We did it! As planned, we were able to push out a new build of Planetary Annihilation every day this week. The goal was to smooth out a lot of performance bugs and get the overall stability of the client up. Mission accomplished. The game now runs much faster, it crashes less for the folks who had problems, and it's just a lot more reliable in general.
If you haven't been in the loop, here's a quick rundown of the major fixes and additions we dropped into the game throughout the week:
- Fixes for various server crash issues
- Eliminated Advanced Metal Extractor exploit
- Better ATI support for Mac users
- Improved Steam launching for Linux version
- Made advanced tanks smaller
- Vastly improved water unit pathing
- AI now uses bots
- Now support mapping for WASD
- Added new art for energy plant, sea air defense, advanced radar satellite Added the ability to specifically select AI as an opponent instead of having players leave spots open.
Cool stuff, right? With this behind us, we'll continue improving the performance of the overall game. But, now we're also going to continue our feature development. Stuff like enhanced lobbies, for example, advanced unit control, and Galactic War.
We look forward to playing with you over the weekend! Have fun, smash some planets!