This project's funding goal was not reached on February 3, 2012.
About this project
Thanks for checking out our Kickstarter project! Watch the video, become a backer and let others know about it!
What is the iRail 3D??The iRail 3D is a precision compact camera rail system for taking 3D still images with the iPhone 4 and 4S, or any suitable compact camera. What is a suitable camera? Almost any one which will take a 5-second video. Upload your images to our website and our software will do the rest. We will make stunning 3D prints of your photos which you can see in 3D without any special glasses or lighting. Watch the video to see more details!
The iRail 3D can be placed on any flat surface, mounted to any common tripod head or just supported at both ends. Use the standard tripod screw mount to attach your camera or the optional iPhone 4/4S mount (the Glif, a recent successful Kickstarter project, which also doubles as a versatile stand for the iPhone).
What is the iRail 3Dx?The standard rail will handle the vast majority of 3D photo situations, but for even greater versatility the iRail 3Dx is an extended version. It is approximately 50% longer for use in photographing 3D images of more distant subjects or for additional use as a conventional camera slider to capture moving video effects shots.
iRail 3D - small and light; perfect for everyday 3D photography
iRail 3Dx -better for large groups, distant scenes and as video camera slider
What rewards are available?You can get any reward shown in the table below by pledging the appropriate amount.
What's the money for?The iRail 3D is precision CNC machined out of blocks of aerospace grade aluminum and anodized to military specs for looks and durability. All the design work and production drawings are completed and ready to go. Backers of this project will be helping to create the first production run of the iRail 3D. Your pledges will enable us to produce top-quality rails right here in the USA. Backers pledge to pay for their selected reward only if we meet the funding goal of $10,000. We’re grateful for every dollar pledged!
When will rewards ship?We expect to ship initial product as early as two weeks after funding of the project and all rails within 4 to 6 weeks.
iRail 3D System mounted at ends on two GorillaPods (not included)
What makes iRail 3D so cool?The iRail 3D makes it simple and effortless to capture video sequences perfect for producing outstanding 3D prints. Some of the key attributes are:
- Extremely Light and Compact - you can slip it in your camera bag to have it handy
- Precision - CNC machined in the USA to exacting tolerances
- Extremely Durable - All parts are aerospace grade aluminum
- Beautiful - all parts are anodized to military specs
- 3 Tripod Mount Sockets - allows support from center or ends
- Non-slip Base Covering - can even be used without a tripod on almost any flat surface
- Versatile - can also be used as a conventional video camera slider for effects shots such as:
Push-in or pull-out focus effects
Wide area panning
Low angle or floor level perspective
Time lapse sequences
Placing camera in difficult to access locations
- How do you use it?It’s simple and intuitive... just set the focus and exposure and slide the camera from right to left at a slow, steady rate! On the iPhone 4 and 4S you can use Apple’s built in Camera app or almost any other photo app capable of taking videos. To make sure you get the best results there will be a "How to use the iRail 3D" video available to all project backers. We are looking forward to seeing the amazing 3D images you will create!
- Will there be future iRail 3D products?Absolutely! We plan a number of line extensions and affordable add-ons to increase the versatility of the system.
- What is Linear Optics?Linear Optics is both the name of our company and a term for the technologies we develop. It covers a range of autostereographic techniques, such as lenticular, barrier grid and flys-eye images. These are all methods of producing images where the 3D or other effects are viewed without the need for special glasses or unique lighting sources.
- Thanks for looking at our project!Check back later to see new videos showing how to take great 3D photos with the iRail 3D and tell a friend about it!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (45 days)