Another Game Update!
Things at Uber Entertainment have been going well over the last few weeks. Behind the scenes, we've been doing a ton of planning and scheduling for the retail release of Planetary Annihilation. We've also brought in a handful of new people to make sure that we get the stuff we know you're going to love into PA. It’s an exciting time, no doubt!
And as we march closer to release, we'll get you guys more details about the new mechanics, features, and game modes we're adding. For now, though, we’d love to tell you about the new build, which is available right now!
What’s in it? Lots of improvements, tweaks, and stability fixes. These aren't necessarily obvious by looking at the build, but they certainly go a long way in making PA that much more awesome. Here are some highlights:
- More HDR tuning, in addition to graphics and compatibility work! PA's looking great nowadays, and we're working to make sure that all our options work smoothly.
- More AI tuning! The AI continues to grow more evil with each update. For example, now it can go interplanetary. Crazy! Soon, we'll be implementing a way to handicap the AI, too.
- General balance pass on defensive structures! Walls, for instance, now cost a bit more.
- Changes to how information is sent to the client. This reduces network utilization.
- Additional client and server crash fixes.
We've posted the patch notes here in our forums -- but it’s not all the fixes. There’s just not enough space to go over all the small tweaks we’ve made.
As always, thanks for your continued support of Planetary Annihilation.
And by the way, if you haven't check out our podcast, Uber Unplugged, give it a shot! It's a great way to learn just a bit more about the folks at Uber. Available now on iTunes!