About this project
Line Masters is a new kind of game based on the popular Flash game Line Rider. This is more than just a battle against physics and wonderful outlet for creativity, it is an all-new adventure game taking you over mountains, through valleys, down rivers, and even into the realm of the abstract. Line Masters gives you the ability to customize your sled for a truly unique game experience. Are you a line master?
UPDATE #2(10/10/13): Attention failthful backers, a playable demo showing many of the game's core features is schuduled in the next day or two. Stay tuned and show people, RICH people, developers, anyone this demo so we can get funded! I'm doing this for you guys! Here's a proof of concept demo while I get the project demo (alpha 1.0) out the door.
UPDATE #1(9/27/13): Try out the Sleditor!
And the fast paced ring collecting test level:
:: Goals ::
$50K - Goal - If the initial goal is reached you will get:
- Completed game in 6 months
- Exclusive KickStarter gear for your sled and character
- Free updates for life
- Community driven development
$100K - Advanced Goal - If the advanced goal is reached you will get:
- All the benefits of the $50,000 goal level + 6 months for the following
- More features, levels, and options
- Deeper storyline complete with character arcs, twists, and cutscenes
- Special KickStarter backer levels
$250K - Ultimate Goal - If the ultimate goal is reached you will get:
- All the benefits of the goal and advanced goal + 6 more months for the following
- Even more features, levels, and options
- Additional staff for better artwork and design
- Multiplayer (MMORPG) elements (racing, hub, etc.)- Mini games and mobile apps galore!
$Beyond that - Developer Goal - Any money beyond the ultimate goal is used to add staff, features, and enhance the gameplay. The maximum development time for this goal is 2 total years, no matter how much money is raised above this bar. You will STILL get a game in the first 6 months as long as the initial funding is met, but you will get an even better game based on the goals that will not take more than 2 years to complete, no matter what.
What is planned in the full (50K goal) version
- Over 100 individual sled parts (plus frequent updates and add-ons)
- Quick and Expert mode in the Sleditor (Expert is more detailed such as letting you change the sled's geometry)
- 64+ Levels to challenge you and your sledding ability
- Engaging storyline
- Many options for character creation
- Rich and interactive environments
- New and unique music and sound design relevant to features of the sled and environment
- Many challenges and enemies (and bosses) to overcome - Places and items only available to KickStarter backers
Updates and information on the game can be found at http://www.mgi-studios.com
Thank you for your pledge! You will be a happy backer!
-Sorvius (Lead Developer)
Risks and challenges
My confidence and ability to produce this game might seem high enough to tip on unrealistic, but the facts are that I am fully capable of programming this game from start to finish in 6 months. The only thing that could stop me is death, and I am in good health and ready for anything.
If, for any reason, there was a delay in the development process, all backers would be informed immediately and fully. This way everyone is aware of the issues up front and I can be completely transparent about what is going on.
I am also an experienced community manager and know how to run one. My backers and gaming community will be kept in the loop at all times and always know when their game updates and releases are coming.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Currently Line Masters will run on Windows platforms, but multi-platform support (Mac, Linux, mobile) is planned if certain funding goals are reached. If the initial goal is reached and the funding can be stretched, we may offer multi-platform support from the get-go.
The game will cost $20 upon release. This is a full game that will give you hours of enjoyment and will be updated with new content for at least 2 years following the official release. However, if you back the game on this KickStarter campaign you can get it and all future DLC for only $5, so you you're getting a huge discount for a very small contribution.
The game is merely based on the original concept of Line Rider. The game itself might remind you of it if you played the original, but this game is a brand new adventure with unique characters, a compelling storyline, and many levels to beat. If there was a concern for copyright infringement, the campaign would not have been started. In other words, we would not knowingly accept pledges only to get sued later.
Support this project
- (30 days)