This project's funding goal was not reached on July 20, 2012.
About this project
Why we started Human Authenticity
We started Human Authenticity to create beautiful denim jeans that won’t drain your wallet or brand your a*$. We also believe that empowered people are world changers, so it is our mission to empower people with our denim. We do this by providing a uniform to a child in need for every pair of jeans you purchase. It’s an opportunity to beautify your bottom half and make the world a better place. In addition, it generally takes approximately 2/3 lbs. of pesticides and massive amounts of water, energy, and synthetic dyes to create a single pair of jeans. We think that is ludicrous. So, we set out to produce the highest quality and most beautifully crafted jeans possible without creating any detriment to the environment. In summary, we believe that liberated and empowered people are a powerful force in the world. We also believe that our planet sustains life, so we should be good stewards of it. We believe that fashionable, high quality, and affordable denim has the ability to make people feel liberated, empower them through giving an education, and can make an impact towards a more sustainable world. Human Authenticity: Better your bottom half, better the world.
Human Authenticity has designed men’s and women’s jeans that are beautifully crafted, and sustainably made. Because they’re sold only online, they’re ridiculously affordable, without having to compromise on fit or quality. But the best part is that for every pair of jeans purchased, Human Authenticity will donate the money needed to produce a school uniform for a child who would otherwise be unable to attend school. We’re also increasing sustainability by limiting our water and energy levels and using organic dyes and sustainable materials in our fabrics.
Women’s Low Rise Super Skinny
The Low Rise Super Skinny is a classic skinny leg cut. The slim design is tailored to hug your hips and legs, making them look and feel great in our soft tensile blend denim.
Women’s Perfect Skinny
This cut is made for the woman who has a little bit more of what her mama gave her. Perfectly fit to show off your figure, this cut is made out of sustainable materials that are soft with a bit of elasticity so they’ll fit perfectly every time.
Men’s Low Rise, Slim Straight Leg
This cut is a tailored men’s straight leg. It is a classic cut that utilizes a button fly, rather than the typical zipper... think There's Something About Mary... you’re welcome. The men’s Jeans are made out of a rugged and incredibly comfortable, 100% organic cotton denim.
Both the Men’s and Women’s jeans are made in a dark indigo denim, giving them a clean and versatile look.
How are we sustainable
· The fabrics we’re using, Organic Cotton and Tencel, are renowned for their sustainable qualities, which creates a smaller carbon footprints during production than those of conventional fabrics.
· Our jeans are made in the United States, which means we’re limiting any environmental impact from transportation of materials.
· Our buttons and rivets don’t contain any nickel or lead.
· We’ll be using water saving machines during the washing process of production.
· We are working towards using 100% advanced organic vegetable dyes to color our denim, rather than using chemical or synthetic dyes
Where we stand in production
We have our prototypes constructed and we’ve carefully and meticulously searched for and selected the perfect fabric. Now all we need is to start production.
What we plan to do with the money that we raise on Kickstarter
1. We will purchase enough fabric to produce our first line so that YOU, and everyone you know, can wear our jeans.
2. Cutting, sewing, finishing, and shipping of the jeans to you.
3. It will provide children in need with a school uniform, giving them the opportunity to receive an education.
All of the rewards for your donation are outlined on the right. Shipping is free within the US and Canada. For those outside of the US and Canada, we ask that you give an extra $15 to help pay for shipping.
All jeans can be exchanged up to one year from the day the KickStarter campaign ends. Exchanges can be made for a different size or cut. We have all sizes, and our jeans and shirts are true to size. Be sure to include your size when you place your order!
- (35 days)