Sam’s Log Cabin is a special place to a lot of people, and we are very excited to finally announce our plans for the backyard!
Almost 4 years ago, Rhasaan Fernandez and Mike Daillak took over the cabin from the original Sam’s family. Since then, they have worked tirelessly to craft it into a different kind of restaurant experience: A cozy and warm place where the community can enjoy a great breakfast or lunch in an atmosphere that is as local and organic as the food, all while engaging with each other and the local arts scene.
The backyard is a big part of that vision!
Imagine enjoying live music while waiting for a table on the weekends (the added patio will also help cut down the wait times!) or bringing the family to a movie night or feature stage performance. These are but a few of the plans we have for our new space.
As our community has expanded, we've put all of the profits towards increasing our use of local/organic/sustainable ingredients on the menu. We plan on continuing in this direction as we move forward. Yet to do that, we first need to expand our seating and kitchen capacity.
That brings us to why you’re here!
Our goal is to raise 40k for several big additions to the backyard, including:
- An additional larger patio for added outdoor seating
- A stage featuring live local music on Saturdays and Sundays as well as evening performances on a monthly basis (Saturdays will be various genres - Sundays will be a “Bluegrass Brunch!”)
- Vegetable/Herb gardens, native grass and other landscaping
- More fruit trees (we currently have figs, blackberries, apples and lemons)
- A brick oven for some more creative dishes (breakfast pizzas, baked egg dishes...etc)
- A space that can be used for community events (meetings, concerts, parties, movie nights...etc)
Some structural changes we’ll also need are:
- An outdoor walk-in refrigerator
- New hoods for an expanded kitchen range
- An enclosed storage area
- A new perimeter fence
- An outdoor service station
- Cement foundations for the patio and walkways
- Drainage systems
Risks and challenges
After 3 1/2 years of planning for this project, we're quite certain that, given the resources, all shall come to pass. Up to this point, all of the improvements to Sam's have been achieved with our own "4 hands" (Mike and Rhasaan's), and with the help of our friends. This hard work has earned us a sense of confidence - one that's got us chomping at the bit to finally bring the Cabin to it's full potential.
ALSO, with the funding we hope to achieve here, we would love to enlist the local community as these projects take shape. Many of you that frequent Sam's are skilled in various trades. Let us know if you'd like to get involved in any way.
A place built BY the community, FOR the community, will create a unique environment that is much more than just a restaurant. This is what we're trying to do with this project...Join us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)