About this project
First and foremost, THANK YOU for checking out our project! We are Forget, Forget; a band from Portland, Maine, and we’re nearing the finish line of our year-long recording journey. Raising funds to mix, master and distribute our debut album is the final step!
Songwriter Tyler DeVos brought the band together in the summer of 2012, including multi-instrumentalist Patia Maule (violin, keys, vocals), synth/banjo/guitar player McKay Belk, cellist Jo Sorrell, guitarist John Nels, bassist Dominic Grosso, and seasoned drum veteran, Aaron LaChance. With this group of musicians, we created the full-length album, 'We Are All'.
The album explores psychosis and mental illness, and how it can profoundly relate to our own lives. The concepts are powerfully expressed through lyrics and sound; sometimes beautiful, sometimes sad, sometimes disturbing yet strangely familiar. Strings, synthesizers, banjo, electric guitars, five string bass, huge drums, and five part vocal harmonies complete our sound. Not to mention we recorded the album right here in Portland, Maine. It was engineered by our bandmate John Nels, and we’ll be sending it off for mixing and mastering, but where?
We’ve had the incredible fortune to be able to work with Hotel2Tango studios in Montreal, where our album will be mixed. Hotel2Tango has worked with bands such as Arcade Fire, A Silver Mt. Zion, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, whose music has inspired much of our sound.
After that we’ll send the album on to NYC for mastering at West West Side Studios. The mastering engineer we will work with, Alan Douches, has worked with artists as varied and impressive as Sufjan Stevens, Animal Collective, Brand New, Ben Folds, Converge, and the Misfits.
Finally - and the best part of all - we’ll distribute our album to YOU!
Our album art will be created by the incredibly talented Alix Sorrell, whose illustrations and design can be found at alixsorrell.com. For those lucky folks who fund us at a certain level, you’ll receive a limited-edition poster created by Alix.
Whether you’re here to listen to the music, see the video, experience the art, get a bunch of sweet prizes, or support the cause, we thank you! We’re thrilled you’re a part of our project, and we can’t wait for you to hear the full-length album!
A Few Parting Thoughts ...
- We will receive ZERO funding unless our TOTAL goal is reached (in other words, your pledged funds will be cancelled, and we will be sad).
- We need to raise the total goal in the twenty one days. Yup. Two, one. Done.
- The more you can give us, the more we can give you. Check out our prizes! We WANT to give them to you!
- While we have some awesome prizes at set prices, feel free to contribute any amount to this project.
- If we surpass our goal, the extra funds will be used to promote the album.
- As we reach certain goals, we’ll send you video updates of live footage, insider info, and Dom impersonating our non-existent record label executive. It's funny. Trust us.
Risks and challenges
'We Are All' recording sessions are nearly complete. Our obstacles to mixing, mastering, and distribution are primarily funding. We have scheduled mixing and mastering sessions to ensure that there is plenty of time to deal with any production delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (21 days)