of work that I plan to exhibit later in the year.
- Self Portraits:
- Other work:
- Interview for "Self Portrait" Exhibit:
- "Wildly Different Things" Artist Profile:
- Contaminate NY Artist Profile:
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
All contributors will received a personalized thank you letter with a small print of the final image in the mail as well a contributor's credit for the image during my next New York exhibit (date TBD but projected for Fall 2010).
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
For those who contribute $25 or more you will receive a large print of the final image in addition to the previously listed.
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Contributors pledging $50 or more will receive a printed contact sheet of images from the shoot in addition to the large print of the final image and the rewards listed prior to.
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
$100+ will allow you to select an image from the contact sheet of the shoot as your large print in addition to the above listed (contact sheet, small print with "Thank You" letter, contributor's credit in next exhibit's program).
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
You'll receive TWO prints - one of your own select from the contact sheet and one of the final image, and the other rewards listed.
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
You'll receive all of the above and a choice of a large print from my larger body of work (so yes, that's THREE large prints - your personal select from the shoot, a print of the final image, and a choice of an image from my body of work). This includes images outside of the "Self Portrait" Series.
Pledge $1,620 or moreYou selected
Aside from everything listed above (and my eternal gratitude to you) you will get to come with me on location to be a part of the shoot! You'll be photograph with the animal rented for the shoot and will receive a print of your final image.
- (30 days)