The Story So Far
We founded Kirton Games three and half years ago, the brainchild of three hobbyists who’ve been gaming together for over 20 years.
We had the vision of creating a friendly and welcoming space where we could meet and play our favourite games together and create a community of like-minded gamers and hobbyists. In three years since opening the shop has undergone repeated expansion, adding both extra gaming space and ranges
This will by far our biggest expansion to date...
We’re always trying to push the envelope of what’s possible and break the mould of what to expect from the Friendly Local Gaming Shop. We host regular sell out events, the largest of which was eXe-Wing IV where 112 X-Wing Players descended on Crediton for a full days gaming. It was the largest single war games tournament we've ever held and we believe maybe the largest ever held in the South West.
Although these events have always been well received we have always had the nagging feeling that they could be done even better if we had our own space to host them rather than hiring an outside venue.
The capacity of our current shop is too small for the events we want to run and we're now having to turn people away. We need your help...
We're moving! We’ve identified a fabulous new shop with loads of space. We think with a bit of help we could turn this space into the most awesome gaming centre in the South West, allowing us to host proper gaming tournaments and campaigns for multiple gaming systems. We have a 70m2 open plan space capable of taking upwards of 30 gamers which we have dubbed "The Gaming Loft".
In order to turn the space into a gaming nirvana we need tables suitable for wargames, board and card games, chairs, sofas, a big screen, a snack bar with a kick ass coffee machine, some amazing terrain and professional facilities including fixed online streaming for top table games.
We ultimately want it to be about the experience so we’d like to decorate the place in a suitably wargaming fashion with banners, swords and shields adorning the walls, miniatures displays and a dedicated hall of fame for tournament winners.
For gamers wishing to take advantage of the space we will be offering all day or evening gaming for the low price of £3 per player, or £40 for an annual membership that reduces pay to play to £1 per session for unlimited use of space during opening hours alongside other benefits.
Membership - £72 Annual, discounted to £40 for the kickstarter.
- A member pass granting unlimited use* of the gaming space during opening hours, including use of terrain, and gaming mats for £1 per session.
- 15% discount off RRP.
- Complimentary high speed WiFi access.
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Access to The Kirton Games Black Library.
* Membership is open to all, however members under 14 wishing to use the Gaming Loft will need to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
All the pledge levels include a number of Kirtonian Credits, very simply a single credit can be exchanged for a free gaming session for the backer/members, or a guest of the backer/member.
Alongside the various membership pledge we are offering various additional add on's for limited edition Kirton Games branded pledge memorabilia and gaming accessories. All of the add on's below are exclusive to Kickstarter backers, and will not be available after the event. If you wish to purchase any of the add on's with your pledge follow the instructions below. Add-on's are free to collect from the store once available, and can be posted anywhere in the UK or internationally, for the following price £3 within UK, and £6.5 internationally.
ADD-ON INSTRUCTIONS: To add an add-on to your pledge, follow these steps:
1) Press the 'Manage Your Pledge' Button above. If you have not pledged yet, it will say 'Back this Project'.
2) Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
3) After the end of the Kickstarter campaign you will receive a survey that will ask you which add'on items you'd like your additional add-on money assigned too.
- Personalised Mug - £10
- Tote-Bag - £10
- T-Shirt - £15
- Hoodie - £25
- Messenger Bag - £25
- Zip-Up Hoodie - £35
- 10 Kirton Games D6 - £12
- Dice Bag - £10
- Kirton Games Play Mat - £25
The Kickstarter t-shirts are 100% cotton, and the hoodie is air jet yarn. Both are avialble in sizes S to 2XL.
The Kickstarter zip-up hoodie is air jet yarn and available in sizes S to 2XL.
The tote-bags are 100% cotton.
Exclusive Kirton Games dice and dice pouch.
All of the add-on's above can be added to any pledge at any time, just follow the instructions above.
Further Add-on offers
The Grand Opening (All pledges over £50) - A ticket to the grand opening of the gaming loft, a night of gaming and fun!
Private Party (£150) - Private rental of the gaming loft for you and 20 friends, from 10am to 10pm and you would have full use of the all the member facilities. (Dates to be agreed one month in advance)
To out-fit The Gaming Loft we are looking for £3500 to complete the work and create the premier destination for gaming in the South West. Alongside the main shop and Loft we've a lot more space suitable for development and we’ve identified a number of stretch goals should the Kickstarter prove popular.
- Board Games and D&D Room if we reach £4300 - We will create a dedicated role-play and board game room that will be bookable and decked out with the latest and classic board games for you to come in and play.
- Hobby Bar if we reach £5000 - We will dedicate part of the shop to building a fully kitted out hobby and painting bar, with professional lighting and full range of paints, for members to build and paint their favourite models.
- The Kirton Studio if we reach £6000 we will be building a dedicated podcast studio that will be bookable to create content for the Kirton Games Podcast network – enabling the community and creators to have a space they can use. The space can also be used to live produce live commentary for streams gaming taking place in the gaming loft.
Update to stretch goals 26/04/2017
The maker studio if we reach £7500 – we will purchase a 3D Printer, Laser engraver and CNC machine. The machine/s will be bookable and free to use for members (excluding material costs). Allowing members to create custom model parts, as well as custom gaming paraphernalia such as tokens, templates and dice.
Risks and challenges
No matter what the shop is moving and will happen with or without funding. However we will not be able to realise the potential of the new space and gaming hall without your support - you have the opportunity to get involved in the creation of Devon's premier gaming space!
Kirton Games was the dream of three dedicated gamers, and in the last three years we've put so much effort into creating something we are really proud of; a friendly and welcoming gaming environment and a reputation for hosting some kick ass events. Now you have the opportunity to help us make it even better.
We've lined up some great rewards for those who are pledging to help create the new Kirton Games. This project is also about the community surrounding us, so helping us to spread the word to your friends and family is just as important!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)