1v1 Competitive Update is live!
Build 75539 is live!
Leaderboards are live! Starting now you can see where you stack against the world. Work your way up, and take the number 1 Uber spot!
We’re happy to announce the release of the full 1v1 Competitive Update! We started working toward this with our 1v1 ranked games and matchmaking in our last update, and have moved it to the full experience by including the Leaderboards allowing you to see the top of each rank and where you land in the world of rankings, as well as bringing in 3 new symmetrical 1v1 maps custom made for our ranked play!
With this in mind, we have also reset the rankings to start the Leaderboards fresh. You’ll need to play your 5 provisional games to get your new rank.
Our System Designer now has the ability to make symmetrical planets, do CSG editing, and add custom metal placement for all you modders and planet creators out there! This is the first steps on this, and we plan on expanding the functionality of the designer even further in the future!
There’s been a ton of changes, tweaks, and bugfixes in this one, so keep reading for a more detailed list!
- [General] You are now able to chat after games, even in chronocam mode
- [General] Added in backer names on more commanders in the Armory
- [General] More backer names are now in for planets and Galactic War credits
- [General] Nukes now have a specific effect if they happen in space
- [General] Jigs have a new custom explosion effect
- [Balance] Jigs now explode in a nuke sized explosion (drag select will space these to be safe, but you can hand place them closer if you feel lucky)
- [Balance] Change to Dox vision from 150 to 100
- [Balance] Commander torpedoes rate of fire reduced from 2.0 per second to 1.0 per second
- [Balance] Commander torpedoes range reduced from 200 to 160
- [Balance] Dox will now correctly fire on factories
- [Balance] Nuke damage will now expand out to match the effect
- [Ranked] Leaderboards are now online (found under Multiplayer off the main menu)
- [Ranked] Players can watch the last replay of the top 10 of each rank in the Leaderboards
- [Ranked] 3 new custom made 1v1 planets for Ranked play, to replace the old pool
- [Ranked] You can no longer pause in ranked games
- [Ranked] Disconnecting in a ranked game now pauses it and gives the disconnected player 180 seconds to reconnect before they forfeit
- [Ranked] A player has 30 seconds to show up for a ranked lobby before the game is abandoned
- [Ranked] A player disconnecting from a ranked lobby now immediately abandons the game (and applies a penalty to the abandoning player, like before)
- [Ranked] Players are now notified when they have a match and are tabbed away (flashing icon and sound)
- [Ranked] A new and louder sound now plays when you find a match.
- [System Designer] We’ve implemented symmetrical planet creation
- [System Designer] You can now edit CSGs (move, add, delete, copy, paste, rotate, raise, and lower them)
- [System Designer] You can now place or remove metal spots
- [System Designer] All System Editor hotkeys can be found under settings and changed if you like
- [System Designer] Orbiting bodies are not allowed to be more massive than what they are orbiting (As a placeholder fix, the system designer will move the orbiting planet to orbit the sun if you increase mass higher than the planet it orbits)
- [System Designer] Water flows into custom CSG
- [UI] Lots of small changes to bring more continuity through the UI
- [UI] When first entering game, we have a bar added to give new players an idea of the initial controls
- [UI] Top 3 players from the Leaderboard are listed on main menu along with their last replay
- [UI] The message telling you that your opponent abandoned the ranked lobby will no longer disappear after 5 seconds.
- [AI] Now uses Gas Giants
- [AI] Neural net tweaks
- [AI] Will now build Annihilaser
- [AI] Better handling of platoons
- [AI] All known issues of AI getting stuck now fixed
- [AI] Added a large set of new AI names
- [AI] Now better performance in the late game due to smarter pathing choices
- [Bug fixes] Changing economy after everyone has clicked ready will unready everyone
- [Bug fixes] Your rank changes will now immediately update after a match
- [Bug fixes] Replaced the messed up “5” in the font
- [Bug fixes] Landing zone low resolution circles now removed
- [Bug fixes] Straight line graphics bug when you look up through atmosphere into space is now fixed
- [Bug fixes] Linux should now correctly load all translated locales
- [Bug fixes] You should now be able to see the quit confirmation even if the game is paused [Bug fixes] Nukes and commander explosion damage should now better match the visual effect
- [Bug fixes] Fixed some of the instances of jerky movement
- [Bug fixes] Orbital Fabbers will now correctly build on planets other than their current planet
- [Bug fixes] Fixed detection that the planet you are orbiting was destroyed while attempting to move somewhere else
- [Bug fixes] Commander AA now prioritizes air correctly
- [Bug fixes] You should no longer be incorrectly prompted to reconnect to an old game
- [Bug fixes] Attempting to requeue after playing matchmaking should no longer prompt you to reconnect to the game you just played
- [Bug fixes] Connecting to a matchmaking game should be more reliable
- [Armory] New Commander: Berlinetta
- [Armory] New Commander: Banditks