About this project
URBAN HARVESTING MADE EASY
With the Super®Bag we want to provide a growing solution for all those who live in urban environments and have limited outdoor space available. The space-saving vertical design keeps your balcony or terrace area from being cluttered by large containers, but still provides you with plenty of natural growing space.
INC MAGAZINE - 3 Start-ups That Want to Hack Your Garden
INHABITAT - The Super®Bag Vertical Growbag Makes Gardening in Small Spaces Much Simpler
ALEXANDR TSUKANOV - Urban harvesting made easy
WELKE - Gardening with movable growbags
The Super®Bag is designed in order to give you a large choice of greens to plant. Once filled, the growbag contains an optimal amount of potting soil per plant (4 liters or 1 gallon) so your veggies can get the growing conditions they need and deserve. You can either plant seeds or cuttings and you’ll be able to enjoy your fresh and homegrown produce in no time.
The Super®Bag features a durable fabric bag with trendy wooden handles. This allows you to move it around easily. For example, take it to your kitchen counter, window sill or worktable.
The supports, both columns and knobs, also ensure the necessary flexibility. You can install them to any wall: inside or outside, concrete, brick, wood, etc.
Harvey's coin for an even easier installation:
We have 3 kickstarter reward kits available to get you started:
SINGLE GROWER - to get started.
This includes ONE Super®Bag in a color of your choice (dark grey or black).
SINGLE VERTICAL GROWER - make it vertical.
This includes ONE Super®Bag in a color of your choice (dark grey or black) PLUS a set of Super®Knobs so you can hang your bag to any wall.
DOUBLE VERTICAL GROWER - make it a garden.
This includes TWO Super®Bags in a color of your choice (dark grey or black) PLUS a set of Super®Columns so you can hang your bags to any wall and get your vertical garden running.
HARVEY GROWING COMMUNITY
You don’t need to be an expert in gardening because Super®Bag will come with a social network community called Harvey. It will provide you with:
tips and tricks by professional growers and fellow users;
- Inspiration on growing tasty vegetables, fruit and herbs;
- Recipes for your homegrown produce adjusted for each season.
Harvey is there to inspire urban agricultural rookies and show them that with some help, home growing your own veggies and herbs is a piece of cake.
HOW THE MONEY WILL BE USED
All the design work and testing has been done: we found MULTIPLE suppliers for ALL parts, the packing has even been worked out.
The final prototype products are shown in our kickstarter video and the first batch of these is ready to be shipped out to our very limited EARLY BIRD backers as soon as our Kickstarter campaign is successfully funded by the end of August.
Now we need your help to get our first big production order out so we can get the Super®Bag on all of your walls at a great price.
- We started the design project back in May 2012 and spend over a year in getting everything right. After numerous tests and prototypes we finally finished the product in June and made our Kickstarter video in July so you can all see the final product in real life.
- We plan to launch the Kickstarter campaign the beginning of August.
- We plan to end our campaign by August.
- As soon as our funding targets are met, with pledging continuing, we plan to expedite sourcing and manufacturing.
- We have secured all the materials needed for September shipments (EARLY BIRDS).
- We plan to ship September shipments (EARLY BIRDS) by the 3rd week of September.
- We plan to manufacture October shipments by the 2nd week of October.
- We plan to ship October shipments (EARLY BIRDS) by the 3rd week of October.
- We plan to ramp up our production during the months of September, and October. We will be able to ship +10000 units thru the end of October. In case we are above and beyond our estimates, we can always fall back on backup suppliers.
- We plan to get the Harvey community up and running by the end of September.
Risks and challenges
Having backed multiple projects myself, I know that many projects face delays in the actual shipping of the rewards. Knowing this, we still opt to get the rewards out shortly after the end of this kickstarter project.
Having multiple suppliers for all parts should prevent us from hitting production delays and we already tested the fulfillment to make sure we can get everybody served within the set time.
During the prototyping phase we tested all kinds of fabrics to produce the bag.
In the end we choose a durable outdoor PU coated polyester fabric which is:
- UV resistant
- Tear resistant
- Waterproof (the bag contains some drainage holes on the side to prevent root rot)
For the wooden parts we used FSC marked birch KD 10-12%, varnished with a transparent water based lack for outdoor usage.
A fully planted and well saturated bag will weigh about 8 kg (or 17 lbs).
All parts of the Super®Bag will be sold separately.
The Super®Bag is a modular growbag measuring 80cm x 30cm x 20cm or 31.5” x 11.8” x 7.9”.
The Super®Columns measures 62cm (24.4") height. Between the 2 Super®Columns you'll need 85cm (33.5").
- (30 days)